GorgonCP

Trojal

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67

GorgonCP

(Cross-posted at ratemyserver.net: http://forum.ratemyserver.net/ro-graphic-coding-media/gorgoncp/)

What is this?

Yet another Control Panel project. I am dissatisfied with existing Control Panels for various reasons. I think I can do better, and hence Gorgon was born.

This project is a modern framework with modular design, such that all components should be able to work independently of each other. This allows for an easily extendable framework at the same time.

Who am I?

I'm Trojal (from UnityRO, TempestRO, uv-RO). I've been coding around *athena for about 6 years now, though usually not on the main engine because my code changes are customizations rather than on the official development track.

When will this come out?

I'm going to do a 2-3 week code sprint on this, and evaluate the state of the project mid-June 2012. If there are major snags, then the project will probably be dropped. If things are going smoothly, then I can release it publicly at that time.

What is this post?

I'm posting to ask for suggestions and specifications as to what you (as players or server administrators) would like to see in a control panel. What features are missing from other control panels, and what features are just the basics from other control panels that you find necessary?

If you'd like to help, feel free to send me an email at [email protected] saying so. I'd love to find someone to make HTML pages or PSDs to style the CP.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  713

I'd like to see a cp using the KISS concept :D

- create account with birthdate support

- e-mail confirmation

- captcha

- change password with e-mail confirmation

- change e-mail with e-mail confirmation

- password recovery

- slot change option

- account lock option (for specified time)

that is all that came into my mind now and of course, security. and the KISS principle!!!

no ladders and all that bullsh*t

Edited by EvilPuncker

• Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2192

Ladders are what keep people interested lol.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  713

if they are pvp then yes, if not, then hell no, unless your server is a really really low rate that noone can reach the max of the ladder in a few days, but that is just my point of view

Edited by EvilPuncker

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  379

I feel the same thing Trojal.

Happy development for this new CP, it's fun to make one from scratch.

I hope you the best for this project :)

About features: One thing I love is the page transition system : like github used ( html5 history API, if not present used hash url + ajax, if not change page). I used this in some recents projects and it's a good experience for the user. It could be fun, since you are a HTML5 guy :P to add this to the CP.

All others things are just basics ideas that you can see in all others CPs, so not interesting.

@EvilPuncker

It's not because you have a module "Ladder" that you must use it lol

• Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  399

Shop Search - If you can get rA to store the data differently rather than how it's currently handled, I think this would be great for -all- servers to have, rather than a select handful.

Integrated Chat - I can't say too much, but Ind's IRC thing + web side ability to chat with those in-game would be awesome (and configuration to be able to lock people out until they get approval from an admin to chat).

Automated Donation Handling - Similar to Flux.

Vote For Points - Right out the box, the same handling as the V4P in Flux would be adequate.

Easier CMS - The currently handling in Flux is annoying to say the least.

Account Clusters - One main login to manage multiple in-game accounts similar to iRO's system.

As I think of others, I'll post them here. :)

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  250

How about an Account Management system, for example you have this Main account

then you'll add all your accounts etc. It's pretty good imo. Like if you have vendor accounts you'll just link it in the account management system and instead of using md5 how about sha1? =D

Just a suggestion XD

• Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1260

wee competition :3 good luck! make sure to keep your office properly closed you never know when these mean people will break in. <3 XDD

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  28

How about an Account Management system, for example you have this Main account

then you'll add all your accounts etc. It's pretty good imo. Like if you have vendor accounts you'll just link it in the account management system and instead of using md5 how about sha1? =D

Just a suggestion XD

OH GOD! THIS! THIS! THIS! YES! DO IT, PLEASE!

My idea, why not have the CP that comes integrated with a web market. Access to all of you items in the account so that you could add/remove them from the characters/storage and place them into an universal vending system on the web itself. It would allow people that can't play the game to still have the ability to buy/sell things from their accounts. Of course this would have to be password protected. You could probably have a module to place all of the items that you want to sell and place the price(whether it's for Zeny, Donation Points, Vote Points, etc).

That could also be integrated into Kafra shops in-game (or maybe the in-game web browser that comes in the new renewal clients), so as to reduce the need for multiple vending accounts or even the need for @autovend.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  63

Make this CP be easy to add plugins and skins :(.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  399

wee competition :3 good luck! make sure to keep your office properly closed you never know when these mean people will break in. <3 XDD

Girl, best back up off my man! *flips razor blade* I'm ALL THE PROTECTION MY BABY NEEDS! *and what*?!?!

<3

I like that the account management system is being suggested lots. Hooh lawd. :) (DeePee: When you guys did it in the pserver community after iRO did it, I knew it was time to beg someone to write it for the rest of us haha)

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  633

Goodluck Girl

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  754

almost mid of June. i hope to see this soon. :)

I am hoping to see some new features. Goodluck Trojal!

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  196

Can we know the status?