[Done!] Animated 3D Monsters in RO

DoSS

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133

Yes, I still think reading the stand animation externally is the best solution. If you are interested I attempted to explain where the client gets nType from on the previous page. I don't think there is any other table we need to concern ourselves with.

Here a hex edit which makes it load the stand animation from %nType%_stand.gr2 from the 3dmob_bone folder instead of from the model. Nothing needs to be changed for the Gravity mobs.

2012-04-10a (verified to work)

Find: 83 FE 09 0F 87 8A 00 00 00 83 FF 04 0F 87 81 00 00 00

Replace: 83 FF 04 0F 87 8A 00 00 00 83 FE 09 77 30 90 90 90 90

2011-03-15a (untested)

Find: 83 FE 09 0F 87 84 00 00 00 83 FF 04 77 7F

Replace: 83 FF 04 0F 87 84 00 00 00 83 FE 09 77 2C

So to add a new mob with this, the stand animation needs to be exported as well and put in the 3dmob_bone folder. (For instance for "mymonster_100.gr2" you'd need to add "100_stand.gr2" as well as the other regular bone animation files.) After that it can just be added as a normal monster with any job ID you want.

How this works: instead of returning NULL when invalid nType is found, it jumps to load from 3dmob_bone instead. It also moves the comparison on nAnimIdx so it's done first making sure it won't crash on animations which aren't available to GR2 monsters.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

Hmm not working for me.

Tested both changes, in both clients and, again standing animation is static.

However the previous client you uploaded is working. Perhaps there is something I missed?

Edit: Btw what do you think about the idea that goes with "interaction" with the map enviroment?. Let me explain: we have the tools to import any Ragnarok RSM Model in 3DS Max, and add our own bone animations to it.

Using then, the granny exporter, and the granny converter by Ricky92, we can add for example: Animations to a prontera flag, or, making a door of a prontera house opens. All of these as animation bones exported as the GR2 animation indexes you allready now. Now the question: It would be hard to recall these instances by script commands from the server?

This addition would make this game really interactive.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  22

OMFG! Please re-do the payon dungeon's Zombie Dragon! xDD

Tested both changes, in both clients and, again standing animation is static.

How did you add the files? Did you remember to add a file with the standing animation to the 3dmob_bone folder?

Taking the test files you provided in testing_animation_indexes.rar, here's an example of a configuration which is currently working for me. (All animations are showing with none of the edits I've posted except for the one in my previous post). If it doesn't work for you I'll honestly be very puzzled...

• Rename kguardian90_7.gr2 to dmob90_50.gr2, put in 3dmob folder
  • Rename 7_move.gr2, 7_dead.gr2, 7_damage.gr2 and 7_attack.gr2 to 50_move.gr2, 50_dead.gr2, 50_damage.gr2 and 50_attack.gr2, respectively and put in 3dmob_bone folder
  • Make another copy of kguardian90_7.gr2, this time to the 3dmob_bone folder and rename it 50_stand.gr2
  • Add [jobtbl.JT_DMONSTER] = "dmob90_50.gr2" to jobname.lua
  • Add ["JT_DMONSTER"] = 2600 to npcidentity.lua
  • Add monster ID 2600 to rAthena database

I have verified that it really reads the standing animation from 50_stand.gr2 by also trying to use for instance the dead animation instead, and the client showed the spider repeatedly dying when standing still. I use the main GR2 file for 50_stand.gr2 here because I don't have the stand animation as a separate file. The cleanest approach is to export the standing animation as a separate file, but all in all it doesn't really matter if you don't care about the kilobytes of duplicate data.

As for your other question: With the help of some scripts you could probably do it to some extent. For instance if the door had the "door opening" animation for its dying animation you could make a script kill the door NPC when it's supposed to open. After a while it would disappear though, like all monsters do after a few seconds. You could then spawn a new door with the "door open" as its stand animation in the exact same place and the player wouldn't notice they're actually two different monsters/doors. So all in all it would be cumbersome and to my knowledge you don't really have any more control over which animation to display than for ACT based game actors.

@curiosity

Allright, sorry I didn't read you want to test in that way (since in the previous client you uploaded it works with the standing at data/3dmob/.)

In that case, both clients: 2012-04-10a and 2011-03-10a works with the standing animation exported at: "data/3dmob_bone" for custom mobs. While, normal mobs continues to show the default animation in "data/3dmob" which it is amazing!

Edit: About the zombie dragon, no one has that gr2 gravity supposed to release years ago =P ... however, we are now able to make our own zombie dragon if you want it!

Edit 2: curiosity, do you want me to test a mob with a high amount of vertices present with the limit in the client about vertices expanded? this would allow us to add amazing high detailed 3D mobs. In that case, it is possible that you provide me what hex values to changes in any of the clients mentioned?

The one I already posted goes for both the 2011 and 2012 client. It's just a simple check I found in the Granny model loader, so I don't know if that's all it takes.

Find: 3D 10 27 00 00

Replace: 3D 20 4E 00 00

Here the 0x2710 (10,000) limit is just replaced with a higher number. In this case 0x4E20 (20,000).

If that works I think we're all done here.

Did the test however I think I should read the previous lines calm and slowly... because:

Edit: Also found out the client has a hard limit of 10,000 vertices per GR2 model. Might be good to know? I think we could set a higher value for that as well though.

A 10,000 vertices limit its quite a lot allready.

vertices_gr2.png

This sphere has 15,000~ vertices and 30,000 faces. And it loaded just fine even without the hex change. Seems the gr2 in the RO client was allready considered to be a format to handle a high amount of detaiied shapes.

I even tested a model with 2 of those spheres and, no issues (that means 30,000 vertices and 60,000 faces). In addition I tried even more, with a dummie tree with 80,000 vertices and yeah, any crash signal; however, seems that with that high amount the client start to shows weird glitches with the gr2 shape like missing faces.

Anyway I believe that this limit for now it is just fine. I wish I could have a more complex shape (a monster) with an amount of vertices reaching 10,000 to have a sucessfull test (since it is not as the same to test shapes). But no matter I looked at my resources, all the ones I have are not more than 1,500 or 3,000 vertices.

Edit: Wish this kind of limits would be as this in the RSM models =P they make the client crash if they are more than 700 vertices and 1500~ faces present.

• Upvote 1

*Sorry for the double posting*

Guys are you aiming to release these changes on the client you did to a working diff? assuming the granny estructure has been the same in years... I think it is possible to add it as a shin's diff patcher universal plugin?

With this being possible, we are ready to mark this project as "done" (Finally!) so as ready to create a new cathegory in the Graphics Forums corresponding only to the GR2 Mobs designs/development where I'm aiming to add a tutorial and a collection of RO2 mobs in grattitude to all (What a great sucess to our community!)

However I'm sure more than one guy will say that is not using, 2012-04-10a or 2011-03-10a either. :P

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  8

olrox is this ready for testing?? /no1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  17

Wow.. ! Guys, this is awesome ! First, I absolutely want to thank you for your great job. 3D mobs in Ragnarok, I love it. (yes, you already know you're awesome, but I need to say it because you really are.)

As I can see, this project is almost done. I wanted to help, but it seems I'm a little bit late.

Anyway, today I've tried to add a 3d mob in my client.. it took me some time, but it's now working ! It was so cool to walk around disguised as a 3d spider, fighting a 3d moving house.

I'm sorry for not being so helpful, for the moment I was only able to reproduce what you have already done.

Next time I will try to create my own 3D mob and see if I can add it to ragnarok.

@brewery : Well.. If you read the whole topic and do the same as Orlox did, yes you can test it ! People here already did the long an painfull trial and error for you.

Guys are you aiming to release these changes on the client you did to a working diff? assuming the granny estructure has been the same in years... I think it is possible to add it as a shin's diff patcher universal plugin?

(...)

However I'm sure more than one guy will say that is not using, 2012-04-10a or 2011-03-10a either. :P

Sorry, I don't know anything about those patch generator plugins, so I'll leave that to someone else.

Though I did find the byte sequences I posted in other clients. I haven't actually tested, but I think it should go like this:

2011-03-10a patch can also be used for 2010-11-24aRagexeRE (and probably earlier) to 2011-12-14cRagexeRE.

2012-04-10a patch can also be used for 2011-12-20bRagexeRE to 2012-07-16aRagexeRE.

2012-08-08dRagexeRE and later clients are obfuscated...

• Upvote 1

@curiosity

Thanks a lot for adding how to apply the change for other client dates! I believe that for now, this will be enough to begin leading this project now to the community uses. At least until Ai4rei takes his time to make a plugin for the patcher mentioned before. (In case he considers to do it of course)

Some words:

It was the 2011 year when my partner wondered how to add custom GR2 mobs. Almost 2 years later, by the contribution of very generous and great people below, this is finally possible:

Doss, Ricky92, Ai4rei, curiosity, Lemongrass, Shinryo, Yommy, Greenbox

Without the help of these guys, and of course the support of all those members here, this would not be possible now. Very special thanks to Ricky92 that, even by being from another community that doesn't has to do with ragnarok he accepted gladly to help us, and to release this so necessary tool for free.

Finally we can tell, that yes, this project can be marked as "Done"!, and now, the best part comes: Let the community learn from it, and begin a development in a very special area in graphics that has never existed before in the past years, due to the limitations you already know. This will not be easy, but I truly believe that people will be interested if enough basic elements as guides/resources are added in a specific forum for it.

In gratitude to all, I will try do my best to make the above be possible, and for now, I'm aiming to submit a thread were the staff will consider to add or not, this forum we are talking.

Thank you all. And you are invited to take a look into the graphics forum in time to see the results of all the possibilities that now we have, with this great addition to us.

• Upvote 5

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  806

Great work guys!! /kis

I was following the topic for past couple of days and impressed by the speed it took towards the completion (I wished to help but i don't have much experience with all this - I started reading up on assembly again when i saw this). Finally we can have our own 3D Mobs other than the guardians /gg .

Once again awesome work. /ok

(one of the few times i wish for a clapping RO emoticon).

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  331

Anyone interested to give a full working guide/video?

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  25

This Is GREAT!!!! O.O

• Content Count:  318

Oh, awesome =D! So proud of you guys for being dedicated towards this project and for contributing so much of your time and resources in improving RO from a different angle! Completing a project proposed on rAthena is never easy (and uncommon unfortunately) - thank you all for making this a successful project and tool for everyone to use~

• Upvote 1

@mindstream

We are really glad for your support since the beginning. Thank you.

@Yuki

I know what you mean. It is hard to see some projects complete around here. It is a sucess that this one was possible. I Hope that this will be a motivation for other inactive projects to move on!

@All

Instead of using a new forum cathegory, I decided to send the petition to change the "map showcase forum" into "map 3d modeling showcase" since both areas are intimately related to 3D skills.

Therefore, all about goes with "Granny 3D" as Releases and Guides, are, intended to be added here ---> http://rathena.org/board/forum/38-maps-3d-modeling-showcase/

For now the first release (so as a first test aswell) of this project is allready on there. Making that gr2 mobs pack leaded me to find some small glitches at the time the client reads the custom mob, however, it is nothing serious to worry about since I was possible to carry on that by tweaking some minor options at exporting.

On another note, Ai4rei is going to add support (thanks by Curiosity commitmens in the client dissamble), for an extended GR2 IDs dll for shin's diffpatcher, link ---> http://rathena.org/board/topic/53421-weediffgen/page__st__420#entry178329 so, it will be a very handy feature for the community uses.

And last but not least, thank you everyone. I was really glad to join this project with all of you.

• Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

When they came out with RO2 they basically change the fundimentals of stuff so much that it never picked up! This would be a very good way to advance the game in the direction they were trying, without warping what we all love! Is it possible to take the 3d mobs already created for RO2 and use them? I may not have the skills to make mobs, but I might still have a beta version of RO2 on a hard drive somewhere.

Peopleperson49

Edited by Peopleperson49

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  19

Eng: Thank you for best project.

i am winnie from Thailand. 

i open the ragnarok server for  2 years, my server is free. i do not receive anything from player. Not to earn profit.

Make server because i love Ragnarok.

i donate for this project 10 EUR.

Love this project so much.

THAI: ขอบคุณท่าน ทุกท่าน มากครับ.

ที่ช่วยสร้างสรรค์สิ่งดีๆใน RO ครับ

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  22

Eng: Thank you for best project.

i am winnie from Thailand. 

i open the ragnarok server for  2 years, my server is free. i do not receive anything from player. Not to earn profit.

Make server because i love Ragnarok.

i donate for this project 10 EUR.

Love this project so much.

THAI: ขอบคุณท่าน ทุกท่าน มากครับ.

ที่ช่วยสร้างสรรค์สิ่งดีๆใน RO ครับ

Thank you for your donation, winnie :) It is really appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  21

guys i found a way to export the nif to fbx, i need practice in those thing since im not an expert an many of you but im sharing this link http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=394056

thx to ricky92 and olrox for the answers

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  386

/no1  All i can say WOW, impressive! Job well done Guys!! i didn't know that this kind of 3D Models will get through the World of Ragnarok 1.

Regards,

Vlync

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  35

model 3d no sound walk,attack,idle,damage,dead

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  76

Anyone interested to give a full working guide/video?

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  35

why i make new .gr2 model from 3ds max 7 it client crash ?

after convert 2.1.0.5 it crash /wah
8a4f3e14c7.p.jpg

custommodelGR2.rar