rAthena Goals

Akinari

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096

Again bump for this topic.

And again lets start to talk about security.

I was read Lighta post, and he a little bit wrong about encryption.

The most dangerous cheater, it's a couple of cheaters. When player download at internet wpe/rpe and after 1 minute start a spam at packet level, it's a most dangerous part. 

I do not talk about memory protection or other side protection of client side, i'm just talking about features what already released on official kRO, like WPE\RPE (packet encryption) protection between server\client.

You guys talks about version of client, i can't to say with 100% sure about this, but i think, there only 3 different game exe what in use right now at the big part of community: 

• 2010-07-30
  • 2012-04-10
  • 2013-08-07

And if some developers will concentrate on latest one, it will a great way to make feature life of protection progress more true.

Sorry, for my bad english.

P.S. still bumping for WPE FREE feature from (emulatotr on domainname.ws)

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  135

Again bump for this topic.

And again lets start to talk about security.

I was read Lighta post, and he a little bit wrong about encryption.

The most dangerous cheater, it's a couple of cheaters. When player download at internet wpe/rpe and after 1 minute start a spam at packet level, it's a most dangerous part. 

I do not talk about memory protection or other side protection of client side, i'm just talking about features what already released on official kRO, like WPE\RPE (packet encryption) protection between server\client.

You guys talks about version of client, i can't to say with 100% sure about this, but i think, there only 3 different game exe what in use right now at the big part of community: 

• 2010-07-30
  • 2012-04-10
  • 2013-08-07

And if some developers will concentrate on latest one, it will a great way to make feature life of protection progress more true.

Sorry, for my bad english.

P.S. still bumping for WPE FREE feature from (emulatotr on domainname.ws)

Sorry to resurrect this, nearly a couple months later but.. i couldn't help myself.

I also have low knowledge about Encrypted Packets, But i don't understand here, If you have the knowledge, Skill, and time to keep arguing your point ,  why don't you make some free released security? Or take your own measures to prevent it? (No offence) But i believe the reason they don't focus on this, is because it's a priority at the moment.

• 1 year later...

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  153

• Emulation Accuracy

Our top priority of this project should be put towards creating an experience that matches that of the official servers. Right now, we are far from reaching that goal, but with focus on this particular issue, and with the help of people like you, we can close the gap between the official servers and ourselves. While this may never reach 100% accuracy due to constantly changing aspects in official servers, we could definitely do better than where we are right now.

I would love to help! But I dont know where to start =\

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  587

If you see something that's off from official behavior. You can always open an issue on Github.

• Emulation Accuracy

Our top priority of this project should be put towards creating an experience that matches that of the official servers. Right now, we are far from reaching that goal, but with focus on this particular issue, and with the help of people like you, we can close the gap between the official servers and ourselves. While this may never reach 100% accuracy due to constantly changing aspects in official servers, we could definitely do better than where we are right now.

I would love to help! But I dont know where to start =\
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  790

Yup, actively participating on github is a good start. If you can code you can even post solutions. This will collect you fame. If you want to help even further, apply as dev after having collecting some fame from fixes, if your past fixes were good you're likely to be accepted.

• 7 years later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1

It's comforting to read this through the years ❤️

• Love 1

• 6 months later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  22

Excellent job, I'm glad that this incredible game continues to be supported and improved.