• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9

Posted in Hercules forums

http://hercules.ws/b...eral-languages/

"This is the truth, is the open secret that you must recognize."

rAthena was a last hope, can not play with a mere whim of

In English:

They promise to do something better here, but if you did not have eggs for do better rAthena believe that the Did be had here? You think you're good programming and leader then grabs lead all these idiots in here and put order in rAthena not escape as cowards. Learn how to to lead or be more than just garbage and that time will tell them.

En Español:

Prometen hacer algo mejor aqui, pero si no tuvieron los huevos para hacer rAthena mejor ¿acaso creen que los tendran aqui? Te crees muy bueno programando y liderando entonces agarra a todos estos idiotas de aqui y pon orden en rAthena No escapen como cobardes. Aprendan a liderar o serán más que simples basuras y que el tiempo se los hara saber.

em Português

Eles prometem fazer melhor aqui, mas se você não tem coragem de fazer melhor rAthena acreditar Será que temos aqui? Você acha que é uma boa programação e depois agarra levar todos esses idiotas aqui e colocar ordem na rAthena não fugir como covardes. Aprenda a liderar ou ser mais do que apenas o lixo e que o tempo vai dizer.

На русском:

Они обещают сделать лучше, но если у вас не было шаров, чтобы сделать лучше rAthena верят ли здесь? Вы думаете, что вы хорошие программирования, а затем захваты приводят все эти идиоты сюда и навести порядок в rAthena не избежать, как трусы. Научитесь вести или быть больше, чем просто мусор, и что время покажет их.

sa Tagalog:

Nangangako sila upang gawin ang mas mahusay na dito, ngunit kung hindi mo ang mga bola sa gawin mas mahusay rAthena naniniwala ba mayroon dito? Sa tingin mo na ikaw ay magandang programming at pagkatapos ay grabs humantong ang lahat ng mga idiots in dito at ilagay ang order sa rAthena hindi makatakas bilang cowards. Alamin na humantong o higit pa sa basura at oras na sabihin sa kanila.

한국어

그들은 여기를 더 잘하겠다고 약속하지만, 공 더 rAthena을 수행 할 필요가 없습니다 않은 경우 여기 있었나요 믿나요? 당신은 좋은 프로그래밍하고 그랩 여기에있는 모든이 멍청이를 이끌어과 rAthena 겁쟁이로 탈출하지에 주문을 넣어 생각 해요. 단지 쓰레기보다 더 많은을 이끌거나 할 내용과 그 시간을 알려드립니다.

Voi siete quelli che stanno rovinando i progetti...

Edited by AppleGirl

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  318

Fork of a fork... and more forks. Forkception?

Never knew about Hercules until this thread XD. I appreciate what Ind and Jman did for rAthena previously, but I agree with the gist of the thread starter. It's like making a new server when the old server still has hope and promise (that was created pretty recently) - clashes can occur, but the real prize is to overcome them, not start something new and hope that the same mistake won't happen again. You never know since many staff members from rAthena are also working over there even if they are mainly developers. Just noticed, there are already community contributors over there o-o!

Furthermore, rAthena is pretty new... -sigh with the reason of "lack of time" for the people who resigned/switched before- But anyways, doubt that much can be changed about this situation since there's no restriction in doing so. I like the staff members here and those at Hercules, so I'm not hating on anyone - just posting what I think. Best of luck to Hercules and rAthena! Perhaps there can be collaboration and more love between RO-related things.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  764

@AppleGirl:

You don't know nothing about their reasons so stop your stupid comments please.

If you'd know what happens behind the scenes of rA you would not post shit like this.

(Actually you could have noticed it by yourself when looking at the amount of staff members who quit in the last weeks.)

• Upvote 8

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  351

I can only agree with Kenpachi, and I barely know half of it.

@Kenpachi

Ja ja ja ja.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  258

Well i think at that moment dont care about if they are losing the credibility, we dont question the work that all of you are doing and will continue doing for rathena, this is my opinion of the things, i belive is the point of apple but she dont express it in the better way.

Is true that we dont know the things that could be behind the decision that has been taked. But the things that we Know is that the commitment that they have with this comunity that believe in the begining in the project now will be so disappointed, incluiding some of the people who works here on creating a better emu for the people who loves ro, everywhere will be problems and different opinions, how in this post, because all the people have different minds and feels, but is then when we must have the sufficientmaturity to handle the situations, when they just do this, separating the community, we can really thing that they simply can't handle with this, but i think they dont care what we can think about them, right?, the people who like to stay in rAthena, will stay, if they want to leave then they will go, and if the community want to merge the hercules things to rathena, then is for the better of the community, but take good decisions, because that dont only affect you, affects a community of over 1000 people, there are leaving how much? 2, 3, 5? 10?, Here we are staying much more of that, let just dont leave die rAthena.

Good Luck for all that people who are staying here, for my side i will stay here trying to help in what i can n.n and learing much more of ro from the poeple who tech in guides and answer the question of other poeple.

Apple And Kenpachi, answer like that we dont solve nothing, n.n i think.

Saludos~

Edited by Namine210

• Content Count:  133

@Kenpachi

Ja ja ja ja.

Are you the same AppleGirl who founded eAthena? What happened to the Alpha and Beta emu projects? I used to follow the development, but suddenly the forum was gone :(

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  414

Nope this AppleGirl is a guy from Mexico. (I like stalking people.)

And somebody said that this AppleGirl creates better and complete statements than the original AppleGirl.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  318

Yeah, things were going downhill since the bunch of resignations that followed one another. There was something obviously happening behind the scenes... but then again, nobody came out with the truth for the whole community to know - only the select few would completely understand what happened =/. Perhaps if we truly knew what happened, we may change our views, but the thing is, we don't know and judge by what we can know - just the fact that people resigned due to "lack of time, busy life, etc". (I want to know what happened XD, though don't know who's willing to share. Meh, it's in the past now anyways. Better to focus on the present and future.)

Though, the words "idiots" and "garbage" are too much >< in the first post, yeah. Everyone made their own contributions, so it's not nice to be ungrateful for free work/development. I can only hope that rAthena can sustain itself since the community is quite/generally nice, but best of luck with Hercules's development as well!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  67

It's my expectation that both projects can work independently, while contributing some commits towards each other and pursuing their own paths to excellence. It will take some work to build a workflow that allows pushing and pulling changes from one emulator development to another, but once the process is established, much work will be able to be shared across *athena projects.

• Upvote 5

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1315

Yes, there is a fork of a fork and yes, there has been A LOT of things that happened behind the scenes. There is no limitations on who can create a fork and who can't; whatever their reasons may be. But does this really all matter, as long as there is an emulator out there for the community to use? And like Yuki said, it's in the past now. There is no need to waste time in dealing with these things as they've already happened. It is definitely better to focus on the present and the future.

The best that each project can do now is to improve their own project and hope for some collaboration between the two.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  398

Let it be the past, we are in the present and we don't need anymore drama around here. I see it that way, we've lost staff members in the past few weeks but also have won some new members.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  420

So I finally found why is there no progress.

Okay, so whoever or whatever is the cause, please stop b*tchi'n around!

Issues are starting to flood the bug section and there are only a few devs who do their job, but as I see they are starting to get tired.

Please, leave the f*cking politics to the government, we don't need this around here.

I don't know how many devs are here, but it's ridiculous that there are managers/leaders for every section, but only a few dev develops the whole project. Pz stop sitting on your thrones and start coding/developing. In many cases the community gives you the solution for a problem, but there is no response at all. I'm only a nobody, but many friends struggle to keep alive their servers, because players are leaving coz of the major issues that are unsolved for almost a year now. This makes me very angry. We switched to this fork because it seemed this is a rapidly developing one with a bright future. Don't ruin it!

Edited by Antares
  • Upvote 2

Puoi scegliere il giusto cammino.

Addio Athena.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  148

Nessuno dà un cazzo se tu vada, davvero.

• Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  2997

@Antares: We're a group of volunteers. We're not paid, and we're not machines. If you have the time and drive to contribute, you are welcome to do so. Otherwise your post is incredibly disrespectful.

• Upvote 5

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  420

@Antares: We're a group of volunteers. We're not paid, and we're not machines. If you have the time and drive to contribute, you are welcome to do so. Otherwise your post is incredibly disrespectful.

I don't mean to hurt anyone, but this is what I think. I had enough of this scenario, when some ppl can't get along with the others, and because of this the whole community suffers, and progress stops.

You are one of the few devs who made many commits and improved the project by much, but there are around ~10 devs from whom I didn't see any work personally. Maybe they have important roles, and yes, you are not robots, nor paid, but if they don't do anything, why did they accept the "job"? I don't volunteer, because I don't have the time. It's easy as this. Don't volunteer for something you can't do because of any reasons. Also being a volunteer does not mean that you don't have responsibilities. I volunteered for maintaining a free server, with high availability, minimal bugs, and interesting features. That's why I'm sending my bug reports, try to investigate, and push the devs to fix them

^ ^

And I still think that politics, and arguing has no place here. This is still a job that has to be done if someone volunteers. The only thing that shows a project's success is progress. That's what I was missing in the last few months. Many great things were accomplished, but only by few, and compared to the 2012 Q1-2 statistics, the commits were far behind.

Edited by Antares

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  790

I never really understood how there could be so much political trouble in emulator projects. You don't even need to do many coding decisions as you already have a clear definition on how it should be (= like official servers).

That devs are lazy, well that's a different story, an open source project always depends on how many people are willing to work for it. You can't really blame devs for doing nothing. Want more work done? Then join the project instead of doing the fixes just for your own server.

• Upvote 5

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  112

Who the hell cares what the project is? I'm loyal to the code, not the name.

Also posting to add legend to the thread.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  22

I'm rather new here (rAthena). What happened? Could someone explain this to me? Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  974

well i've heard the full details of the reason behind of their issues, well my comment on that is, "WHAT A LAME REASON IS THAT?"

And that's my personal comment, but the truth is it can't be helped, let us help each other to make this community or emulator stay as it is. Don't make some fuss and say that you should be like this or that. Let them be. If they don't want here, then go, just make sure that this emulator or community will stay or improve more.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  764

I don't think anyone would tell you the whole story, because that's nothing which concerns you.

WHAT A LAME REASON IS THAT?

That speaks volumes...

@Mods: Would you be so kind and close this stupid topic? Noone benefits from comments like this.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  974

well if you don't believe me then i won't force you to

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1315

They're free to do what they did for whatever reasons.

Can we just please move on from this?

• Upvote 6