Recent Staff Changes and Closing of irc.rathena.org

Arcenciel

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1315

A lot you may have noticed frequent of Staff Changes the past few days...Hopefully this would be the last slew of changes for quite some time (however we still do have positions that need filling)...

First and foremost, the Development Admin position has been dissolved as it does not serve the purpose it was intended for. Kenpachi has graciously agreed to be moved to the Script/DB Developer group. He will still continue contributing to the project as he had done before but would no longer be holding Administrative responsibilities. rAthena's Development will now be lead jointly by Euphy and Cookie, our Script/DB Dev Manager and Core Dev Manager, respectively.

My promotion to Community Administrator has left the Forum Manager position open however as you may have noticed the past couple of days, it is now a role being filled by Maki. Concerns that you may have regarding the forums can be direct to his inbox, the appropriate forum, or me.

Major decisions concerning rAthena's Community or Development are now strictly made jointly by Administrators and Managers alike.

International Moderator Positions

We would like to welcome OnNplay back as an Indo/Malay Moderator. Helping him with the section is Feistz, someone who have been recommended by OnNplay himself. Lastly, someone probably more familiar to you guys who frequent in our Ragnarok News section, Ziu, has been charged to take care of our Spanish Section. Help us congratulate and wish them luck by posting below!

Other positions mentioned in this topic still remains unoccupied so please send in your applications if you're interested and haven't done so yet.

Community Contributors

The following individuals have been moved to the Community Contributor group: Celsius, Gomen, Shinju, Terces.

Thanks for all the time and efforts you've put into rAthena.

Closing of irc.rathena.org

In the interest of decreasing rAthena's expenses and services to manage, we've come to a decision to permanently close down our IRC server and migrate to Rizon, where we previously were. Our channels will remain as they are so feel free to come over, join us and chat, or just plain idle. Click here

We will officially make the move sometime this Saturday, December 15 2012. A majority of you should not be affected by this but I do I apologize in advance to any individuals or established channels this change may greatly affect.

That is all! Thanks for your continued support and understanding!

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  802

Nice changes Arc, it's good to see rA going forward ^o^

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139

A very postive changes. +1 to the Admins. :D

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  67

Perhaps it has already been completely finalized, but if there is a possibility of someone supporting the cost of the irc server, would it be an option to maintain its use ? If it's possible, I'd like the name of someone I could contact privately regarding the idea.

• Upvote 2

Perhaps it has already been completely finalized, but if there is a possibility of someone supporting the cost of the irc server, would it be an option to maintain its use ? If it's possible, I'd like the name of someone I could contact privately regarding the idea.

Thank you for the generous offer but the decision has indeed been finalized.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  351

A lot you may have noticed frequent of Staff Changes the past few days...Hopefully this would be the last slew of changes for quite some time (however we still do have positions that need filling)...

I hope not.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  520

More powers rA :)

• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  802

I -might- be willing to host it as its virtually maintenance free, but everyone would have to re-register their nicknames. It would actually be a proper IRC server, too! With an actual network! XD

It also wouldn't be under the rAthena name, but would still be pretty much private. That way you wouldn't have to deal with lost nickname registrations and such. Just an offer. I liked hosting IRC and I could actually maintain it a bit better.

Dafuq so many registrations xD! But yeah, it'd be nice if u hosted IRC :P.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  248

Good job Arc, keep it up dude.,

I -might- be willing to host it as its virtually maintenance free, but everyone would have to re-register their nicknames. It would actually be a proper IRC server, too! With an actual network! XD

It also wouldn't be under the rAthena name, but would still be pretty much private. That way you wouldn't have to deal with lost nickname registrations and such. Just an offer. I liked hosting IRC and I could actually maintain it a bit better.

Dafuq so many registrations xD! But yeah, it'd be nice if u hosted IRC :P.

Against it. It should either be in the hands of an administrator who is in the know how or nobody.

Nothing against you Jman but it's just what I feel saver with.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  241

I'm pretty sure Jman knows about hosting an IRC server more than anyone on this forum. from service configuration to the actual irc moderation, commands and shit.

Against it. It should either be in the hands of an administrator who is in the know how or nobody.

Jman can run his own IRC service if desires to do so. Him suggesting that he -might- make one doesn't not equate to us moving.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  31

Legal !

Jman can run his own IRC service if desires to do so. Him suggesting that he -might- make one doesn't not equate to us moving.

This wasn't me with a rant post about worrying the services or saying he can't make a irc server. I'm just against us moving there since it was suggested/hinted in the post.

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2223

This is complete: the irc.rathena.net IRC server is stopped.

Updated IRC information is on the wiki, IRC.

hostname = irc.rizon.net

Channels:

#rathena - rAthena General Chat

#rathena-dev - rAthena Developers Public Chat

IRC Webchat: http://go.rathena.org/irc

• Upvote 1