Syouji

GRF Decryption Software Available?

Question

To those who are familiar with Secure GRF. Is there software available that can decrypt and extract the contents of a GRF file providing you know the encrypted password. Several times I find myself failing to back up custom content before I encrypt it with Secure GRF. A tool enabling me to extract the contents of a GRF in order to make changes would be a life savor. So my question to you guys is if you know of any software that can do this or if someone would be interested in making something simple that can do this.

In the event someone is up to creating something like this, all that would be needed is:

• Browse Button for GRF/GPF file
  • Enter password in textbox
  • Extract Contents to location button

58 answers to this question

2 hours ago, letmeknowit said:

Btw i forgot to mention.. This decryptor is for those who forgot the password.. As long as they hve the cps.dll

Anybody who wants to steal protected resources has "cps.dll". It is a public file.

3 hours ago, Functor said:

Anybody who wants to steal protected resources has "cps.dll". It is a public file.

@Functor Please make an ad ons that can protect our GRFS 😞

Edited by Forshaken

5 hours ago, Functor said:

1 hour ago, Forshaken said:

@Functor Please make an ad ons that can protect our GRFS 😞

Yes @Functor help us protect our grf. make add ons on it. or anything that can protect our grf.

23 minutes ago, shatowolf said:

Yes @Functor help us protect our grf. make add ons on it. or anything that can protect our grf.

No wonder why graphic artists are starting to quit RO community and it is because of this kind of people who are stealing works and resell them. In this case he might use his decryptor to decrypt grfs in exchange with $$$$ even thou the one who request it is not the owner of the server. Just a request from @Functor to make ad ons wherein we can protect our grf, exe, and cps.dll files of our server or request from @Tokei to improve the encryption of GRF Editor. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Forshaken

23 hours ago, shatowolf said:

22 hours ago, Forshaken said:

No wonder why graphic artists are starting to quit RO community and it is because of this kind of people who are stealing works and resell them. In this case he might use his decryptor to decrypt grfs in exchange with $$$$ even thou the one who request it is not the owner of the server. Just a request from @Functor to make ad ons wherein we can protect our grf, exe, and cps.dll files of our server or request from @Tokei to improve the encryption of GRF Editor. Thank you in advance.

You cannot fully protect a GRF's content. You have to assume that your work will get stolen sooner or later. It doesn't matter how much protection you add, if someone has the knowledge and the time, they will retrieve the content.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 2:47 PM, Tokei said:

You cannot fully protect a GRF's content. You have to assume that your work will get stolen sooner or later. It doesn't matter how much protection you add, if someone has the knowledge and the time, they will retrieve the content.

True, I did it for few hours. First mistake is not protecting cps.dll....