Section For Tutorials

fbrulz

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70

hello every one

well i wanted to suggest if we could open a separate section for tutorials. 

all the tutorials would go in here. this would be very convenient also to look for tutorials be it client side setup server setup guide to use browedit, client side diffing etc....

would like to know how my fellow rathena members feel.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  802

Wiki has replaced tutorials section back in eAthena days. I liked it but also disliked it, for several reasons. Tutorials have a personal view that a wiki article can't have. For example, in spriting, or RO pixel art in general, I'm sure I won't explain it as Adel or Gaypuff would do.

However, obviously, wiki is way more organized.

I suggested recently (via staff sections) to add IP content and this way people can create a place to post their guides. I have some guides I'd like to translate and add to rAthena, but I refuse to use the wiki since it doesn't look appealing to me as a place to post MY lessons xD. Not all graphics people may agree with my text and I wouldn't like it being modified by other people.

I contributed to the wiki, but not as much as I'd like because of this.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  398

I've talked about this with Maki and Brian a couple of months ago and just like DevilEvil said we came to the decision Wiki is the way to go because it's simply more organized.