r17402 - rAthena Renewal battle support and major battle/skill system overhaul!

helvetica

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105

rAthena Renewal battle support and major battle/skill system overhaul!

ATTENTION!

There have been several bugfixes since Renewal battle support was initially introduced with r17402. Please make sure to stay up to date with the latest SVN build for any potential fixes or changes.

r17406 - Corrected Renewal EDP to exclude Grimtooth and Venom Knife

r17413 - Corrected Renewal Final Strike to remove Ninja Soul and Hiding status on use

r17417 - EDP incorrectly doubling weapon ATK bonus

r17418 - Status ATK not being forced to an element

r17420 - Reductions weren't being applied properly to damage dealt from players

I tried to be as thorough as possible, there was just some bugs I had not ran into because I hadn't ran into them myself, and when we released the patch out to testing it wasn't reported. We are trying to fix them ASAP. Please make sure to stay up to date on the latest SVN for any potential bugfixes and report any issues you may run into!

Overview:

r17402 brings exactly what you've been waiting for all this time, a comprehensive and painstakingly accurate Renewal skill and battle system. After many sleepless nights and sacrifices to various foul gods, and lots and lots of moral support, we are proud to say this was worth the wait. Battle.c, the heart of the rAthena combat calculation engine, has been massively refactored and brought into line with official calculation methods and "quirks". And all skills, we're proud to say, are in place and functional and above all, accurate for both pre-renewal and renewal modes. No more placeholders!

I'll keep this overview brief. If you're interested in a complete technical breakdown of all the renewal formulas and the methods how damage is calculated on official servers, keep on reading for exact formulas and gameplay behavior changes.

Changes:

• Renewal EDP is fully implemented and functioning according to official behaviors
  • All skills updated to their official Renewal formulas and behaviors, notable examples including Soul Breaker, Acid Demonstration, and Spiral Pierce
  • Countless skill fixes and undocumented official behaviors "documented" and implemented for both Renewal and Pre-Renewal modes
  • Battle.c rewritten for easier maintenance and modification
  • Renewal skill database updated and verified

If you have any source modifications, you may experience some issues updating. We highly highly recommend starting from a clean SVN copy before applying any source modifications. Those of you with stock installations should be fine with an SVN pull and a recompile. This update isn't just for renewal support either, many skills and behaviors have been corrected for pre-renewal as well. We definitely recommend upgrading to this even if you're running a purely pre-renewal server for a more accurate gameplay experience.

Many many thanks go to Baalberith who did most of the initial refactoring work, and to Akinari who beat me over the head to make sure I finished this xP!

Gory technical details

General

* Forced neutral behavior documented and implemented. Weapon element does affect the following skills, but final damage is treated neutral for resistances. End result is endows do boost skill damage as expected given elemental weaknesses or resistances, but forced neutral skills will always miss on Ghost 3/4 mobs as the damage is "forced" back to neutral type after bonuses are applied but before resistances.

* The following skills are considered "forced neutral"
        Merchant "Cart Revolution"
        Creator "Acid Demonstration"
        Genetic "Cart Cannon" (damage is forced to element of cannon ball, either neutral or holy or ghost)
* Weapon calculation engine has been rewritten to better emulate official behaviors and "quirks", the following changes have been documented and implemented:
        Double attack takes priority over criticals when determining which effect activates
        VITDEF (status or sDEF) is applied on every hit on multi-hit skills, rather than a flat reduction on the final damage total
        Skills such as Spiral Pierce that differ when used by monsters modified to match official calculation methods
* Weapon element behavior adjusted to match official behavior, endows override any innate weapon element, including elemental arrows
* Renewal - weapon element only applies bonus damage to "weapon" ATK, ATK from status and equipment is considered neutral and ATK from mastery skills are considered non-elemental
* Renewal - MATK on offhand equipped items does stack and apply towards total MATK calculated for skills and spells. This means classes that can dual wield will be able to get +MATK from both weapons, unlike physical where offhand ATK is ignored for skills.

Archer
* Renewal - Owl's Eye still gives +1 HIT per skill level but the HIT bonus does not show up in the status window anymore

Hunter
* Renewal - Claymore, freeze trap and landmine adjusted to apply full damage to "plant" type mobs (monsters that only take 1 damage on every hit)

Thief
* Double attack gives a hidden +1 HIT per skill level on attacks that activate the double attack effect
* Envenom gives a flat +15 ATK per skill level when used, it is considered a mastery type damage and has no element

Rogue
* Renewal - Owl's Eye still gives +1 HIT per skill level but the HIT bonus does not show up in the status window anymore

Merchant
* Cart Revolution adjusted to match "forced neutral" behavior

Assassin Cross
* Advanced Katar Mastery modified. is treaded similar to a +%ATK card rather than a weapon mastery
* Renewal - Soul Breaker formula for Renewal implemented
        ((ATK + MATK) * (3 + (.5 * skill level)) - (eDEF + sDEF + eMDEF + sMDEF)
* Renewal - Soul Breaker no longer misses, it will always do full damage regardless of target's FLEE
* Renewal - Soul Breaker no longer gains DEF piercing or ignore DEF effect from weapons such as Combat Knife and Ice Pick
* Renewal - Enchant Deadly Poison for Renewal implemented
        Weapon ATK multiplied by (1 + (EDP level * .8))
        Equipment ATK multiplied by (1 + (EDP level * .6))
* Renewal - EDP adds half modifiers (base damage/2) but otherwise functions as above with the following skills:
        Sonic Blow
        Soul Breaker
        Counter Slash
        Cross Impact
* Renewal - EDP no longer affects the following skills:
        Grimtooth
        Venom Knife
* Renewal - EDP now affects the following skills:
        Meteor Assault
        Soul Breaker
* EDP still does not affect Venom Splasher in both Renewal and Pre-Renewal modes

Creator
* Renewal - Acid Demonstration formula for Renewal implemented
        7 * ((ATK + MATK) / skill level)  * VIT / 100 )
* Acid Demonstration adjusted to match "forced neutral" behavior on official
        For example, Acid Demonstration used on a water-type mob with a wind endowed weapon will do bonus damage, but will miss on a Ghost 3/4 monster regardless of endow.

Swordsman
* Magnum break bonus damage gives +20% ATK fire damage on physical attack (so 100% ATK normal + 20% ATK fire)

Lord Knight
* Renewal - Spiral Pierce formula for Renewal implemented
        (ATK + (weapon weight / 2)) * (100 + (50 * skill level))%
* Renewal - Mastery skills such as spear mastery no longer add any bonus damage to Spiral Pierce
* Renewal - Spiral Pierce no longer ignores DEF

Ninja
* Renewal - Final Strike formula for Renewal implemented
        base damage = current hp + ((ATK * current hp * skill lvl) / max hp)
        final damage = base damage + ((mirror image count + 1) / 5 * base damage) - (eDEF + sDEF)
* Final Strike will MISS on plant-type mobs (mobs that only take 1 damage per hit from all sources)
* Mirror Image cast over itself will override and reset current Mirror Image count

Genetic
* Cart Cannon "forced element" behavior implemented, damage is "forced" to the element of the cannon ball.
        Ex. Cart Cannon fitted with a standard cannon ball and a fire elemental weapon will do bonus damage against earth targets, and a Cart Cannon fitted with a holy cannon ball will do bonus damage against shadow, but total damage is forced back to element of cannon ball and resistances applied against it. Neutral cannon balls will miss on Ghost 3/4 but holy/ghost/shadow will not.

Gunslinger
* Gunslinger Mine skill formula and behavior matched to official
        Fixed 50 * skill level damage, ignores DEF and is affected by +% ATK weapon cards only

Warlock
* Tetra Vortex behavior modified to match official
        First 4 spirit spheres are used for calculating element of each hit, but if 5 are present all 5 are consumed

Taekwon Kid
* Renewal - Mild wind applies element bonus to status ATK as well as weapon ATK, unlike endows 
  • Upvote 11

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  247

and to Akinari who beat me over the head to make sure I finished this xP!

I did that.  Thanks for putting so much effort into this and finally getting it released!
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  90

Good Job! Akinari  /no1 and the rest of our devs :D

Edited by KoolKat29

There are some VCC errors in this current revision as well as a few GCC warnings.  Will get these fixed ASAP and update this post when finished.

Edit:

Fixed in r17403.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  420

Please commit this to the sourceforge repository as well :)

http://rathena-tools.appspot.com/tools/svn-status.py

The old repository will update automatically.  If you want to stay up to date with latest revisions, switch your SVN repo.

cd /path/to/trunk/

svn switch --relocate https://rathena.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rathena/trunk http://svn.code.sf.net/p/rathena/svn/trunk

Run a repo checkout before relocating.  Tools like RapidSVN and Tortoise have these features built-in to relocate.

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2285

you guys simply awesome /no1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  20

Hey i have a problem when i am yousing svn update ist says skiping and that was it -.-

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  90

Hey i have a problem when i am yousing svn update ist says skiping and that was it -.-

You have a modified source I assume. Please post it under Support Section.

Edited by KoolKat29

• Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  647

how about the RE MATK? did you guys already started that? btw nice update!

Renewal magic attack was implemented for players last November.

See: http://rathena.org/board/tracker/issue-5689-renewal-matk-and-mdef-formula-issue/

And: r16981

As malufett had stated the remaining portion that is incorrect is mob calculations.

See: bugreport:5103

This post serves as a reminder that monster magic attack still needs to be completed as I had totally forgotten about that important detail.  Thanks Rage.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

thanks for the amazing work guys /no1/thx/no1

I forgot to mention that this patch also affects Renewal MATK in a very major way. Weapons that give +MATK apply whether in main or offhand, and count for skills and spells that use MATK. Unlike ATK-based skills where offhand ATK is always ignored, MATK is cumulative. So classes that can dual wield (Assassin, and Kageru/Oboro) will benefit greatly from weapons with +MATK equipped in both hands.

Skills that do not fall strictly under ATK-based ("weapon"-type) or MATK-based ("magic"-type), so-called "misc"-type skills, were also brought up to spec. The previous update Akinari linked to put in complete support for purely "magic"-type skills, this update brings "weapon"- and "misc"-type skills up to Renewal mode.

Most of these skills were rewritten in Renewal to use MATK rather than INT. A large chunk of Renewal was the simplifying of some of the more complex skill formulas. Renewal pretty much did away with using STR and INT directly for any calculations, instead using ATK and MATK in its place. STR and INT (and to a lesser extent, DEX and LUK) are still very important and are directly calculated into status ATK and status MATK respectively, but weapons now have a larger chunk of the damage than before especially on spells. Notable "misc"-type skills updated to use MATK instead of INT include Acid Demonstration and Soul Breaker.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  177

wow great news!

Edited by Qube Eks

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  566

This is a big leaf for rAthena! Congrats!

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  53

wow great update!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  197

Nice update thanks to all developers and contributors ^_^

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  388

i think it's so bad -_-a......i dunno why..all damage now unbeliveable...starting from hundread spear player can use one hit,and tiger canon it's so high O_Oa..and crushing strike now up to 60k++ LOL every job now can one hit one kill -_-

There's been several bugfixes since Renewal ATK was introduced.

r17406 - Corrected Renewal EDP to exclude Grimtooth and Venom Knife

r17413 - Corrected Renewal Final Strike to remove Ninja Soul and Hiding status on use

r17417 - EDP incorrectly doubling weapon ATK bonus

r17418 - Status ATK not being forced to an element

r17420 - Reductions weren't being applied properly to damage dealt from players

I tried to be as thorough as possible, there was just some bugs I had not ran into because I hadn't ran into them myself, and when we released the patch out to testing it wasn't reported. We are trying to fix them ASAP. Please make sure to stay up to date on the latest SVN for any potential bugfixes and report any issues you may run into!

• Upvote 1