@newmount review

Ind

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1260

this thing is over a year old, it was added during rremu as a way to toggle the new mounts w/o the script command however ever since we've been tagging it as

/**
	 * For Testing Purposes, not going to be here after we're done.
	 **/

so what do you think should we do about it? do we remove? do we move its functionality to @mount, do we do something else?

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1315

I don't think it should be removed considering we have an equivalent command for normal mounts which is @mount.

I suggest renaming it into something else as newmount can end up being outdated if newer mounts ever come out in the future.

Which one would be a more compact/efficient solution? Combining functionality with @mount or just keeping it the way it is?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67

@mountall @mount2 @commonmount @mountcommon @rentalmount @mountrental

maybe.

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  319

Some jobs can access their own class exclusive mount and rental mounts. So having @mount do both is a bad idea. I like Trojal's idea on @mount2 or @rentalmount. While were at it, we should also add a @cart, @falcon, and @waug.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  319

The @option command is annoying to use because you have to know the decimal values to work it. For example...

OPTION_CART1 = 0x00000008,

OPTION_FALCON = 0x00000010,

Take those 2 examples. If I want a falcon I need to type @option 0 0 8. If I need a Falcon I have to type 16 instead. Sounds easy until you get to the higher things.

OPTION_GREEN_DRAGON = 0x00080000,

OPTION_WUG = 0x00100000,

For Dragon its @option 0 0 524288. For the Waug its 1048576. I have to actually convert hex to decimal on a scientific calculator before typing. Wish I could just type a hex code instead. That would be the best way to refine it, but the command was mainly designed as a dev debug command. It doesen't just cover OPTIONS, but it also covers OPT and OPT2 controlled status's. We COULD make a new command that will do everything in 1. Like type @rent or @rental and the server will send a message to the client to list a bunch of numbers and what they do, similar to what you see when typing @jobchange or @go.

We could have like @rent 1 give players that know the Peco Riding Mastery skill the Riding status, 2 would give jobs that know the Falcon Mastery skill a falcon but first check if a waug is present before doing so, 3 would give players knowing the push cart skill a cart, 4 would give players knowing the Dragon Mastery skill the dragon, etc. Something like that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1315

...What if we refine and document @option so that it covers all of these? @_@

Disagree with this idea. In addition to everything Rytech said, you're taking away something that is possible a given player command at some servers out there.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1260

why it wouldn't work with @option: newer carts aren't option masks (and it could conflict e.g. as arcenciel pointed out).

Sorted in r16749 as per Trojal's suggestion

• Upvote 1