[Tool] RSM Converter 1.4

xarple

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

Downloaded, but after checking I can see the same speeds as before :D maybe a wrong file? --- > http://www.mediafire.com/?uekkirmwahb1geb

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24

That's correct, but the animation speed combobox is editable now, you can input any numbers :)

Amazing Thank you a lot. Today I did some tests with the rsm to fbx convertion.

I got an error message "Wrong occurs!" at the time I try to convert any rsm model besides the rachel fountain you are using: (ºÐ¼ö.rsm)

For example. This is the rachel fountain that gets converted okay ---> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52175822/ºÐ¼ö.rsm  . Okay Now a prontera flag which gets the error message at the time of converting ---> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52175822/ÈÖÀå°¡·Îµî.rsm

I tested allmost all prontera models (data/model/ÇÁ·ÐÅ׶ó) and it is the same for all. I'm not sure, maybe it is only working with animated or multi mesh models as the fountain?

Besides of this I didn't find any other bug or something that needs to be fixed with the tool. So having this option fixed would be quite enough to have this tool functional :)

Some ideas I would be glad to share with you, in case you are open to know about ideas to develop this tool as the excelent choice to use by rsm convertion :D :

• Directory paths: I was thinking about affording the tool to generate custom directory paths besides using always "data/texture" in the output rsm textures? How about a, "choose directory output for generated textures" option?. Having the option of using a different default pathway than "data/texture" would be really appreciated, since all the time we do a map, we allways try to keep different directories for each map created.

• Probably Support for not equaly dimentional textures? This is something I have not tested yet, but I remember you said that the tool needs that the texture is setted by square pair dimentional sizes as: 256x256, 512x512, 256x512 etc. What I'm wondering is if we can use a texture like: 125x250? Actually browedit rsm editor is very handy by affording this kind of textures with no glitches, as long as the UV Coordinates are located to a single planar map. Edit: in game shows okay aswell (not stretched), maybe I should try this kind of texture dimentions with your tool anyways too?

Those were just things I consider would be useful to have. However, they are not really "necessary" to have a functional tool, so really you can just pass by in case it is something complex, or you are very busy to afford time to them. However, after making maps for a long time, I believe they would be good additions to your awesome tool :P

Fixed, thanks for your report :)

This problem caused by I forgot to transform texture name to lower case before extra files from Grf, because all filenames in Grf are store in lower case.

Directory paths: I was thinking about affording the tool to generate custom directory paths besides using always "data/texture" in the output rsm textures? How about a, "choose directory output for generated textures" option?. Having the option of using a different default pathway than "data/texture" would be really appreciated, since all the time we do a map, we allways try to keep different directories for each map created.

It's not possible because it was the official client fixed. For example: a texture name actually from 'data\texture\abc\def.bmp', then Rsm would only store 'abc\def.bmp'.

Probably Support for not equaly dimentional textures? This is something I have not tested yet, but I remember you said that the tool needs that the texture is setted by square pair dimentional sizes as: 256x256, 512x512, 256x512 etc. What I'm wondering is if we can use a texture like: 125x250? Actually browedit rsm editor is very handy by affording this kind of textures with no glitches, as long as the UV Coordinates are located to a single planar map. Edit: in game shows okay aswell (not stretched), maybe I should try this kind of texture dimentions with your tool anyways too?

I just have tried this case, and it was worked fine :) I made ​​a mistake before :P

The dimension of this texture is 300x400.

s0_zpsf1762a0c.jpg

• Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  355

What FBX editor should use if i only have 2GB Ram and Double Core Processor? .. 

@Ryu
Since FBX is owned by Autodesk, you can use 3ds Max or either Maya and you can find the proper exporters/importers for FBX aswell in the official site, they should work very alike. He suggest to use any ver from 2013.

@Xarple
Tested, now rsm to fbx is working as a charm. Although there it is necessary (in my case) to rotate it at 180 "X" degrees when importing the fbx, all is fine.

I'm still wondering about:

To use RSM to FBX conversion, you have to set resource sources so the tool can find and copy textures

I allready added the set resources in your tool, and the textures are extracted from the grf and placed where the fbx is generated (preserving the directory name), that is working.

What I can't figure it out is, at the time I import the fbx in 3ds max, the textures are not added as materials. However, the statistics of the model at the time of importing is showing the amount of textures, but no textures are added to the materials of the scene.

Maybe it is a newbie question, but I have to confess that I have not dealed specifically with FBX as other formats I'm more get used to work.

Hi, those material has been assigned texture names? Those texture filename doesn't exist? What is the render result?

This is the test I'm trying (fbx converted, original rsm and textures generated from your tool) -- > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52175822/prt_flag_test.rar

At the time I import, it shows the amount of materials okay (marked in red)

rsmload1.png

But when the model is imported, no material is asigned to the material lists

rsmload2.png

After updating now is working with the materials asigned automatically. I don't have anymore questions, gonna add the tutorial tomorrow/past tomorrow.

Thank you a lot :D

That's cool! I feel so honored. :D

I'm the one who has to be thankful. You really dedicated time to even do 3 revisions of this awesome tool.

To everyone: I added a guide yesterday about how to make your own animated 3d models. Here is the link ---> http://rathena.org/board/topic/76992-guide-olrox-advance-map-tutorials/  .., If you have any questions or inquiries, I will be glad to assist you there.

@xarple

Thank you a lot truly. May I ask if you are going to update the file in rAthena downloads aswell?

Sorry by the double post:

I noticed that, when you export a RSM to FBX, and you Import it back from RBX to RSM, textures are not generated by the tool, when the resources textures are inside a subdirectory?.

-  If the texture is a bmp extension and inside a subdirectory as:  "data/texture/³»ºÎ¼ÒÇ°/" , the tool doesn't generates it, therefore it adds the black texture to the rsm. but if the resource texture is in  "data/texture" it generates it.

Please test it by yourself by converting the following RSM into FBX, then, convert them from FBX to RSM.

Test 1 ---> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52175822/clock.rsm

Test 2 ---> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52175822/piano.rsm

Test 1 doesn't generates the textures, although test 2 it does. Both are RO default models. I hope you will have some time to take a look ^^

Edit: Do you have an idea or some tips about why sometimes the animation with models in game stops when the camera is at a zoom out/in or sometimes by rotating the camera aswell? 

• 4 months later...

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  226

im having runtime microsoft visual c++ error when pressing go.

I'm.......

Fixed in the latest version :P

im having runtime microsoft visual c++ error when pressing go.

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package :)

Hi, wb, and thanks for the update.

Although almost everyone reported that any 2012 hex crashes with animated rsm. Other clients older than that works fine.

Hi, wb, and thanks for the update.

Although almost everyone reported that any 2012 hex crashes with animated rsm. Other clients older than that works fine.

Do you also have the same effect?

Yes I do. Can you test it on your side?

Yes I do. Can you test it on your side?

After some research, that is because the wrong RSM file format (version 1.5, earler is correct), Gravity seems modified the version 1.5 of RSM file format, so the older formatted RSM would cause the client crashes.

I can make the tools outputs the older version of RSM file version (1.4), but we will lose position animation, only rotation animation is valid, and then BrowEdit will also accept the output RSM files.

I can't found any official new version RSM in kRO 20130701, so sad :(

• 3 weeks later...

Thats sad.

But I think it would be better to have that output available  (1.4 ) even by loosing position animation, to have an alternativity.

Almost everyone uses 2012 these days!

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  35

xarple FIX support ALL version EXE ?? please... /sob

exe 2011/11/22 animate model show result wrong how fix it ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZDsXBJkQaA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwPsYWP4NB4

xarple it hard ? next version 1.5 support all version exe

different official gravity model rsm and model rsm convert ?

sorry english..

• 1 month later...

Edit: Do you have an idea or some tips about why sometimes the animation with models in game stops when the camera is at a zoom out/in or sometimes by rotating the camera aswell?

I figured how to fix this one. Maps with water at -100 show the animation of custom RSM just right without stop because of camera moves.

Btw, I'll try to contact xarple. Guess I had to ask his skype before *headdesk*.

Water height at -100 have problem black screen area when move angle camera ? (in game)

post-4644-0-37540200-1384788184_thumb.jpg

You have to resave with browedit rev 558

i try contact xarple via email he tell me Try to use earlier version of client the answer from xarple it's not good for me =_=a XD

Tool RSM 1.4 it's very good with function Shading/Animate FPS/Animation Speed/Two side/UV mapping/Alpha channel(.TGA) but something about method structure convert model not true all

next time fix it

- when import 3d model animate into BrowEdit it not crash (The BrowEdit reading true structure method 3d model animate)

- support new client RagexeRE 2011 and higher

if can fix it the project tool rsm completed 100%

i'm screenshot hex code structure difference model official from gravity and model convert from Tool RSM 1.4

example model name : data\model\나무잡초꽃\나무잡초꽃\나무02.rsm

post-4644-0-11859600-1384818721_thumb.jpg

나무02.rar

Edited by boylive