[Free Release] Ragnarok II 3D Monsters Pack#1

Olrox

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  379

Good job guys :)

BUT: Do you think of us, guys who work on custom client ?

In the past we just need to convert the official .gr2 files on another format to use them, but now what do we have to do ?

Parse gr2 file directly (not possible for now) ? Or add a default poring sprite to the gr2 file, ahahah !

Just kidding, great job :)

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  313

Nice! /no1

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1245

So this is the awesome project you mentioned to me. *slur*

Lots of possibilities now with 3D mobs. I feel those sizes are great for "Boss" like versions of the monsters. Can't wait to see more! :D

Thank you so much everyone who paritcipated in allowing this dream to become a reality!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  374

a doubt. then be possible to import it ourselves our own monsters in 3D? some type converter will be available so we can catch a monster of a 3D game example: Jill Valentine from Resident Evil Remake and put in Ragnarok?

• Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  1335

@mindstream

Thank you I'm resizing them allready :P. Just remember that I will add the 2 sizes, because I believe there are people who liked the first one.

@KeyWorld

Hey man, nice to see you around here. :D As for the custom clients, I didn't know that! all I can tell is that these mobs and any custom gr2 is following exactly the same way as official gr2 mobs are. They are identical so I believe you will have good results if you call them the same way you do with the official ones?

Or perhaps I didn't understand the joke :P

@Syouji

Thank you bud. Yes the sizes are good for mvp or as special mobs. So I will keep both :D

@kasumy

Usually (or ever) game character models are skinned and are all about bones animation. The example you said, is, possible. The converter is allready developed thanks by Ricky92. I suggest you to see the project, since in the first thread says what is granny, what is granny exporter and what is the awesome granny converter.

But in very few words, by your inquirie I will say: As long as you have the model in MAX allready, (you have look how to import the bones data and the model data to it) we allready have the tools necessary to import them in RO afterwards. Alternatively you can build your own 3D models (not only mobs) and add any kind of animation you may want...

This is not new, however, the big "missing step" the past 7, 8 or more years we have RO private servers running was the converter. Ricky92 developed a tool for it, and we are really thankfull to him for doing it. Which recalls me that there is a rule about not asking "$$$" in releases, however, I think it won-t be a matter if I add the donation link only of this generous man who did this amazing tool in the first post. Without him, nothing of this would be real.

To all: Thanks a lot for your support :D

• Upvote 2

I do not know if you've seen but I have seen a monster of a game called "The king of fighter" and had a character named "Kula Diamond" as she was in the mob and she seemed very ragnarok 3D and something I call attention is that Jill Valentine has almost the same performance of their attack and death (what i was analyzed by the game) but .... let's wait to see more kkkk very anxious for it ^ ^ will be fun to use on maps kkkk

Edited by kasumy

What you allways need are the tools to "import the models and animation, from your game to 3ds max" <--- this is the hard part :P and it depends of what game you are talking too. However you can for ex. look if there are good people who allready released the models you are looking for in max or any other 3d format.

You will understand better at the time I do the guide of custom gr2 :P

Back to the release:

I'm glad of this big sucess guys!. Now I'm considering about adding an extra mob in appreciation of your feedback. Perhaps you can afford 1 day more of the time expected for this?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565

B E A UUUUUTIFUL!! omg this is so awesome!! The monsters look so good!

Congrats~!

• Upvote 1

@Adel

Hey how are you doing :P. Thanks a lot :3! We are really happy here that finally this is real.

I forgot to ask kkk those monsters in 3D they will need custom textures or sprites will come as standard? I was wondering if the monster would come to the same custom objects as in browedit each object has a texture and I think it would not be different is not it?

hmm it is different.

The textures in GR2 files are exported in the same file. You have only a .gr2 file and there are no textures paths and anything, all is inside that file :P

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  128

Amazing! /no1

@both guys!

Hey, I think I got some free time today!. I will try to do my best to edit the thread today. Just to be sure and to do this more practical: The size you all want would be the half size of how they are now?

yah kkk they let the size of a poring

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  20

Freaking Awesome <3 Olrox Never fail to amuse me :3 Please release it <3 Request for some RO2 MOBS too Thanks in Advance.

@irawrsilentpls

Your welcome!. but I have to say that actually RO2 "Legends of the Second" is not possible yet, due to the -unsupported- Engine. However, we have been able to rip the data inside of it.

These mobs are from RO2 Gate of the World. A friend I know who I believe is a good 3D designer is gonna design his own 3D Ragnarok Online Mobs very soon. Please look further this forum.

Download link is added. We have to be thankfull to @Ai4rei who added an official Weediff plugin to be used with Shin'sdiffpatcher so you can do your own exe with this new feature enabled.

Alternatively you can edit your pre-existing exe aswell. Please follow instructions inside the pack.

I have to tell, that my own tests were for: 2011-03-15a and 2012-04-10a which are the most clients used. Although the tool is compatible with all clients, we are unconcern of every exact date, so, every feedback with your client date is allways welcome.

Have fun!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

Give it some more time everything will be in 3D including the character sprites. We will look back and laugh about how it used to be as we do when we think about the time before trans classes! Great work on the mobs! As for the size to prevent a lot of doubling of your work, why not try to maintain the proportions to what they are currently in 2D? You can't go wrong there. Some are small 2D mobs like a poring and some are large 2D mobs like a detale. Gravity created them that way for a reason. I hope you can add more soon!

Peopleperson49

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  17

Good job Orlox ! Thank you for this release and for all the time you spent into this project.

I can't wait to add my own 3D mobs to Ragnarok. My only problem is that I use Maya and the only gr2 exporter I found is v2.7, which is not compatible with Ricky92's converter (v2.6). Do you know if he could add v2.7 compatibility to his converter ? That would be great !

nearly Impossible :D!

I doubt it. It took him a while to make it for the 2.6 version, It would be a matter of asking him, but, he is a really busy man...  importing from maya in max and then exporting as gr2 is not a viable option? 

@Peopleperson thanks!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  17

It may be possible to export from maya to max yeah. I'll need to learn Max, that will be fun !

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  115

lol, I'm using 2010-06-29aRagexeRE

and can't find that hex string

• 11 months later...

• Content Count:  109

I tried using 2013-08-07a with the patch for 3dmobs and it seems that none of the animations with these work and here i thought it was because i was making a mistake with the importing of 3dmodels from file but i'm guessing something changed with the 2013 clients. has anyone had any success with a client newer then 2012?

Would be great if I could get some help or feedback about newer clients cause I was planning on releasing some of my work o-o

screenDRFuryRO002_zps5a69b574.jpg

Edited by TrueNoir

Just use NEMO Patcher with the same diff of enable 3d bones for 2013 clients.

• Content Count:  109

That's exactly what I did the 3dmodels display but they don't work with animations what so ever so i'm not sure if its a error specific with that exact date of client or whether all 2013 clients don't show the animations properly cause even your own ones that you uploaded don't have any animations for stand walk ect