Bug Tracker - Organization

Nameless2you

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  351

I believe the Bug Tracker needs to be organized better, meaning instead of having all the skills in 1 section, create subcategories inside the skill folder for jobs, so Rune Knight, Royal Guard and so on, that way posts such as these: http://rathena.org/b...ebalancing-kro/ could possibly be handled better and it's be more organized. Players, server owners or who ever posts any information could possibly target specific jobs or just have a simpler overview.

I know it would mean a lot of subcategories considering all the jobs but i highly believe it would be for the better, would help solving skill issues if one is attempting to fix all skills for a specific job.

TL;DR: Add sub-categories in the 'Skill' section for each 3rd job.

Edited by Nameless2you

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2223

Another idea (or in addition) - people could tag their bug report with the job name. Then when you search for or click a tag, it will show all bugs with that tag.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  351

I'd prefer that to then be "in addition", taking my suggestion from lRO, http://board.limit-ro.net/index.php?/tracker/ . It just makes overview easier or at least that's how I feel about it.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  382

+1 for adding this

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2223

One thing I don't like about IP Tracker is the "Versions" field is unique to each project. If we want continue to use Versions: Trunk, Renewal, Stable, Charmerge, etc. we have to add those fields for each project.

More projects/sub-projects means more Versions. Also, since versions are unique to each project, when we move bugs to different projects, the Version field is cleared =[

• Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1260

as the developer who is most active on the bug tracker i say no o.o its a pain to have to go thru core and skills having a dozen new subcategories is a nightmare.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2192

Although it is a way to keep it organized, I have to agree with Ind on this one and Brian. Members should TAG their Reports with WHAT IS SPECIFICALLY WRONG with the bug (i.e. If its skills regarding classes, do RUNE KNIGHT SKILL or RUNE KNIGHT, etc). Having more categories just gives the Administration more hassle and more frustration to keep up with the amount of bugs, false bugs, and panic bugs people are throwing at them.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  592

- i think we wait for the developer to have time with this, i know they are busy so lets wait for them to apply this, as long as they keep updating bug reports,

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  28

In LimitRO, they use this bug tracker service and they split skill bug reports into the several classes. Over there it was just assumed that no one would bother to use the search feature and that people wouldn't bother to properly tag/label topics (and so far, they were mostly right). In the end, people actually bothered to read the reports and (excessively) repeated reports, making uncommon unless the skill was still broken after the bug fix.

Meanwhile, I go to this board's bug tracker and search for Final Strike, and I find at least three reports about the Mirror Image + FS bug and a lot of other topics where Final Strike was mentioned (even if in passing). Interestingly, I also did a normal search of another skill by simply browsing the skill board and noticed how hard it was to find what I was looking for felt to find stuff. Most things aren't even tagged to make searching easier.

So yeah, the main benefit to having the sub-categories is that you can at least reduce the amounts of repeated reports.... and that you can fully focus on one class by simply clicking the category for said class.