[Video Series - Sharpienero] Setting up your rAthena Private Server

Sharpienero

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  386

In reference to this and all future post. Please avoid making this topic into a Support Topic of all kinds.

Part 1 - Setting up your server.

http://tinyurl.com/7dcwdz2

Part 2 - Getting onto your server.

http://tinyurl.com/7nqunos

Part 3 - All about groups.conf and setting server admins and GM's.

http://tinyurl.com/7u6c442

Part 4 - Adding custom NPCs

http://tinyurl.com/8x359bt

Edited by Sharpienero
  • Upvote 4

Well the first 2 errors are because your lua/lub files are not up to date.

The third one you would have to add more information.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

sharpie please help me.. i cant open the file of conf_athena and the map_athena.. i dont how to fix it..

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6

http://s1359.photobucket.com/albums/q790/miguel_ella24/?action=view&current=mysqlproblem_zpsf5b9567d.jpg

mysqlproblem_zpsf5b9567d.jpg

Please help me with my problem =((

everytime i restart my computer and then i cannot access mysql workbench again =(((

Edited by migs24

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  87

Hi, so I followed all of your instructions on the video tutorial. I made an account with a username and password the way you did and when I try to log in it says on C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe - logserv-sql.bat :

Notice: Authentication accepted <account: Enterprise. id: 2000000, ip: 127.0.0.1>

Info: Closed connection from '127.0.0.1'

The other 2 windows for the map and charserv are all like normal. No errors. I only get that one error from logserv.

I was wondering if you can help me get past it. I changed the data.ini file as well as the mmo.h file to the version that I have which is the same as yours.

NVM! I got it. I changed the clientinfo.xml in the data folder.

What did you do?? nid reply ASAP tnx. because i got the same problem. says that closed connection form 127.0.0.1 any one please help ..

Edited by mykel09

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5

Firstly:

Thank you for the video tutorials. I am sure your tutorial will help everyone who wants to make a server.

Secondly:

I would like to point out, that in your tutorials, you mention a "what you need" list of software to complete a server. The problem I have with following your guide is that you mention XAMPP. You only mention this, but you do not show the community how to use it; meaning, you do not guide people on how to install, and configure it for later use. XAMPP comes with some NEEDED tools for running a server. I understand that your tutorial shows people how to set up a functioning server, but this is a barebone server with no features. What if we want to install a control panel later on? Well to do this, we need ADVANCED knowledge of how to install and configure the following:

Web Server

PHP

phpmyadmin (i think?).

For me, I would just love a guide that will actually take you through this process. Since you mention XAMPP, and XAMPP has the necessary tools to get your server ready for integration into public domain (website, forums, control panel), maybe you could show us how to setup those elements.

The guides which show us how to set up control panels (at least he ones I can find), assume you have all that stuff installed and ready to go. I am new here, so I don't know much abou tthe community, and who to go to in order to get things done, but...

If someone could at least teach me the FULL PROCESS of a functional server with installation of any control panel (preferrably flux), I would give back to the community by posting a step-by-step guide with video + sound. This guide would be a "COMPLETE" guide, and save time for everyone. Additionally, having a guide from start to finish, with every detail included in ALL the steps, will reduce errors for new users/developers.

In short:

I am requesting a full guide/tutorial with all details in every step included for the following end goal elements:

Ragnarok Private Server

-includes MySql setup

Web Server Setup and Configuration

Control Panel Setup

-includes PHP setup and configuration

-Includes phpmyadmin setup and configuration

The guide can use localhost for networking information, as once you learn to set it up on a localhost, integrating onto a better server is easy. <---(I would add this guide also, if I am tought the rest)

I already know how to get a server up and running in the basic form, as your video tutorial shows, but if somebody could teach me the rest, such as PHP, phpmyadmin, and control panel setup+configuration, I would be glad to compile all this information into a 1-stop DETAILED video+sound tutorial, with ZERO errors. The guide will be restricted to english however, so language barriers would not be my fault.

Lastly:

If all this information is readily availible at rAthena somewhere, and I simply could not find it, would somebody please point me in the right direction/link it? I will still compile the guide I mentioned, as long as I can find the proper steps to do so.

Thank You

Bloppins

Firstly:

Thank you for the video tutorials. I am sure your tutorial will help everyone who wants to make a server.

Secondly:

I would like to point out, that in your tutorials, you mention a "what you need" list of software to complete a server. The problem I have with following your guide is that you mention XAMPP. You only mention this, but you do not show the community how to use it; meaning, you do not guide people on how to install, and configure it for later use. XAMPP comes with some NEEDED tools for running a server. I understand that your tutorial shows people how to set up a functioning server, but this is a barebone server with no features. What if we want to install a control panel later on? Well to do this, we need ADVANCED knowledge of how to install and configure the following:

Web Server

PHP

phpmyadmin (i think?).

For me, I would just love a guide that will actually take you through this process. Since you mention XAMPP, and XAMPP has the necessary tools to get your server ready for integration into public domain (website, forums, control panel), maybe you could show us how to setup those elements.

The guides which show us how to set up control panels (at least he ones I can find), assume you have all that stuff installed and ready to go. I am new here, so I don't know much abou tthe community, and who to go to in order to get things done, but...

If someone could at least teach me the FULL PROCESS of a functional server with installation of any control panel (preferrably flux), I would give back to the community by posting a step-by-step guide with video + sound. This guide would be a "COMPLETE" guide, and save time for everyone. Additionally, having a guide from start to finish, with every detail included in ALL the steps, will reduce errors for new users/developers.

In short:

I am requesting a full guide/tutorial with all details in every step included for the following end goal elements:

Ragnarok Private Server

-includes MySql setup

Control Panel Setup

The guide can use localhost for networking information, as once you learn to set it up on a localhost, integrating onto a better server is easy. <---(I would add this guide also, if I am tought the rest)

I already know how to get a server up and running in the basic form, as your video tutorial shows, but if somebody could teach me the rest, such as PHP, phpmyadmin, and control panel setup+configuration, I would be glad to compile all this information into a 1-stop DETAILED video+sound tutorial, with ZERO errors. The guide will be restricted to english however, so language barriers would not be my fault.

Lastly:

If all this information is readily availible at rAthena somewhere, and I simply could not find it, would somebody please point me in the right direction/link it? I will still compile the guide I mentioned, as long as I can find the proper steps to do so.

Thank You

Bloppins

I'm sorry, but I haven't been active enough on these forums lately to help you with what you want.

I'm not trying to be rude, but why should anybody have to teach you? I learned on my own. Everybody else here pretty much learned on their own.

The reason I want you to learn on your own is so that you ACTUALLY knwo what you're doing instead of putting out another terrible server that will just die in a few months.

• Content Count:  3

Hey Sharpienero, great videos!

Sorry to bother you, I know all these questions can get annoying, but i've googled my problem and cant find an answer anywhere.

So I thought id get some professional advice.

MySQL server is running fine. Map-Char-&-Login servers are all up and running correctly. Although when I use my Client and try to register an account using _M, it says "incorrect username or password" and closes the client every time no matter what i type in.

It's like the SQL server isin't connected to the client im using. but i followed your guide and built my own GRF and edited data.ini, also changed grf-files directory. Even rebuilt the rAthena-10 with no errors. Also i'm using fresh, clean copy of iRO, and I've tried diff client dates but none have changed anything so far. any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by TeaHC

Check your data.ini to make sure you're connecting to your server instead of somebody else's. post is error is still occurring..

• Content Count:  3

Yes it was going to my server. I eventually gave up and re started everything. I finally got it to where I can pick my server from list but as soon as i select it, I get a gravity error. I'm using the RMS test server client because thats the only one i could get to work. I don't have a rdata.grf file, that might be the problem. But seeing as how i'm using the iRO offical folder, i didnt think i would have to download anything else. I'm just making a local server for testing by the way. It don't need to be online whatsoever. Please respond. Thank you.

• Content Count:  5

Firstly:

Secondly:

Web Server

PHP

phpmyadmin (i think?).

In short:

Ragnarok Private Server

-includes MySql setup

Control Panel Setup

Lastly:

Thank You

Bloppins

I'm sorry, but I haven't been active enough on these forums lately to help you with what you want.

I'm not trying to be rude, but why should anybody have to teach you? I learned on my own. Everybody else here pretty much learned on their own.

The reason I want you to learn on your own is so that you ACTUALLY knwo what you're doing instead of putting out another terrible server that will just die in a few months.

Thanks for your reply.

I already know how to customize nearly everything now server/client side. I no longer need to know anything as I requested, with the exception of PHP scripting, but thank you anyways for your work thus far.

For the record:

I never DEMANDED anyone to do anything, I only requested. I do appreciate ANY advice or help given here. I did offer compensation for services rendered, which constitutes a contract/agreement. So being snide about me wanting to learn, and having a mentor/tutor is uncalled for.

It was simply an invitation to negotiate terms in which I offered compensation for service.

Thank You

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  58

http://s1359.photobu...zpsf5b9567d.jpg

everytime i restart my computer and then i cannot access mysql workbench again =(((

i have same problem with migs how to solve this?

ohh never mind my prob. i already solve it :)

• Content Count:  6

Hey Sharpienero, sorry to bother you, what mistake that i make?? coz i follow all your video intruction.

ssfail.png

in logserv said that accepted but also closed, what mistake that i make??

you must change<address>your ip</address> in clientinfo.xml /hmm, maybe?

same problem wit me....help :(

hmm

Edited by Kaiz

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  150

i am getting errors while executing main.sql in mysql querry

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `auction` ( `auction_id` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `seller_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `seller_name` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '', `buyer_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `buyer_name` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '', `price` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `buynow` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `hours` smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0', `timestamp` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `nameid` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `item_name` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', `type` smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0', `refine` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `attribute` tinyint(4) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `card0` smallint(11) NOT NULL default '0', `card1` smallint(11) NOT NULL default '0', `card2` smallint(11) NOT NULL default '0', `card3` smallint(11) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`auction_id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM

Error Code: 1046. No database selected Select the default DB to be used by double-clicking its name in the SCHEMAS list in the sidebar.

can you tell me how to execute that

i have same problem with migs how to solve this?

ohh never mind my prob. i already solve it :)

the password you entered for it is wrong

i am having problem with charserver.exe it dosnt connect

New_Bitmap_Image_3.png

Edited by crystaleye

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  550

Hey there , Sharpienero great video's man!

but i have some questions about the whole tutorial..

1st question: where can i find that "data.ini" ???

2nd question: and what can i do to solve this problem:

error1.png

error2.png

error3.png

and thanks :) im your fan!

your problem is all about lua files...

put the folder named "lua files" inside a folder named "luafiles514" then put the folder "luafiles514" in your data folder...

go to manage security........... then click start/shutdown server then click start server then there you go!

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  236

@Fuijin1998 follow this guide and don't give me credits for it it's not my video.

This is the error that I'm getting... not sure how to fix it. Please help.

post-12783-0-29775900-1356065456_thumb.jpg

This is the error that I'm getting... not sure how to fix it. Please help.

u miss the s1/p1 username and password should be same the one you put on login tables in your mysql

username s1 (ur user here)

password p1 (ur password here)

both map and char should have same

Edited by Kaiz

• Content Count:  754

Hi! Great guide here. I think most on the newcomers are using this guide as a reference. But like most guides do, this had become outdated over time. Can you please revise this to include Skip Packet Header Obfuscation in diffing new clients? 95% of the people who are using this guide all have the same error because of this. This was pointed out by a ossi0110. Thanks.

hey 

Sharpienero thanks for the awesome tutorial but somehow i cant access the part where i put my ip on the browser (1st video aroud 6:40 mins)can you please help me with this problem thanks  

Hi all, first of all I just want to thank you for all the great comments, and appreciation I have been getting.

I just do not have the time, nor the energy to keep up with this guide anymore. I recommend that you do not use my guide anymore, due to the fact that it is outdated. I may be back eventually to update it, but I doubt it. I have not been doing anything related to ragnarok online for quite some time, and I do not wish to come back to it what-so-ever.

I believe that I have helped the community in my own little way, but it is no longer of my interest. I'm sorry for the inconvience.

Also, if a staff member could please pin this as outdated and or locked, it would be greatly apprecaited.

Thank you all,

Sharp.

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  174

Hi There 

I have just moved to rAthena from eAthena 
This guide helped me alot 
Thx alot for making Such a AWESOME guide 

Keep it up 
/no1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  20

So far, the VIDEO very well understand, somehow i didn't see your 'VIDEO' with another MySQL Tutorials for 'MySQL Administrator'

You need to Import them ">>" and 'Apply Changes' for the 'Schema Privileges' or else it will show MySQL Error.

and also check your /conf/files

Following:

char_athena.conf

map_athena.conf --> You forgot to config this also, that's why it shows [Error] on your mapserv.sql.exe.

Regards,

Mindless

sir is this still on workbench or another mysql program? i mean the  MYSQL administrator thing? where can i see this <<  button?

• Topic Count:  39

Hi, there! but i haven't try it before using the MySQL WorkBench, since i'm just using the OLD MySQL version :)

I'll let you know later.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  20

Hi, there! but i haven't try it before using the MySQL WorkBench, since i'm just using the OLD MySQL version :)

I'll let you know later.

ok ^^ thanks for the help sir :)  ill just wait :)