Manage Skill Damage by Lilith

GM Takumirai

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  592

I suggest this patch by lilith to be apply in our svn , i think there's no harm putting the patch in our svn , my oppinion is since some of our skills is not yet rebalance and some of the skills cause a huge damage to the server, by putting this patch we can easily decrease the damage of that skill , while waiting the developers to fix those skills,

- http://rathena.org/board/topic/62238-manage-skill-damage-20/

• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  713

I disagree :P kinda hard to explain why, but IMHO it should be done by those who want to and not come by default in rA.

PS: I do use this mod, but still don't see the need to implement it

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2192

I'd have to agree with Evil on this one. I think it should be left as a personal mod rather then put into the SVN. I think this mod people are using because it's easier to configure damage output of certain skills rather than going through battle.c etc. to find damage formulas for the skills. Personally, a lot of people use it in renewal servers cause of EDP formula. I think you're best bet is to just wait till the devs actually get it fixed.

Then again, this mod is beneficial in many different ways but I just think it's more of a preference mod :/

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  1315

I'd like to revive discussion regarding this topic.

I think Lilith's addition is highly beneficial for a lot of servers. It can make balancing a lot of skills a tad bit easier for those that do not actually know how to modify the source.

• Upvote 2

• Content Count:  592

Yes well explained thanks for supporting this

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  248

I agree. If this patch is applied to the svn, it would be a lot easier to manage the skill damage and balance stuffs. In other case, if you dont change anything to the skill_damage_db nothing will happen, unless you apply changes into it. So more or less this would be in a lot of help.

Just a thought;

There would be no bugs if this patch will be applied right?

Edited by Yudax

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2285

As I far as know as some private servers admin (LOL, at least 3 servers), the owner asked with similiar question and sentence, "why the skill have low damage? Can you fix it? we need adjust some damages of skills" Before I adjust them manually, edit some source of skill formula, until I found Manage Skill Damage [2.0].

So I was going to implement it although must convert them to different emulator (3CeAM and eAthena).

I agree if this mod can be official svn.. /no1

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2044

As I far as know as some private servers admin (LOL, at least 3 servers), the owner asked with similiar question and sentence, "why the skill have low damage? Can you fix it?

I have similar experience lol

I mostly work on high rate server ... all of them having this modifications

• Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  2997

Do any devs disagree with adding this?

I have similar experience lol

I mostly work on high rate server ... all of them having this modifications

yeah, high rate servers.. haha

waiting for other voices.. /go

• Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

I'm not a dev but I think that it should be added. The benifits are great expecially since the new classes arn't balanced yet and it turns a lot of people away from renewal. As already stated it hurts nothing to be added and is tested enough to already know if there were major bugs. I have been using it since 16265 and havn't found any bugs at all. It is already used by a large number of servers and has been proven over and over again. It also has the potential of getting current P-RE servers to upgrade to RE and new servers who would have went with P-RE since now they can easily balance the classes out. If more people switch to renewal then we can can live up to what the r stands for in rA!

Peopleperson49

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  297

+1 for this to be added.

I'm not a dev but I think that it should be added. The benifits are great expecially since the new classes arn't balanced yet and it turns a lot of people away from renewal. As already stated it hurts nothing to be added and is tested enough to already know if there were major bugs. I have been using it since 16265 and havn't found any bugs at all. It is already used by a large number of servers and has been proven over and over again. It also has the potential of getting current P-RE servers to upgrade to RE and new servers who would have went with P-RE since now they can easily balance the classes out. If more people switch to renewal then we can can live up to what the r stands for in rA!

Peopleperson49

You are using this since 16265 right? whenever you are having an update with your svn. Are you going to adjust something to the codes within the patch itself? Or just leave it there all alone?

We hope every dev is up to this because as what peopleperson49 said, RE skills are hard to handle because of some imbalances occurs everytime.

Edited by Yudax

I am currently using 17118 and I have updated several times now readding it each time with no issues. It is a very easy feature to use! I run a low rate server, but it still comes in handy with various skills. I know that when I switched to rA from eA I wanted to initally use P-RE because of the imbalance issues. I went with RE but disabled the 3rd class job quests so that I could test them myself and balance before I implemented them.

Peopleperson49

Edited by Peopleperson49

So that means if this patch is already applied. Whenever there is a new update to the SVN. there is no need to edit the sources?

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  48

it's a good idea. +1 for this to be added.

Yadax, yes if it gets officially added to the SVN then any updates will have it from that point on.

Peopleperson49

You are using this since 16265 right? whenever you are having an update with your svn. Are you going to adjust something to the codes within the patch itself? Or just leave it there all alone?

So that means if this patch is already applied. Whenever there is a new update to the SVN. there is no need to edit the sources?

the only problem on Manage Skill Damage v2.0.patch is, if old svn variable names doesn't change it will not causing error. Old svn is using int skill_num and some latest is using uint16 skill_id

but, however, if this is be official svn, every core changes will be updated, user doesn't need to change the sources

Edited by cydh

No, what i mean is for now, since this patch is not added yet. Whenever they have a SVN update. No errors will occur right? I added the patch successfully.

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2192

No, what i mean is for now, since this patch is not added yet. Whenever they have a SVN update. No errors will occur right? I added the patch successfully.

It depends where exactly the code will be placed in our SVN. If it's placed in a different place in the source compared to where yours is, then it'll error because there's a duplicate in the source (as I'm aware of). If it gets placed in the SVN, you don't have to update since you already have it but it'd be careful if you automatically update your folder.

It depends where exactly the code will be placed in our SVN. If it's placed in a different place in the source compared to where yours is, then it'll error because there's a duplicate in the source (as I'm aware of). If it gets placed in the SVN, you don't have to update since you already have it but it'd be careful if you automatically update your folder.

Thats what I want to hear :) Thank you anyways. All we have to do is hope for this to be added to the svn.

If your actually updating your svn then any changes you have made in any file could cause errors. It takes more work but periodically I update all my files and re-add the mods each time. Thats actually easier than adding each change every time one is made.

Peopleperson49

Edited by Peopleperson49

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  38

+1 to this. I agree to add this.

• 5 months later...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  34

Its been a very long time since this topic received the last reply, but I would love to see this mod as an official rathena feature.

^ I hope so. /heh

• Upvote 1