Custom skill doesn't show at skill window

Random

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4

Hi fellow members,

I've an issue as the title says, trying to get a custom skill working. right now this are my client and server specs.

Exe: 2012-04-10aRagexeRE

Svn: Betewen 16937 and 16966 (I don't remember exactly)

Data: The one provided by rathena svn

I've done exactly what the wiki says http://rathena.org/wiki/Adding_new_skills and I can't get to see the skills on my skills misc window. I've added them by using a card with 'skill "CUSTOM_SKILL",1;' script command.

First of all, I've edited the mmo.h file on common folder and changed the MAX_SKILL from 3100 to 4100. Then I've edited the skill.h file, and added just after ECLAGE_RECALL, this line CUSTOM_SKILL = 4000,.

I've edited the skill.c file too, adding case CUSTOM_SKILL: right after case KO_MEIKYOUSISUI:. Also I've edited the status.c file, adding the set_sc( CUSTOM_SKILL etc. Actualy this skill is a copy of heal, so I'm using its SC_ , SI_ and all others SCB_ on the status.c file. I've compiled and everything went fine. I've edited also the skill_db.txt, skill_cast_db.txt, skill_requiere_db.txt files adding them the 4000 id and on skill_db.txt the CUSTOM_SKILL,Heal at the end of the line. I've edited the data\lua files\skillinfoz\skillid.lua, data\lua files\skillinfoz\skilldescript.lua, data\lua files\skillinfoz\skillinfolist.lua files as it explains on the wiki guide and also merged the same bmp as heal but renamed to custom_skill on data\texture\À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º\item location to my grf. And I still can't see the custom skill on my server, does anyone knows what I'm doing wrong? Help is much appreciated! Thanks!

2 answers to this question

• Content Count:  87

Did you insert your custom skill into the lua files too?

• Content Count:  4

Hi Ryuuzaki,

I did all what I wrote before, by lua files you mean data\lua files\skillinfoz\skillid.lua, data\lua files\skillinfoz\skilldescript.lua, data\lua files\skillinfoz\skillinfolist.lua files? if yes, then I did. But I still can't see 'em. Thanks for the reply!

Edit:

I'm not using Xray, does it matter?

Hi fellow members,

I've changed the skill id to 1100 and now I see the custom skill on the window, but it shows a red icon, not the one I merged into my grf and it doesn't show the description I wrote on the lua files, nor the name. The skill works fine.

Edited by Random