No Texture GRF help

sambao

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4

I have a grf file which is outdated already. It doesnt support the New world town maps and nyddhogur map. it just shows your character, monsters and just this black map. i tried editing them with brow edit so that it will be similar to the other maps. but it seems unfortunate for me that i lack the skills in that program, i discovered the program hours ago. ive been trying to learn it. any tips? or help will be gladly accepted. ill attach some screenies. thanks a bunch

screeny 1 http://tinypic.com/r/2rmv794/6

screeny 2 http://tinypic.com/r/ml6v89/6

(i want the nyddhogr map and the new world towns to be exactly like those)

Edited by sambao

9 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  68

Why don't you just get a new kRO client? or update your kRO client?

That will be more easier

• Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

Hmm that is not a Kro Client related issue. It is not necessary to download it all again.

You are client is reading what people call it a "simple.grf" commonly used by players, and certainly what it does is changing the map models/textures as the one you refer. (increases the game perfomance)

So, open your DATA.ini and look for an extra grf file besides "data.grf", "rdata.grf" and your custom server grf and remove it.

Edit: Okay seems that it is not a problem you are having. You are using it by your own and you want more maps to it. I just read the small letters, so, please upload this grf to take a look and perhaps I can try to follow its structure and make the same to the maps you ask.

Thank you guys for the fast reply.

Hmm that is not a Kro Client related issue. It is not necessary to download it all again.

You are client is reading what people call it a "simple.grf" commonly used by players, and certainly what it does is changing the map models/textures as the one you refer. (increases the game perfomance)

So, open your DATA.ini and look for an extra grf file besides "data.ini", "rdata.ini" and your custom server grf and remove it.

Edit: Okay seems that it is not a problem you are having. You are using it by your own and you want more maps to it. I just read the small letters, so, please upload this grf to take a look and perhaps I can try to follow its structure and make the same to the maps you ask.

@olrox, yeah its a grf ive edited but it seems that other maps(NEW WORLD TOWN MAPS and Nyddhogur Dungeon map) arent the same because its outdated. theyre just black maps. yeah. i would love to upload them for you so you could check it out. Ill message you the link to the grf

• Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  1335

The DL of this GRF is here --- http://www.mediafire...6f6qnollrg6inso

Let me explain what I have found.

This GRF is named as "primitive maps and mobs" pack. Made by "sinny" and it was released the first time in RMS, here ---> http://forum.ratemys...-maps-and-mobs/

Basically this pack is about 2 things: Removing Models and Removing Textures of the RO maps it has in. Apparently, the maps are just using some cells position of the only one bitmap texture in the pack. Making this "manually" for all the maps at the same time it is impossible.

I think he developed an application that reads the gat surface of the maps and perhaps it constructs a grid on the bitmaps and assigns a cell to recall in a x,y position in case it is no walkable/walkable/target/no-target/etc. There is some discussion in the past about this here --- http://rathena.org/b...-map-converter/

So how to adapt this to new maps? well, this is beyond my knoweledge, because it is more about programming skills that a design itself. However... it is possible to do it manually, but it will take a life to have only 1 map. Weemapcache has a preview tool which does kinda almost the same (makes an image made by gat cells) so, what I was thinking (perhaps kinda rustic) was to add a big texture on the map surface made of this.

It will be hard to make it accurate though.

lol. i didnt know that. kinda awesome though how people put that kind of effort on maps. i thought brow edit was enough. so olrox youre saying that it is near impossible to make except if i have that program sinny made?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3

This tool can make no texture maps. Password: tu-ru_035

Edited by Olrox
That tool can also create no motion delay cheat sprites, link removed.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1245

Thank you hsdevil, I found the source for this tool  and it is a free release. However, its all in Japanese. Is it possible if you can provide an image based tutorial to create these sort of maps.

Edited by Olrox
edited link cause the program can be used for cheaters

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3

Posted · Hidden by Olrox, November 3, 2013 - this tool is used to create motion delay cheat sprites
Hidden by Olrox, November 3, 2013 - this tool is used to create motion delay cheat sprites

kozwJGf.jpg

KTNnL5y.jpg

JjOvnvy.jpg

8MLnpIs.jpg

qr2dRga.jpg

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1245

Fantastic. Thank you so much man =)