Items as Apples

Keim

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  221

Since....I am very problematic (lol) I have yet another problem with custom items, hurray ! (not).

I'm sure this happens to many people so I'm putting it here as well so others can also get the answer.

The Custom Items I try to add to my server (which is really out-dated but my data folder isn't) appear as apples instead of their normal sprites. I have read various topics (on other forums) and I've concluded as an answer that it's the "data" folder which is out of date.

But, my data folder isn't out of date, actually (I believe) it's the newest version. So, what's the problem here? Maybe it's my scripting and coding...apparently not. I asked in another topic and people said my scripts for the items were fine. So, again. What could be the problem? Maybe i'm using an old client, which I am! But, that's not the case because I have a fully updated data folder. I've edited every single .txt which must be edited for the item to appear successfully on your server, and what's wrong then? I have not a single clue.

I am, seriously, about to go crazy If I don't find an answer to this XD I am still waiting for a new rAthena Client to come out (like the Beginner eAthena but for rAthena) and when it does, Ill try it again.

Help would be deeply appreciated.

And thank you to those people who helped me out on this and my other problems. U r0ck :D

- Keim

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  383

Generally when you get apples it means that the item isn't anymore in the item_db, so you should check your database.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626

Since you are mentioning "Custom Items", I'm wondering how your data folder can be the latest version ^^.

Cuz' I'm using an ....hmm.... very old data folder (xD) with the latest SVN's and didn't had any problem so far (well with lua files mostly o.o, stupid dates xX)

I would appreciate if you could post the items which aren't working also what the entries of the files are:

item_db(2).txt

// Identified Items

idnum2itemdesctable.txt

idnum2itemdisplaynametable.txt

idnum2itemresnametable.txt

// Unidentifies Items > Dropped Items (mostly equip):

num2itemdesctable.txt

num2itemdisplaynametable.txt

num2itemresnametable.txt

// For slotted items:

itemslotcounttable.txt

Mostly ( from my experience so far o.o), its the fault of missing entries in the resnametables which are responsible for showing the sprite.

(Happened to me too..., missed an # somewhere and an file name wasn't read accordingly)

Btw post the entries with code tag (just saying :I) so the post won't be too long :D

Regards,

Chris

Note: I don't want to offend someone o.o, so I'm sorry in case I did ^^.

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  221

Hey llchrisll

I posted on another topic what my files looked like (for an item). But I uninstalled that file (I mean the whole thing) because I got an error and couldn't log on (due to putting on the apple item accidentally). Ill post what my "new" item looks like. Lemme first add it xD