[Suggestion] Client side

Antares

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  420

Hello everyone!

I'm sad, and a bit upset, because the things on the client side are worse than they should be. Yes, there is a recommended client post pinned into the main topic, but that is getting outdated, and if I try to find newer luas, datas, table files, I'm only gonna struggle in that with no result. Guys, please. The server is useless without a proper client. Who will play if the client has so many unfinished content, that even our first players got into them on their first day? The quest menu is a nightmare... Unicode garbage that was a korean text once, korean buttons in some places, unknown items in the quest guides and if I click on them the game crashes, and I could go on like for hours. This is not good. The whole client side should have a dev team as well just as the server side has with svn support, because fishing files from all over the web from  over advertised, deadlink media share sites is just not the proper way!

Please consider this: start an rAthena client project, with it's own support system and repository.

This way it would be far easier to manage luas, datas, clients, everything together, in one place, and setting up a server with the newest client wouldn't be a week's job...

Edited by Antares
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1942

lol rAthena is not a paid service community. this community share only what they know yet still learning even some of them is already professional but you can not tell them what to do.  just be thankful on what we have now. first of all you are just a simply member in this community. you can hire people who can help or solve your problems.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  420

Dear Brynner,

First of all, I wasn't telling anyone what to do. I was merely proposing an idea of how to make server owners' life easier. Second, I wasn't judging anyone or anything. I'm using my free time to maintain a server for free, just many do with this project. I highly respect this. But this is not the question of the people, this is the question of the efficiency of the whole project. One of the main factors of efficiency, is the flow of information, and the organized work. Everyone would benefit if everything was much more easier to understand, and develop. Scattered forum posts are the most annoying things to search in if someone needs information on an issue. Also, If there isn't a main place where everyone can track the development of both the client and the server, then many redundant, and non compatible updates may appear. Avoiding this would make developers life easier as well, not only the "customers'". I bet neither the devs, nor the "customers" have the luxury of doing the same work twice or searching for hours just to make something work. There are many problems already, why is that bad if I ask for something that could make things easier?

"Work smarter, not harder"

Edited by Antares
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  331

+1 i agree with antares.

and if there's gonna be a client project, i would be happy to work with it, otherwise i would have a svn for basic client with translated buttons and strings.also there are  too many sites which recommend one or other client and have incomplete which makes us confuse,

Edited by Dastgir

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  353

Dear Brynner,

First of all, I wasn't telling anyone what to do. I was merely proposing an idea of how to make server owners' life easier. Second, I wasn't judging anyone or anything. I'm using my free time to maintain a server for free, just many do with this project. I highly respect this. But this is not the question of the people, this is the question of the efficiency of the whole project. One of the main factors of efficiency, is the flow of information, and the organized work. Everyone would benefit if everything was much more easier to understand, and develop. Scattered forum posts are the most annoying things to search in if someone needs information on an issue. Also, If there isn't a main place where everyone can track the development of both the client and the server, then many redundant, and non compatible updates may appear. Avoiding this would make developers life easier as well, not only the "customers'". I bet neither the devs, nor the "customers" have the luxury of doing the same work twice or searching for hours just to make something work. There are many problems already, why is that bad if I ask for something that could make things easier?

i like the idea of work smarter, not harder

+1 to topic

+1 i agree with antares.

and if there's gonna be a client project, i would be happy to work with it, otherwise i would have a svn for basic client with translated buttons and strings.also there are  too many sites which recommend one or other client and have incomplete which makes us confuse,

i agree with the confusing part like which client uses cskroption or iteminfo

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  331

Dear Brynner,

+1 to topic

+1 i agree with antares.

well cskroption is the custom diff that others have made instead of iteminfo, so that kro updating does not affect their files.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  353

Dear Brynner,

+1 to topic

+1 i agree with antares.

and if there's gonna be a client project, i would be happy to work with it, otherwise i would have a svn for basic client with translated buttons and strings.also there are  too many sites which recommend one or other client and have incomplete which makes us co

nfuse,
well cskroption is the custom diff that others have made instead of iteminfo, so that kro updating does not affect their files.

thx for this info now i fully understand :D