How do I make Dye's work on my server? SOLVED

naroukimaru2

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16

Disclaimer: I am a newb, but im trying very hard!

I am using 20100629 RE client with the correct .lub files

I have 4 clients~ 2 with GRF first, 2 with Data Folder first. 1 of each with "Shared Dye Palette's". The Shared Dye Palette's return a "Allinone palette not found".. cant find the all in one file haha.

In grf-files.txt (In conf folder) I have the GRF's located in the same order that I have them order'd in the DATA.INI file inside of the Ragnarok folder. (Where the lower the number is, the higher the priority for use the GRF is, IE. Put my dye's in the GRF that has the lowest number)

I have attempted to use the sprite & palette folders from calciumkid's file posted here on the rAthena forum, aswell as another Full Dye & Hair Pack (Including 3rd job's). I have attempted to use them in both the data folder & in GRF format's, with no luck!

What I have been able to acomplish: The GRF is packed with up to 300+ files pertaining to each set of characters (Characters that clearly depict a class in Korean, Eg. Ninja, Swordsman, Novice etc etc) and when I go in game and use the Stock stylist NPC that comes with the server, I am able to go past 4 dyes! But each dye past the 4th, simply looks like the 4th dye.. unchanging

Am I missing anything here? Why are my Dye's not working? Im sure its something very simple I am forgetting to do.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by naroukimaru2

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16

Thank you very much to @Mercurial for helping me with this issue!

Solution: ServerFolderconfbattleclient.conf has a setting called max_cloth_color: I had to change the value from 4 to the amount of Dye's in the GRF.

Thank you so much @Mercurial !! :P