GRF: GRF Editor

Tokei

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657

hello sir, thanks for the reply. currently i have disable my windows 8.1 UAC. but I tried to drag from desktop to grf still not working. I have do all step you mention, but its still not working.

please help me, before this. i think your old grf editor (forgot the version, i thought 6 month ago its work)

Please help me. because i love your GRF editor. easy and user friendly.

Hmm, if you did everything up there, then I really don't have any easy solutions for you. This doesn't seem to be a problem related to GRF Editor anymore; UAC is the only conflict the software has and since the last version it shouldn't even be a problem =/.

I've googled a bit and here goes :

Try this: Click on any file with the left mouse button and keep the button held down. Now press the Escape key. This has been known to renable the Windows drag-and-drop function.

And... 

Drag & Drop issue might occurs if you are running applications with elevated privileges, since Windows, for some security reasons, prevents lover privilege applications to interact with the ones with higher privileges

You can fix this by disabling the UAC completely. In registry editor, find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Policies > System, open the Key EnableLUA and change the Value data from 1 to 0

Just be careful with this if you are using Metro applications, as this tweak might break these

As always with UAC, you will have to reboot for the privileges to fully apply. The last quote seems to have fixed the issues in most cases.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1302

Drag & Drop issue might occurs if you are running applications with elevated privileges, since Windows, for some security reasons, prevents lover privilege applications to interact with the ones with higher privileges

You can fix this by disabling the UAC completely. In registry editor, find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Policies > System, open the Key EnableLUA and change the Value data from 1 to 0

Just be careful with this if you are using Metro applications, as this tweak might break these

@tokei. thanks a lot bro. this quote help me !

thank again. 

more power to u.

+1

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  61

I extracted data.grf, but images was corrupted.

What should i do ?

Untitled_zpsfaaaae36.jpg

I extracted data.grf, but images was corrupted.

What should i do ?

The latest build wasn't packed properly, simply redownload GRF Editor (1.6.5.9+) and it should be extracting as expected.

Edited by Tokei
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  16

The encrypted Client  can't read Emblems using Latest Version 1.6.5.3.

30hu1hi.png

Edited by pr0veitwr0ng

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  25

Placing a GRF inside of an RGZ causes odd behavior.

30hu1hi.png

Fixed in 1.6.6 (at least from my tests, if the error still eccurs for you, send me your client with the DLL generated). The new DLL will also no longer disable itself if it meets "unexpected conditions".

Fixed the conversion and saving issues with the RGZ file format in 1.6.6. GRF Editor didn't allow GRFs to be added to a RGZ file (or any other format actually); its defaut behavior is to open the file instead. This was made on purpose because you shouldn't be packing a GRF inside a RGZ file; it's a double compression and it should be avoided. That being said, I've removed the restriction and you can do it now.

If you're planning to make a Thor patch, I would recommend the following method instead (you will need the version 1.6.6) : 

• Open your GRF with GRF Editor
  • Go in File > Save as... > Rename it with the .thor extension.
  • Click on the root node (or any other node), and select the "Container options" tab (on the right panel).
  • Use "Merge into GRF" for the patching mode and type in the output GRF name.
  • Save your Thor patch.

Once you patch the file with Thor Patcher, it will either create or merge the GRF for you. Hope this helps!

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  16

30hu1hi.png

Fixed in 1.6.6 (at least from my tests, if the error still eccurs for you, send me your client with the DLL generated). The new DLL will also no longer disable itself if it meets "unexpected conditions".

Fixed the conversion and saving issues with the RGZ file format in 1.6.6. GRF Editor didn't allow GRFs to be added to a RGZ file (or any other format actually); its defaut behavior is to open the file instead. This was made on purpose because you shouldn't be packing a GRF inside a RGZ file; it's a double compression and it should be avoided. That being said, I've removed the restriction and you can do it now.

If you're planning to make a Thor patch, I would recommend the following method instead (you will need the version 1.6.6) : 

• Click on the root node (or any other node), and select the "Container options" tab (on the right panel).
  • Save your Thor patch.

Once you patch the file with Thor Patcher, it will either create or merge the GRF for you. Hope this helps!

It works like a diamond. :) Thank you sir keep it up and more powers !

abc_zps1a716c37.jpg

It's normal.

I'm use 1.6.5 to Compress and i down 1.6.6 to Decompress and i got this warning

It's normal.

I'm use 1.6.5 to Compress and i down 1.6.6 to Decompress and i got this warning

The compressed GRF is fine, it's the decompression in 1.6.6 that has issues. Please update to 1.6.7 and you'll be fine ;) .

• Save your Thor patch.

I use RSU. I will test this next time I need to (I used a different tool), however, what you said was not what my problem was. Although it did let me add the GRF and save it as an RGZ, it would not extract correctly, the patcher would hang after extracting it. Here's what I was told:

[04:35] <Ai4rei> Ancyker: what did you make that RGZ file with? the RGZ file contains following sequence: FILE "palette.dll", DIRECTORY "", END; what fails (of course) is the creation of the "" directory - not RSU's fault.

Edited by Ancyker

I use RSU. I will test this next time I need to (I used a different tool), however, what you said was not what my problem was. Although it did let me add the GRF and save it as an RGZ, it would not extract correctly, the patcher would hang after extracting it. Here's what I was told:

[04:35] <Ai4rei> Ancyker: what did you make that RGZ file with? the RGZ file contains following sequence: FILE "palette.dll", DIRECTORY "", END; what fails (of course) is the creation of the "" directory - not RSU's fault.

I've finally been able to reproduce your issue (thank you for Ai4rei's comment, it made this quicker). You added a file to the very first node of the project and this is not supposed to be allowed. I'll make this clearer in the next release, but meanwhile, you should be adding files to the "root" node for RGZ and Thor files. The root node represents your RO directory where files will be copied.

SpMJimG.png

On a side note, saving your RGZ file again will fix your previous issues.

I've finally been able to reproduce your issue (thank you for Ai4rei's comment, it made this quicker). You added a file to the very first node of the project and this is not supposed to be allowed. I'll make this clearer in the next release, but meanwhile, you should be adding files to the "root" node for RGZ and Thor files. The root node represents your RO directory where files will be copied.

SpMJimG.png

On a side note, saving your RGZ file again will fix your previous issues.

I did that, but it always ignored where I clicked and did whatever it wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

I got warning when i generate cps.dll: File not found Utilities.Services.EncodingServices.ANSI

And i cant Encrypt GRF...

My client cant read .lub files, got error Unxpected Symbol

What is : "The client excutable is invalid. Encrypt feature will be disabled. Error code: 0x02"

Edited by Phantasm

I got warning when i generate cps.dll: File not found Utilities.Services.EncodingServices.ANSI

And i cant Encrypt GRF...

My client cant read .lub files, got error Unxpected Symbol

What is : "The client excutable is invalid. Encrypt feature will be disabled. Error code: 0x02"

Redownload GRF Editor from the mediafire link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/aflylbhblrzpz0h (1.6.7.4). You'll be able to generate your cps.dll file and your GRF files.

As for the error you get on the client, this will happen if you renamed the executable name (this is not allowed).

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  68

This tools encryption process was very great, this protect vital data such as Luafiles, clientinfo or even sprite and map resources. However, i notice that  this does NOT prevent players from adding/merging their own modified sprites, and stuffs like FLAT MAPS to the package.  Is there a way that client will only read encrypted file inside grf but not the user added unencrypted changes? example:

Enable Multiple GRF's - Embedded

0=yourRO.grf  <- client will only read OR accept only patches matching your encryption keys.

1=data.grf

2=sdata.grf

Most ragnarok players now, uses flat maps and edited sprite by merging their grf to your server grf. :)

This tools encryption process was very great, this protect vital data such as Luafiles, clientinfo or even sprite and map resources. However, i notice that  this does NOT prevent players from adding/merging their own modified sprites, and stuffs like FLAT MAPS to the package.  Is there a way that client will only read encrypted file inside grf but not the user added unencrypted changes? example:

Enable Multiple GRF's - Embedded

0=yourRO.grf  <- client will only read OR accept only patches matching your encryption keys.

1=data.grf

2=sdata.grf

Most ragnarok players now, uses flat maps and edited sprite by merging their grf to your server grf. :)

What you're looking for would require modifying the client and adding a protection with third party softwares (such as Harmony, Hackshield, etc). The encryption feature can only protect your data (from being stolen/read).

You can prevent players from modifying a GRF, that is actually possible (but this method is not currently available in GRF Editor). If you encrypt the GRF's file table, the players won't be able to see anything within the GRF and it will crash almost any application trying to read/edit it. The big issue with this is that you won't be able to patch that GRF. Also, this doesn't prevent players from putting their GRFs before yours in the priority list (or in your data folder) unless this list is protected.

The encrypted GRFs do not actually contain any information regarding the key used either. So knowing wheter or not a patch match an encryption key would not be possible.

It is actually more trouble for you than what you'd gain in the long run. Plus someone would probably find a way to bypass it one way or another.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  28

Tokei,

First of all, thank you SO MUCH for adding the encryption tool! It'll save a lot of time!

Secondly, I've got some problems with that, as shown below:

1. Whenever I try to "Generate file(s)", this error shows up: ("An unhandled exception has been thrown: Field not found: 'Utilities.Services.EncodingService.ANSI'.")

s242ed.png

2. This error has showed up once, after I finished up an encryption process: ("An unhandled exception has been thrown: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.")

2ymxerr.png

By the way, I'm using Windows 8, and I've tried to run as admin as well as a regular user.

I hope there's a solution for this issue. Nonetheless, great tool, as I've mentioned!

Thanks in advance.

I hope there's a solution for this issue. Nonetheless, great tool, as I've mentioned!

Thanks in advance.

Heya,

The rAthena link is simply a bit outdated, that issue has already been fixed. Use the mediafire link instead ( http://www.mediafire.com/download/aflylbhblrzpz0h ). I'll reupload on rAthena tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  28

Thanks in advance.

Heya,

The rAthena link is simply a bit outdated, that issue has already been fixed. Use the mediafire link instead ( http://www.mediafire.com/download/aflylbhblrzpz0h ). I'll reupload on rAthena tomorrow.

You're the BEST! Thank you very much, Tokei!

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  4

When I run this program with wine, the window just flickers, could this be fixed?

When I run this program with wine, the window just flickers, could this be fixed?

As far as I know, .net programs usually don't work that well with Wine. Especially not WPF applications, which aren't compatible with Mono to begin with and which rely heavily on DirectX. There isn't much I can do on my end unless I rewrote the entire program, which... would take way too much time and effort!

• Topic Count:  4

As far as I know, .net programs usually don't work that well with Wine. Especially not WPF applications, which aren't compatible with Mono to begin with and which rely heavily on DirectX. There isn't much I can do on my end unless I rewrote the entire program, which... would take way too much time and effort!

All right, thanks for the answer.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

I am in need of some assistance. It is only partially related to this editor. I have been looking into some game files for Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition and came across a GameRules.grf file. I tried figuring out the format myself, but could not get anywhere. The file does not open with this editor, however I have a strong feeling Tokei knows MUCH more about this file than I do. If Tokei could please contact me so I can show him this file and give me some insight as to how to view the contents of this file it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Email: [email protected]

YouTube: www.youtube.com/oPryzeLP

Twitter: www.twitter.com/oPryzeLP

I have attached this file for anyone else interested at looking into it.

Thanks so much for your time :)

Not sure if any more information has been found out about this file format, but would love to know more as well.

Not sure if any more information has been found out about this file format, but would love to know more as well.

Minecraft and Ragnarok Online are different games. Please read what was posted right below the post you quoted :

It's not a Gravity grf.

The only similarity is the extension, nothing else, it's not a file to store resources.

Gravity -> grf mean (I guess) : Game File Resources (to store resources data - textures, images, models, world, etc.)

MineCraft ->grf mean -> Game Rule File (so maybe to store rules, game step (mission), just guessing here.).