[Video Series - Sharpienero] Setting up your rAthena Private Server

Sharpienero

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  386

In reference to this and all future post. Please avoid making this topic into a Support Topic of all kinds.

Part 1 - Setting up your server.

http://tinyurl.com/7dcwdz2

Part 2 - Getting onto your server.

http://tinyurl.com/7nqunos

Part 3 - All about groups.conf and setting server admins and GM's.

http://tinyurl.com/7u6c442

Part 4 - Adding custom NPCs

http://tinyurl.com/8x359bt

Edited by Sharpienero
  • Upvote 4

when is part 2?

I'm making it today.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13

This is a very good video, with a very good quality.

Maybe the next step would be giving explanations on why you are doing this, or this.

There's too much people starting their own server without understanding what they do exactly.

This is a very good video, with a very good quality.

Maybe the next step would be giving explanations on why you are doing this, or this.

There's too much people starting their own server without understanding what they do exactly.

Thank you! I am starting the video now, and I will keep your post in mind.

Part 2 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtDRZki3Hpo&feature=youtu.be

Part 3 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT3bHiRSvRo&feature=youtu.be

Part 4 - Adding custom NPCs

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  135

Awesome work Sharpie!

Awesome work Sharpie!

Thanks mate!

• Content Count:  28

great video !! :)

but, must i download mysql installer? doesn't error with xampp? thx :)

great video !! :)

but, must i download mysql installer? doesn't error with xampp? thx :)

Yes, please download mysql installer. And there shouldn't be an error with xampp!

Yes, please download mysql installer. And there shouldn't be an error with xampp!

must i install mysql first? and then xampp?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5

Hi Sharpienero

Amazing videos, I've been always playing Ro servers without understanding what went into the creation of so called RO servers, watching the first 2 videos gave me a lot of info on the process and I really feel happy today cause I learned some new and cool things.

I followed your steps but I seem to have got stuck with the Visual Studio Part of the first tutorial, I think it may be because of a version difference, I will check to see if it works with 2010 Ultimate.

I have quite a lot of questions on my mind, hopefully you would be willing to listen to a few of them ^o^

Hi Sharpienero

Amazing videos, I've been always playing Ro servers without understanding what went into the creation of so called RO servers, watching the first 2 videos gave me a lot of info on the process and I really feel happy today cause I learned some new and cool things.

I followed your steps but I seem to have got stuck with the Visual Studio Part of the first tutorial, I think it may be because of a version difference, I will check to see if it works with 2010 Ultimate.

I have quite a lot of questions on my mind, hopefully you would be willing to listen to a few of them ^o^

Sure, no problem! Post them here.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  117

Hey Sharpienero, nice tutorials but on part 3, I can confirm that all the commands still works even if they are duplicated in 2 different groups since I got normal players and super players with nearly all the same commands.

Hey Sharpienero, nice tutorials but on part 3, I can confirm that all the commands still works even if they are duplicated in 2 different groups since I got normal players and super players with nearly all the same commands.

Oh okay, maybe it was a new update. Last time this happened to me, all commands stopped working. I guess it's okay and I will leave it as is, but thank you for letting me know!

why connector/C++ 1.10 and connector/J 5.1.20.0 cannot installed? no mirror found.. /hmm

must i download separate connector/C++ 1.10 and connector/J 5.1.20.0 ? and then install mysql installer? /help

please reply.. thx

why connector/C++ 1.10 and connector/J 5.1.20.0 cannot installed? no mirror found.. /hmm

must i download separate connector/C++ 1.10 and connector/J 5.1.20.0 ? and then install mysql installer? /help

please reply.. thx

What are you talking about? O_O;

What are you talking about? O_O;

no, i've succesed install mysql :D thx

Hi Sharpienero,

In your second video you create a client and a .grf file to go with it, after you create these 2 files you then move them to your Ragnarok Online folder.

My ragnarok folder consist of a mess of different private servers, I was wondering if your Ragnarok Online folder is a clean installation? Could you point me to how to get a clean Ragnarok Online folder or maybe just list what main files I need in the Ragnarok Folder (data.grf, rdata.grf...) and I'll delete the additional files. (Even though my server is not up, I tried running the .exe that I created anyway and I noticed that it kept on opening the setup window console in a recursive loop)

Also even though you just paste the .exe file and the Sharpienero.grf file into the Ragnarok Online folder, do you have to edit the data.ini configuration file to reference the Sharpienero.grf file?

like this?

[Data]

0=dc_screams.grf

1=Sharpienero.grf

2=rdata.grf

3=data.grf

the reason I am asking is because I recently added some extra Scream jokes for my Gypsy (as you can see at the top) to override the default ones a while back so I noticed that additional GRF's are referenced in this file.

Please let me know If this is needed

Thanks for your time

P.S

I wasn't able to get the server running as I could not build the rAthena_v10 files using the Visual Studio 2010 Express program, it says that the project versions do not match, I noticed in the video that you were using the Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate version, So I am just waiting for that to get installed before I continue with the last part of Video 1.

Hi Sharpienero,

In your second video you create a client and a .grf file to go with it, after you create these 2 files you then move them to your Ragnarok Online folder.

My ragnarok folder consist of a mess of different private servers, I was wondering if your Ragnarok Online folder is a clean installation? Could you point me to how to get a clean Ragnarok Online folder or maybe just list what main files I need in the Ragnarok Folder (data.grf, rdata.grf...) and I'll delete the additional files. (Even though my server is not up, I tried running the .exe that I created anyway and I noticed that it kept on opening the setup window console in a recursive loop)

Also even though you just paste the .exe file and the Sharpienero.grf file into the Ragnarok Online folder, do you have to edit the data.ini configuration file to reference the Sharpienero.grf file?

like this?

[Data]

0=dc_screams.grf

1=Sharpienero.grf

2=rdata.grf

3=data.grf

the reason I am asking is because I recently added some extra Scream jokes for my Gypsy (as you can see at the top) to override the default ones a while back so I noticed that additional GRF's are referenced in this file.

Please let me know If this is needed

Thanks for your time

P.S

I wasn't able to get the server running as I could not build the rAthena_v10 files using the Visual Studio 2010 Express program, it says that the project versions do not match, I noticed in the video that you were using the Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate version, So I am just waiting for that to get installed before I continue with the last part of Video 1.

Hmm, A lot of people have had that issue with Visual Studio.. I don't know why it's not working for you guys, but it's working for me just fine. But yes, you do have to point the data.ini towards your GRF. I thought I did that, but I guess I didn't! Thank you for pointing this out, and I will make an annotation now for that. And for the screams, there is a file called ba_frostjoke inside your GRF which you can edit.

• Content Count:  10

HELP!!newbie here~

i already use the 2012-04-10aRagexeRE from mmo.h, but this problem occur, it's not the server side problem right?

ooo1.png

Hmm, A lot of people have had that issue with Visual Studio.. I don't know why it's not working for you guys, but it's working for me just fine. But yes, you do have to point the data.ini towards your GRF. I thought I did that, but I guess I didn't! Thank you for pointing this out, and I will make an annotation now for that. And for the screams, there is a file called ba_frostjoke inside your GRF which you can edit.

Okay I will add that to my data.ini file, could you help me out with the Ragnarok Online folder please

Sorry about the double post, I saw your reply on youtube for playragnarok.com, I will get the files from there

Thanks ^o^

HELP!!newbie here~

i already use the 2012-04-10aRagexeRE from mmo.h, but this problem occur, it's not the server side problem right?

ooo1.png

Did you edit your data.ini?

you mean the problem of visual studio cant run the rathena-10?

Here i got some solution:

1.Go to microsoft website to download the "Visual studio 2010 ultimate" iso file.(must be ISO)

2.Download "UltraISO"

3.use "ultraISO" to open the Visual studio and find the setup>setup.sdb

4.extract the setup.sdb, open with notepad and edit the "Product key" to this: YCFHQ9DWCYDKV88T2TMHG7BHP

5.drag the setup.sdb back to the ISO and then install the "virtual studio"~

6.now should be fine to open the rathena-10.

( sorry for the poor english ^_^ )

you mean the problem of visual studio cant run the rathena-10?

Here i got some solution:

1.Go to microsoft website to download the "Visual studio 2010 ultimate" iso file.(must be ISO)

2.Download "UltraISO"

3.use "ultraISO" to open the Visual studio and find the setup>setup.sdb

4.extract the setup.sdb, open with notepad and edit the "Product key" to this: YCFHQ9DWCYDKV88T2TMHG7BHP

5.drag the setup.sdb back to the ISO and then install the "virtual studio"~

6.now should be fine to open the rathena-10.

( sorry for the poor english ^_^ )

Thanks.

HELP!!newbie here~

ooo1.png

yup, i done that

my data.ini

1=WLdata.grf(download from the link in your video,original name (data,about 60MB one))

2=rdata1.grf(download from ratemyserver)

3=rdata2.grf(download from ratemyserver)

4=data.grf(download from ratemyserver)

HELP!!newbie here~

ooo1.png

yup, i done that

my data.ini

1=WLdata.grf(download from the link in your video,original name (data,about 60MB one))

2=rdata1.grf(download from ratemyserver)

3=rdata2.grf(download from ratemyserver)

4=data.grf(download from ratemyserver)

Hi I noticed that your map server console says unknown packet version when you are trying to connect, maybe the RE client that you downloaded is not the same version as what is set in your mmo.h file, Sharpienero uses the 20110315a version in his video, maybe you could check if your RE client is matching to the version you set in the mmo.h

I am still downloading the Ultimate version of Visual Studio, cant start my server yet T.T

Thanks blaze505~

I try to edit the mmo.h version to 20110315a and download a 20110315a client tomorrow~

i going to sleep 1st, tomorrow still got work~

Problem fix~

Thanks Sharpienero and Blaze505~

All done and the server can play ~ ^^

But how about if i wan to make it online?now is just local only iziz? /shy

because i wan to play with my friends at far away from me....(i dont wan hamachi -.- Damn lag /hum )