New Client Ideas From The Past...

Peopleperson49

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

I like the rAthena client, however, I used to use another client that I really liked. I got it from a friend and I can't seem to contact him anymore, but I'm sure that the feautres can be replicated (just not by me). I think it worked a lot like shin diff patcher or something. However, I told him what features I wanted and he give me an awesome client. Main features included:

1) Mousefreedom type feature was automatically included.

2) When you opened the client it would automatically patch KRO and sakray (tells how old it was) before it would allow the client to let you log in. This would happen after you you used your patcher and the client window opened.

3) Mob sprites would not sprite error, if it was unknown it would show a poring instead of sprite erroring. Kind of like what an unknown item shows up as an apple. Job sprites would not error either, they would show as a novice. However, if you equiped a weapon the novice couldn't hold it would error. This really only came into effect when I tried to make the stargladiator job (one that floates on cloud).

4) Used custom login backgrounds (had to actually create on of your own called login_background1 and login_background2. I don't remember the format, but the login background had to be 800x600. The background were actually part of the client somehow and ignored the ones provided in the KRO data files.

5) Various options were included for your max level, when the aura would activate (upto level 1000).

Peopleperson49

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet