rAthena Online Configuration Wizard

znromonk

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26

I am attempting to re-make my eAthena Online Configuration Wizard for rAthena. I had initially started off with eA since I was more familiar with it that rA. Now that I have been using rA for a while, I am willing to put some time into "porting" it for rA.

How it works:

The website takes in the values and uses it to create the files that goes into the /conf/import folder. The files are created and are archived to be downloaded on the fly without the data being stored on the server. The "no data stored on the server" feature was implemented after a user at eA raised concern that the sensitive information in the configuration should not be stored server-side.

What does it look like:

16931499.png

Where can I find it:

You can visit the page here (just as functional as the eA version)

What is the progress:

I have implemented quite a few settings in my eA version and will try to do the same for rA soon. There are some minor differences in the config files and I am trying to be careful not to get confused. Thankfully, the settings and configurations are very well documented in the Wiki.

What I need from you:

• Suggest any other configurations that are commonly used and the categorty they should be under.
  • Suggest UI change/modifications for better user experience.

Changelog:

• Removed username, password and SQL settings due to security concerns.
  • Updated and enabled "Change Rates" and "Change Maximums".

PS: I am not sure if I should, but here is my link to the eA topic where there is a lot more information about the project.

Edited by znromonk

• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  251

too dangerous if u save an server account at ur db. :P

Since it seems to be a recurring concern, how about I just remove that settings completely.

Edit: I guess, I will have to remove the settings for sql as well since that should be of concern too for many. /whisp

Edited by znromonk

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  547

too dangerous if u save an server account at ur db. :P

if thats a problem for you, you shouldn't run a server.

• Upvote 1

Since username/password and DB configuration settings are the most vital part of the configurations, I put them up. Many users do not ever read the wiki and post the most basic questions on the boards. I put those settings up to benefit them and not with any ulterior motives.

Anyways, since the first post on both eA and rA boards was concerning the "safety" of the data they enter, I have completely removed those settings. I still have them enabled on my personal server since I find it useful.

Any other sugestions are welcome.

Anyways, since the first post on both eA and rA boards was concerning the "safety" of the data they enter, I have completely removed those settings. I still have them enabled on my personal server since I find it useful.

that's right.. u choose a good decision :) keep that only for ur self ( on ur personal server it's really usefull but the other ppl maybe wont their data server knowing by the other ).

big LOL

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  547

that's right.. u choose a good decision :) keep that only for ur self ( on ur personal server it's really usefull but the other ppl maybe wont their data server knowing by the other ).

big LOL

learn how to set up the firewall on the computer you're running the configuration tool on and/or learn how to secure your mysql server. I don't think that this is a reason for a LOL.

• Upvote 1

nah forget it , im done here