stydianx

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  390

I have a question..

well i wanted to add a custom BGM to my maps,

and i wanted to add Cannon rock as a BGM to prontera..

can this be done? if yes, may i also ask how?

9 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3

I have problems with the setup file ... I am looking for a way to play ragnarok with sound but the setup seems to be faulty and tells me that I have something wrong D:

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

On 11/10/2012 at 10:17 AM, stydianx said:

I have a question..

well i wanted to add a custom BGM to my maps,

and i wanted to add Cannon rock as a BGM to prontera..

can this be done? if yes, may i also ask how?

/ok

• Content Count:  17

Yeah, you can. It's actually pretty easy, too.

All you gotta do is make the song into an MP3 file, name it whatever you like (I'd suggest giving it a name that has a word in it, like "server01", for example, so if Gravity decides to add more in-game music, you won't have to worry about the kRO patcher replacing it with something different), and put it in the BGM folder in your client.

Then, in either your client's data folder, or your server's GRF, look for the mp3nametable.txt file, and open it. Scroll down to the bottom of the file, hit Enter to make a new line, then type something like this in, at the bottom:

mapname.rsw#bgm\\songname.mp3#

Where mapname.rsw is the name of the map filename (it'd be the same name as the GAT file; it's like how geffen.gat has a matching geffen.rsw file, as well, for example), and songname.mp3 is the name of the MP3 file you just made.

The same would go for changing Prontera's background music to Canon Rock, except after putting Canon Rock's MP3 file into the BGM folder, in mp3nametable.txt, you'd look for this line, instead:

prontera.rsw#bgm\\08.mp3#

And you'd change 08.mp3 to whatever the name of Canon Rock's MP3 file is.

Hope that helps.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  244

hmm some music quality cant be read?

True. Most of Gravity's BGM files (the songs by SoundTeMP, Warren, Denis Koishi, etc.) are sampled at 22050Hz, with an 80Kbps bitrate, but the custom songs that I use are 44100Hz sampling rate with a 192Kbps bitrate, and the client plays those just fine, too. So I guess either of those should work, unless someone knows of any other sampling/bitrate combos that work, too.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25

where can i find my mp3nametable? and how to deal with that? it seems that i have to make a folder named "bgm" (with small caps.) i tried, and now, i cant hear any bgm file for prontera map

Well, if your server doesn't have its own custom GRF, it'll be in the data folder, but it should also be in the data.grf file, too, either way. All you'd need to do is pull it out with a GRF editor (like Gryff, or GRF Builder, for example), and put it into your client's data folder, or your own custom GRF, after you throw it into Notepad, and edit it however you want to.

And actually, the folder name should be in all-caps ("BGM"). What folder did you put it into?

Did it stop playing background music just in Prontera, or everywhere (like other maps, and the login screen)?

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  390

Well, if your server doesn't have its own custom GRF, it'll be in the data folder, but it should also be in the data.grf file, too, either way. All you'd need to do is pull it out with a GRF editor (like Gryff, or GRF Builder, for example), and put it into your client's data folder, or your own custom GRF, after you throw it into Notepad, and edit it however you want to.

And actually, the folder name should be in all-caps ("BGM"). What folder did you put it into?

Did it stop playing background music just in Prontera, or everywhere (like other maps, and the login screen)?

i dont have "mp3nametable.txt" why is this?

You don't? That's interesting. It's usually in data.grf, whether your client is using a data folder or not. Hmm...

Well, either way, here's one you can use: mp3nametable.txt

That one's from a pretty recent kRO data.grf, from around August, 2012. I haven't changed it, or anything. If there's already background music playing in-game, then mp3nametable.txt should be in one of the GRFs your client uses. If it's not in data.grf, does your server have its own custom GRF, or does it use a data folder? I think you either wouldn't have any music, or the game would keep playing the logon screen BGM over and over again on every map, if one of the GRFs your client uses, or its data folder, didn't have that file.