[Showcase] Iset Morroc WoE 2.0 Castle

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

Briefing & Concept

Hi guys.

It has been a while I have showed something here. Today I'm glad to share this map for every server that mights to implement something probably never seen before: a custom woe map.

morroc.png

All we know about morroc. Some people might know that the Alpha Ragnarok released by Gravity a long of years ago, included a Alpha Morroc Castle which was a pretty lame map however, it was interesting.

Since the past year I was working on free times on a castle map based in morroc and made as an edition of an official WoE 2.0 map (to keep the standards of area sizes etc) Now you can finally have it.

About this map
So, what do we have new on this map?
plus1.pngplus2.png

Iset a Morroc Castle is, a castle map based in officials. Guilds in a lot of servers around the world takes really seriously WoEs so, being the first custom castle map I was doing before, I thought it was better to preserve the main terrain areas of an official castle.

This map doesn't has any custom 3D models. And I'm sure it is one of the best I've done so far. This shows that good maps can be done by using RO textures/rsm data. However I have to mention that this map is using alpha resources of Ragnarok (named as adata.grf) which are included in the pack of this.

On the other hand, the work on lights of this map was pretty a lot and very well calculated. For instance: the blue lights that shows as they are comming out of the hieroglyphics walls of those sarcofagons on.

Video! ... Watch it in 1080p!
youtube_logo.png

HD Screenshots

kamishi_add.png
Color Palettes Sponsored by @KamiShi
Drooping Olrox Hat Sponsored by @Adel

Screens are in Full 1920x1080 HD resolution. You can allways hit the image thumbnaill to check the images on full size, and check some details that can only be appreciated in HD resolution.

Panoramic Screenshot 1
I find this view very beautiful it is a panoramic main entrance view.

iset_panoramic_1.png

Panoramic Screenshot 2
Another panoramic that shows all the north rooms.

iset_panoramic_2.png

Barricade Area 1
First area of the castle, the first barricade guardian stones that comes by repairing both guardian stones. It has a lot of work with lights. Inspired in Sphinx which you can commonly see this kind of mazes.

iset_barricade_1.png

Guardian Stone 1
Shows the guardian stone of the left.

iset_main_ss_0004_Capa-3.png

After entrance place.
This part comes after you defeath the 2 guardian stones. You have to "climb" this area to lead to the second barricade guards. You can be no casted behind the walls, although, people can cast to you from the under level parts (nowalkable no snipe cells)

iset_main_ss_0006_Capa-5.png

Carnivore Sand Hole
I still remember the old times when WoE 1.0 Castles were unique and they had funny things (like aldebaran castle that had a random warp portal) Well ... my castle comes with something like that. This place inspired in the sograt desert shows a hole, that if you touch it, you get warped out of the castle with a lot of damage on your character!

iset_main_ss_0002_Capa-8.png

Pre-emperium place
Inspired in a castle of yuno, this place shows a small abyss on the lower part and small laberynth to move on it. You can cast from the lower and upper part making the castle pretty dynamic to defend at this place.

iset_main_ss_0003_Capa-7.png

Emperium Room
The emperium Room. I had to totally use a lot of imagination to build this one as this way. Last we have a tribute to the "dimensional gore" which you can see this kind of sand tentacles raising from the ground. Here it looks as they are almost touching the emperium, pretty nice. A small bridge shows the connection from south parth (commonly connection seen in WoE SE structures)

iset_main_ss_0001_Capa-9.png

This map was a very self work I was doing in the 2012 year. It was not serious until I took my time because a lot of people were interested on it, and now I finally finished it.

If you ask me the amount of work was a lot; not only at the design, so as the technical stuff as "shootable" cells or not. Also, as you can tell, the map shows guardian stones/barricades/flags etc, which means it comes with a WoE 2.0 eAthena script/castle db full working, so as the script of the hole, and Instructions for everything. Although I have to say that sadly, I don't have a rA version for this (I'm not a scripter) but being a eA one, you can easily merge it to rA, brA or any other emu you have.

This map will is available in rA downloads, although mind you that it will not be for free, I truly can't afford that since it was an insane amount of work.

In the next days I'm going to show other works that finally I have been able to complete; They are pretty awesome maps that you will love. Also I have to say also that other pending map requests I have from quite some time, will be completed very soon just as this one was.

Comments or Ideas are always welcome. Also if you support this, other maps can be possible for instance: A niflheim WoE 2.0 castle, which could be a nice thing to offer.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  361

Ohh lalala ~ SO MUCH GREATNESS YOU HAVE IN HERE !! I HOPE I Can be your Apprentice. /OTL

• Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  315

*w* awesome

is a perfect castle for morroc i love your works great Olrox

• Topic Count:  166
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789

nice but i was more amazed on your figaro lol just an opinion =)

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  374

Olrox you are bad T_T kkkk this is fantastic xD

• Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  387

Your maps are always stunning Olrox!  =]

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56

Nice work, althou the layout predicts clusterfucks :D

"Every server that mights to implement something probably never seen before: a custom woe map."

Ive seen that before on a small german lowrate, sadly it never got popular :(

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  25

Please create script to rAthena, not eAthena.

• 8 years later...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  271

Has anyone managed to convert this script to the current rA?

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  291

Anyone have this updated script?

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  223

Failed Download Link