Emistry

Editor Release: rAthena Database Editor

Thanks for tracking down the issue.

With good software there is no such thing like major user error, good software should prevent users from making any harm.

I think I will enhance this area in the next release, warnings will be added to notify users about duplicates and checking if there were manual changes made since the opening of the database files.

You're welcome!

I suppose additional error checking could be useful; sometimes I get stuck in "editing mode" and forget to make proper saves. I'm not sure if there is a way to see if the root text file has been altered since last load into memory... perhaps a check to compare the existing one versus the original one loaded into memory?

New version has been uploaded.

Changelog:

• Added support for the secondary databases.
  • Added check for duplicate entries.
  • Added check for manual modifications since database opening.

It may not be available instantly, because I lost my developer status due to inactivity, and someone needs to approve my upload, before it will be publicly available.

Sweet! Thanks, I was going to suggest the duplicate entries check but I suppose it slipped my mind at the time.

Sucks about your dev status! But I'm still going to support this program because I use it so much. XD

Sucks about your dev status!

It is no problem at all :), for security reasons one only give commit permissions to those, who really need it. Right now I do not have time nor motivation to rA development, so if my account has every permission it is a security threat without any benefit. But as soon I decide to work on rA again, my status will be returned.

I understand. Makes sense.

You're still going to spend a little time working on this every now and again, right?

I'd like to report another bug. Pretty minor but could really mess some stuff up incidentally.

If you load the DB's, and then make some changes or whatever, and then load them again... it loads a second set under the first. So I'd be able to search "Red Potion" and see two equally identical potions. Further, if you save in this state, it will make copies of everything in your database one set down.

I believe that's how I found that first error and just didn't realize my database was doubled...

Somehow the forum forgot again that I'm following this topic. I hate this bug.

I understand. Makes sense.

You're still going to spend a little time working on this every now and again, right?

Yeah I still spend a little time to support this editor.

Why it not load my item_db2.txt ??

Did you try to set it to alternative databases in settings menu (under the re/pre-re mode)?

I'd like to report another bug. Pretty minor but could really mess some stuff up incidentally.

If you load the DB's, and then make some changes or whatever, and then load them again... it loads a second set under the first. So I'd be able to search "Red Potion" and see two equally identical potions. Further, if you save in this state, it will make copies of everything in your database one set down.

I believe that's how I found that first error and just didn't realize my database was doubled...

Oh. It is not a minor bug! I will fix this issue in the next version, thanks for noticing it.

No worries! I look forward to updates. Perhaps adding a "Refresh" button to replace reloading files? Actually, nevermind... I'd hardly use it lol.

No worries! I look forward to updates. Perhaps adding a "Refresh" button to replace reloading files? Actually, nevermind... I'd hardly use it lol.

I had some spare minutes today, so I fixed this bug. Now loading a DB will unload the opened database first. There is a warning of course if there are unsaved modifications. Once my submission got approved the new verison will be available to download.

• Upvote 1

Very cool, thank you. Downloading now...

i didnt see this thread, i posted my problems here, kindly advice how i can get around this issue?

http://rathena.org/board/topic/79813-rathena-db-editor/

TIA

Ouch. I did not consider/notice this issue, when I was implementing item_db2 support. Unfortunately I'm extremely busy nowadays, so I don't know when will I have time to fix this issue. As a workaround you can use item_db and mob_db for your custom items. Once I have some time I will enhance the custom DB support.

This program is one error -.-

How come i cannot edit damage from these?

like Bullet ATK dmg, and Arrow ATK dmg.

It would be good to implement Shop creator, since it connects to the DB already.

such as Item shop creator, or Cash shop creator with utilizing the item DB only.

This program doesn't work..... you click open---> look for the txtss..... and dont show him...

Edited by torox

lots of noobs saying it doesnt work. IT WORKS PERFECTLY! though there are still some glitches, for example: head gears appears as WEAPON and weapons appears as ARMORS

lots of noobs saying it doesnt work. IT WORKS PERFECTLY! though there are still some glitches, for example: head gears appears as WEAPON and weapons appears as ARMORS

Hi!

I am uploaded a newer version (it will be visible once the admins are reviewed the changes). However this issue is not fixed since I was not able to reproduce. Could you share the db lines that causes the trouble? Are you using SQL or text database?

Regards,

Xazax

Not working... I think it lacks some application extensions for it to work properly on other OS like Win 8, Win 7 x64, and others.

I get errors as I open the file...  I think it lacks resource files for it to work seamlessly. Previous versions worked as I check each of them...

The problem is the way it is ported. Just think about the OS compatibility before state that "noobs say it doesn't work."

Of course, file component problems.

Edited by RicoTrooper