Converters for Aegis > rA exists?

Playtester

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  790

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask if there are converters to convert aegis files into rAthena files. I knew someone had some back on eA, but I'm not sure what happened to them.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1195

No converter currently exists, although we wish it did as we have a lot of AEGIS files at hand; I believe it is/was being worked on by a Core Dev, just not sure who.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133

I have something called Aegis2AthenaConverter made by Tsuyuki. (I think he was head developer of the Freya and Aurora projects?) It's a script file for a program called UltraEdit. Never used it, and I'm not really sure what it's supposed to convert either. Also it's about 5 years old. Let me know if you want it. :lol:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2997

A lot of devs have made private converters, and a very limited number have survived. The ones currently available are very behind on script commands, though.

If anyone is willing and able to create a database converter, please contact me. We have none.

• Upvote 1

The structure didn't change too much from eA to rA, so wouldn't the old converters still work? I mean at least for things that don't contain new script commands like mob_db.

• Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2997

The structure didn't change too much from eA to rA, so wouldn't the old converters still work? I mean at least for things that don't contain new script commands like mob_db.

I don't know of any database converters, though. Do you have one? o:

• Upvote 1

I'll try to get a friend to make one with me then. Apparently they are all lost. =p

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  547

I can also do one^^ I wanted to do one anyway to get to know how to work with these files. ;)

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1195

Why not create an open-source version? It can be stored here (SVN/devel) and be worked on by anyone; especially once/if we move to GIT it would be a lot easier for everyone to work on =]

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  547

I got a PM that there already is an outdated C# programm for the AEGIS script files. I already started coding in Java though and maybe I will rely on the code of the current tool, I will have to have a look into it and ask the owner if he is okay with that or not.

I will add it to the repo later on or maybe when we move to GIT. But as of the current state it is not worth releasing it, because of the code structure and the way it works. I want to get the basic parsing/code splitting done(which I would say is finished to 80-85%) and then change it so that the commands can be parsed from anywhere(especially from the DB files), which is not possible right now.

• Upvote 3

It would be great if you could release a converter. If you need help on how to convert each column, I can help with that. Not everything is trivial. Mode on monster for example needs to consider boss mode and race. And the skills need to consider if an MVP is casting them or not (several level 10 skills will be stronger if an MVP casts them which is reflected in rAthena by giving it a higher skill level). Also the "onspawn" file needs to be considered as those aren't actual skills on Aegis.

Oh and if you convert newer G_ mobs, be careful because they have no delays at all (check G_BANASPATY), I was thinking that maybe summoned slaves do not only take over walking speed of the summoner but also attack delays? At least on official servers they don't attack with unlimited speed...

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  241

I can also do one^^ I wanted to do one anyway to get to know how to work with these files. ;)

Same, I really wanted to do one with Z3R0 but then he vanished and I kinda got lost with other stuff lol.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  427

Same, I really wanted to do one with Z3R0 but then he vanished and I kinda got lost with other stuff lol.

<off>Yay! Mercurial is back! :D</off>

There were multiple script converters posted in the dev area, I don't know where did they go.

Once I started to write an item converter with Muad, however unfortunately my time schedule become extremely busy (university, job and research). But the aegis databases are soo different, it is not straightforward to write a converter, but it would be great to have one.

As far as I remember Mercurial likes to write parsers and converters with his beloved .Net and C#. Let's make him write one :D