[Tool] RSM Converter 1.4

xarple

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24

Hi there!

This is a converter that allow users convert their fbx files to rsm format with a better conversion :P

You can get this result easily:
tut_zpsdc91d1ce.gif

Screenshot:
20130725203319_zps15cc8a87.png

Notice:
* The converter DOESNT convert scaling animations since rsm doesn't includes these informations.
* The converter would ONLY convert the first node of the scene, you have to set the parent-child relationship.
* The texture wrap mode of official client is clamping, this means that UV will be valid only between 0.0 - 1.0.
* The converter WONT handle skeleton animation, it only handle node animation.
* Use 2013.3 version of fbx file is recommended.
* 'Smooth Shading' is smooth group shading, the converter can also convert smooth groups.
* The converter would automatically convert all opaque textures to BMP, and convert all transparent textures to TGA.
* Make sure the dimension of your textures is power of two (256x256, 512x512, 256x512, ...), otherwise the client will resize them without scaling.

History:

1.4:

* Fixed texture name codepage problem.

1.3:

* Fxed texture name case problem.

1.2:

* Animation speed more customizable.

1.1:

* Fixed animation length problem.

* Added animation speed setting.

1.0:
* Fixed UV flipping problem.
* Fixed texture name locale problem.
* Added Rsm to Fbx conversion method.

beta 1:
* Initial release.

Download:
RsmConverter 1.4: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ba1xsxgpvkh44wc/RsmConverter20130724.zip

Enjoy!

Edited by xarple
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

• Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

!!!!!!!!!!

XARPLE thanks!!! thanks for this tool :P I knew you were busy to continue developing it and thanks for replying back the email I sent to you about this!

GUYS NOW we can do animated RSM Models with this!!! This man is amazing!!!

Before I did a video about your GND/RSW to FBX tool. I will do a video about this new tool too, so people will know how to use it!

Edit: Xarple can you upload the FBX original file you converted and the rsm result, for a reference to us?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  68

!!!!!!!!!!

XARPLE thanks!!! thanks for this tool!!!! I knew you were busy to continue developing it and thanks for replying back the email I sent to you about this!

Before I did a video about your GND/RSW to FBX tool. I will do a video about this new tool too, so people will know how to use it!

Wooho!

I had never seen Olrox so excited xD

That's it's cool, i will start testing it out, because that sounds interesting.

I wonder if he can upload the original FBX file and the RSM result?

That will be a good addition, enough to us for do some tests.

!!!!!!!!!!

XARPLE thanks!!! thanks for this tool :P I knew you were busy to continue developing it and thanks for replying back the email I sent to you about this!

Edit: Xarple can you upload the FBX original file you converted and the rsm result, for a reference to us?

Sure :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?a523secbjl4j4xz

There are no texture inside, but this is not a issue, the converter would replace all invalid texture to 'black.bmp'.

Notice that this convert won't handle skeleton animation, this is the reason why I need to write a rsm to fbx method, in this case we can convert rsm to fbx with this tool, and convert it back to rsm without any different :P

You really optimized it! even by adding a black texture if a texture is not present... simple wonderfull.

We completely understand the limit about skeleton, since, that is not present in the animation of the RSM models too. Don't worry about that. I believe skeleton is only possible in GR2 animation, we have a project about that here--- http://rathena.org/board/topic/68884-3d-custom-monster-in-ragnarok/page__st__100#entry174270

Again thank you man. As the previous tool I will do all I can to add a guide about using this new one.

Awesome GR2 model project :D

@xarple

I did a quick test, (a parent cone with a child box) rotating. But trying to open this rsm model it makes browedit crash.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Here I attach the max scene --> https://dl.dropbox.c...t_animation.max

Edit #1:

Seems it is about the parenting, cause when I disabled the parenting of the child object, it is no longer crashing. (but it imports only the first one in a scene of 2 objects for ex)

Edit #2:

This is happening to me also when I try to import your fbx example to rsm, without touching anything on it?

Edit #3

I just found what you said, the converter only exports the first node of the scene (the one without any parenting). But every time I try to do a basic parenting, the rsm is crashing in browedit. am I doing something wrong? perhaps I dont have to add any kind of parenting?

Edit #4

Will test with max 2013 and FBX 2003.3, Actually I use 2012.

I have no computer now :) I will test it. You can try to use client to test it directly :)

Okay... you were right.

Testing in game works perfectly!. The root, parent and the child of the model is showing.That is awesome.

So I think for now what we have to do is use a -none hierarchy- rsm model with browedit, and replace it with a parent child one when we test in game.

Not a problem to me. But perhaps you want to test a fix to it (I know, it is not your fault, It has to do with browedit only). Because browedit is crashing everytime I use a parent/child FBX to RSM Model.

Btw, I noticed the converter generates the bmp textures. That is really good. However, may I ask what texture path allocates the rsm to read for (data/texture/ where ???)

Yeah, just copy all generated textures to data/texture/

Nice, the tool is awesome. Even as beta state.

I'm doing more tests with this amazing tool. However I have encountered with some issues. Sometimes inside game the generated rsm models gets a rotation of 180 at the X axis. Also, it gets kinda an uniformly covered shadow on all its surface (perhaps I should try disabling the shadow tool in your exporter).

Also Seems the bitmaps are generated as 32 bits. You are using 32 bits texturized model inside RO and all is fine? in browedit, only bitmaps of 24 bits are allowed.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  355

pr O.O pretty amazing! +1

Edited by Ryu

Look at how browedit would crashed that way, I simply don't know why :P I would contact to brof request a debug.

Models sometimes will rotation of 180 at the X axis mostly because the incorrect up-vector axis setting when exporting fbx.

That 'shadow' is shading :) Almost all model has this effect, unless you choose 'No shading'.

The bitmap type of generated textures is depend on the origin format. And browedit also support 32 bits textures :) Here is a simply picture to explain how it works:

tut_zpsd7cc003d.png

I have tested browedit with 32 bit deph bmp textures yesterday, and they wont load. However 32 bit tga textures have allways worked for me. Perhaps it is only me? =P. About your tip regarding my model getting "rotated at the x axis" makes sense. Thanks a lot, imma try harder with what you suggest.

Your rsm tool is, amazing. It even flips the textures automatically :P very handy. That gradient example... wow. it truly saves a lot of time.

Regarding browedit crashing with the parent/child models, I completely understand you. Perhaps this would be great to have it fixed in browedit 2.0, anyway, as I said before, what I'm doing (provitionally) is, using a none-parent/child model for browedit and managing it from there... and test ingame with the real one. Somewhat it works.

Sorry for the heavy amount of inquiries and points I'm doing. But since I'm willing to do a tutorial, I have to consider all things to point out in it. I will continue testing and adding more feedback about the tool.

Ahh! I forgot to fix the UV flipped problem :P

Flip all textures just a temporary fixes, I didn't know the UV origin of 3dsMax/Maya were left-bottom corner at that time.

I will fix this and released together with new features (rsm ---> fbx) :)

Edited by xarple

Hey, today I have completed the update of this tool ;)

Now that is possible to convert any rsm model to fbx, and convert it back without any differences. The tool make the conversion as much as possible to keep original infos (parent-child relationships, transforms, animations, smooth groups, texture names). So we can easily modify details of official models, like below.

3ms_zps0afe4f5b.png

BTW, browedit still will crash that way. I have emailed borf, hopes he notice my mail and can be interested to debug it :)

Edited by xarple
  • Upvote 1

Xarple, thank you a lot. I'm testing now. Sorry for the late reply (busy actually) but I'm aiming to test the new improved tool today.

Thank you for adding the great support from rsm to fbx and the uv maps issue. I will continue testing this day and leave my feedback about whatever I find. We will appreciate if you can check this thread in time for whatever we find,

Sorry in advance for the further double posting I will do btw.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I did some time to test the tool.

All goes fine.

The only thing I'm wondering about some animations I have tested, is, that, appareantly the "last" time frames of the animation is somewhat skipped at the time I test the rsm ingame.

How to explain? very hard without a video but, suppose you have a circunference. And, you make it rotate at 360 in max in a 100 time frame. When I test the animation in max it shows fine and the animation loops correctly. However, testing in game, it seems like it skips the last 10 frames in consequence the circunference rotation doesnt loops smoothly.

Hmm perhaps it was the kind of animation I was doing (multi rotations at different axis) so for now I will test a more simple animation. Altough any idea of yours is allways appreciated, perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks again for the tool. I'm almost done to to the guide of this.

Edit: seems you changed the bit deph aswell :D thanks..

Edit2: Tested RSM to FBX, mesh data loads well, however I'm not sure but the material IDs were not assigned automatically for me?, I just tested quick (minutes) so I think I will take more time to this.

Okay I did some time to test the tool.

All goes fine.

The only thing I'm wondering about some animations I have tested, is, that, appareantly the "last" time frames of the animation is somewhat skipped at the time I test the rsm ingame.

How to explain? very hard without a video but, suppose you have a circunference. And, you make it rotate at 360 in max in a 100 time frame. When I test the animation in max it shows fine and the animation loops correctly. However, testing in game, it seems like it skips the last 10 frames in consequence the circunference rotation doesnt loops smoothly.

Hmm perhaps it was the kind of animation I was doing (multi rotations at different axis) so for now I will test a more simple animation. Altough any idea of yours is allways appreciated, perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks again for the tool. I'm almost done to to the guide of this.

Edit: seems you changed the bit deph aswell :D thanks..

Edit2: Tested RSM to FBX, mesh data loads well, however I'm not sure but the material IDs were not assigned automatically for me?, I just tested quick (minutes) so I think I will take more time to this.

Sorry for the late reply  ;)

Yes, that because RSM has a concept like 'Actual Animation Length', it determine the time length of whole model, and the client will only follow this time as the animation length of all mesh node. This tool will use the shortest mesh node animation length as the model animation length.

Can you upload your fbx and converted rsm that I can test it? I have make a simply model like you said, rotate at 360 in a 100 time frame, and it loops smoothly. Here is the fbx and converted rsm I have made: http://www.mediafire.com/?s8chdvpdnoa9rxq

To use RSM to FBX conversion, you have to set resource sources so the tool can find and copy textures :)

Hi, thanks for the reply.

DL --- > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52175822/test.rar

Take a look at the "tube002" . When it reachs the animation frame #100 it matches all the material color and returns to its original position. Now testing in game it skips some lastest frames and just dissappear and appears to the default position.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

DL --- > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52175822/test.rar

Take a look at the "tube002" . When it reachs the animation frame #100 it matches all the material color and returns to its original position. Now testing in game it skips some lastest frames and just dissappear and appears to the default position.

This problem has been fixed in the newest version. Good catch, thanks again :)
  • Upvote 1

It is me who has to be thankfull to you :P. Tested several times, works pretty well now :D

I noticed that you added Animation Speed aswell. Although the values are good enough, may I ask how possible it could be to add more -reduced speeds? Actually the tool has:

5 modifiers to increase animation speed (x1.5, x2.0, x3.0, x5.0, x10.0) 

2 only to decrease animation speed (x0.5, x0.1) <-- Maybe adding: x0.75, x0.25, x0.05?

Just wondering, since for now I have been more like -reducing speed- rather than increasing it at the time I did all the animation test, so, having that option would be very handy. I hope it is not too much work; in case it is, please dont pay attention to this.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  251

i dont get it and dunno how to use it, but im download it :P

Updated.

Thanks for your suggestions :)