Hamachi Connection

Hiryu Imajin

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  58

I have done a lot of things already and I think the easiest way for me to have my friends connect on my server is Hamachi but up until now they still cant connect. I don't know what the problem is but its been days..

We are just going to test out our server before getting a vps or getting a dedicated server. My current ISP plan has a Dynamic IP and atm I cannot forward my ports because they are not letting me so my decision is since we are just going to do it for the sake of testing I did just do the HAMACHI.

So problem is all of the settings are correct I presume as I can login using the HAMACHI ip on my clientinfo.xml but my friends can only login at "login" but they cant go pass through character, they can't even goto character select.

I have been searching for a guide about setting up HAMACHi but I couldn't find one. If there are others here who were able to connect through hamachi I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

9 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  410

It's not up to your ISP to port forward, that info is only in your modem settings.

Just google 'port forwarding' and the name of your router.

But for Hamachi, when your friends login, do you see on the server output window the fact that they are logging in?  Or do you not get any connection info from them at all?

It's not up to your ISP to port forward, that info is only in your modem settings.

Just google 'port forwarding' and the name of your router.

But for Hamachi, when your friends login, do you see on the server output window the fact that they are logging in?  Or do you not get any connection info from them at all?

About the port forward I have been receiving a lot of different information about it that's why my last resort is Hamachi where I don't need to do any port forwarding, if I am right.

And I think I am in good terms with the port forwarding as I am not really receiving connection errors with the port.

2nd part:

Yes when they login I can see their username and some information in the Log Server but on the Char Server nothing and obviously in the Map Server nothing as well.

Thank you for your time.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  13

from what i know hamachi you dont need to port forward as it usually bypasses everything, use your hamachi ip for char and map txt and it should work.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  236

Wasn't Hamachi proven back in eAthena that it is not safe to use this as your host.

from what i know hamachi you dont need to port forward as it usually bypasses everything, use your hamachi ip for char and map txt and it should work.

I know it should be, but I saw something in eathena about the packet_athena.conf for the allow I did put my IP im just waiting for my friends to try it out.

Wasn't Hamachi proven back in eAthena that it is not safe to use this as your host.

As from what I've said, me and my friends are just going to test the server and do some fixes before we have hit hosted by a VPS.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  236

I see then! 

I was able to solve it anyways. Thanks for the help. Now I am just looking for other ways not to use hamachi. I don't know how to use no-ip.com cause I have dynamic ip i requested for the static one but their asking me for too much :(

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9

How did you solve it? i'm trying to use hamachi, but my friends cant access to "Character Select" just can see how many people is on...:S
I changed: Clientinfo IP, Char_Athena IP, and Map_Athena IP. Really i'm not sure which IP i should change but i tested with all combinations xd I also tested with differents IP on subnet_athena.
And my firewall is off. I need help :S

PD: i tested to play with other computer (in my house) and it worked, but my friends cant play yet T.T

Edited by xavii93

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  350

try to change your "login ip and char ip" in char_athena with your hamachi IP,

then uncomment the line, or remove the '//' from the line(if it still there).

do this to your "map_athena" too,

then edit your clientinfo,

put your hamachi ip, then rebuild your grf (of course).

in your subnet_athena(if im not mistaken)

add in new line:

subnetmask:hamachiIP:hamachiIP

for example mine is:

255.255.255.0:254.168.xxx.xx:254.168.xxx.xx

i hope this things could help :)