Development Suggestions

Peopleperson49

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1315

Scripting and Commands should be in LUA format.

I don't think anyone is willing to rework all scripts that we have. Doing this will invalidate A LOT of scripts that already exists out there.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17

The real reason most people haven't switched to rathena yet is more that its still an unfinished project most people wouldn't want to upgrade to something which is still missing important skills for main classes. Its true that not all the skills have renewal based forumla's either yet but people prefer if everything atleast did something before considering on using it to replace current svn's which everything is working atleast in a pre-renewal aspect. The lack of customization of the source has nothing at all to do with why or why not people are using it. If your attempting to make a server and you don't have the skills to script commands yourself then you should be able to either afford to hire someone to do it for you or learn how to do it. You shouldn't need to ask the developers to make a easier way which might take them away from fixing skills and mechanics which are vital to rathena. Besides if I had a really awesome idea for something that is custom I wouldn't want to share it with everyone anyhow because then you would see tons of servers who decide they like it and have no skill in adding the feature themself just use the easy system to make it. I think the more important goal is just to make the system up to standards with iro or kro renewal then if after all the cleanups and everything else is done someone wants to re-invent the wheel for rathena then it can be added but not before the svn is usable to the point of all skills working.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112

Well, to clarify a few things.

• rA isn't just 3rd jobs and skills. It's great and all that it's starting to support them, but there's more to the emulator than that, even if the code is transparent to most of the users.
  • The plugin system needs work. No mistaking that.
  • Debating over open/closed source isn't the objective of the thread. If people want to share their code, they can post a source mod. Otherwise, they can code a plugin.

Also, @Epoque, If you want to take 10 minutes off my hands to code some functions to load shared objects, I won't object :)

• 1 year later...

• Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2997

We've covered our policy towards this in our rAthena Goals statement. Moving to "rejected".