Can we add this command to SVN?

Peopleperson49

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

I suggest that we add the modified @dropall commands created by Xantara to the SVN. The download can be found at: http://rathena.org/b...ion-dropalltab/. This is very useful if a player is holding an item that causes them to error. They don't error as long as you don't switch to the tab and view the item directly. You can drop everything in that specific tab instead of droping all their items. Because as soon as that item hits the ground the player will gravity error and all other items that were dropped with it are lost too since you can't log in again until the erroring item disappears (and all the other stuff). Also it is good for when you kill a lot of monsters and your etc tab is full of crap that you don't want. Before you had to drop each etc item individually or if you used @dropall you would drop all items in every other tab including equiped items along with the crap you actually wanted to drop!!! Modifying this command does not break the 1:1 rule!

Peopleperson49

Edited by peopleperson49
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  351

In that case you could just add a npc that allows players to remove specific items or give players the command @delitem, of course only allow it to work on them.

I would never give a character on my lowrate server commands such as @dropall! This command is a good feature for GM use! It gives flexability to the command and does not break the 1:1 rule! There is times where I am killing stuff on my GM character (for testing or bordom) and I realize I have a full inventory of etc items, but I don't want to spend forever selling the off or even worse droping them one by one. Modifying the @dropall command allows me to drop specifically what I want. Also if I want to drop something of a players I can drop only the tab. You don't always know what is erroring in a players inventory. Maybe they didn't patch correctly and only they error. Should I delete every item in their itemlist until the error is fixed? Also delting them one by one requires them to test it and if you deleted the wrong one they error again. So they login again and then watch another item not be it... That could go on for a while! Dropall would help to minimize adding insult to injury! You may know that its in the armor tab, so why not make them just drop what is in that tab instead of all items including equiped items? I really don't see why anybody wouldn't want this feature.

Peopleperson49

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  351

It's a possibly good command however the wrong approach to fixing the issue, because it doesn't fix it at all, as you won't know what item it was that errored him. You'd have to fix the issue by providing a patch or telling him to patch up. Or in worst case senario if you know the item however it has no use disable it in item_db or item_db2 either the sql or txt one, whichever you use.

As the GM you should be able to use #delitem on the character with precision and not be deleting the entire inventory, you should know which item is erroring him, unless of course he has 50 new world items which you can't identify and don't know which it could possibly be, however even that could be figured out by finding the item name when he errors (screenshot). Just my comment to your way of fixing it.

• Upvote 2

I understand about fixing the other issues, but sometimes you just want to get the play back going again! This command is not as much about issue resolution as it is a very helpful tool! I have over 8,000 custom items in my item_db2 and I had this problem quite a bit a while ago when my equipment that was recieved from itemgivers was unidentified and I didn't have any data files for that. It took me a bit to figure that one out. Either way I use @dropall alot to dump my inventory from the etc tab. I already have the mod myself, I just think it would be useful in one way or another for others to have it all the time! How many atcommands do we have now that are used all the time that say 6 years ago didn't exist? I bet that a large number of them people just like you said they wearnt necessary either!

Peopleperson49

Edited by peopleperson49
  • Upvote 1