Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jman

IP.Downloads situation

31 posts in this topic

Hi all,

We apologize for the delay in getting this system back online. Unfortunately, the system is not as forgiving as we may have hoped when importing TSR downloads into our installation.

Don't fret, we're well rested and hope to have another stab at it today and hopefully get it online and working 100% by the evening.

Thanks for your patience.

You'd better you goddamn unicorn booty!

<3

(Thanks for all your hard work on it! At least our board index has the correct dates on post replies still, yes? :D)

It's amazing to have this system in the first place <3. Keep up the great work! And you guys don't have to rush ;D, the progress for the board seems to be going really well so far. Good pace! Can't wait to have the downloads page fixed and ready to go!

I prefer to wait longer than use a rush-made system that will be a headache later. Like they say,

"Slowly but surely". Keep it up! :D

Edited by Magnetix

I should be the one apologizing! =p The reason the Downloads section has been delayed is 99.7% because of myself. We just have been discussing the best way for the downloads situation to work and are almost done finding a compromise =]!

Any issues or concerns regarding this, please contact me instead. Thank you and I hope it does not take much longer!

What about opening the current Download forums again (we can't post there) ? To wait for the IP.download... Thanks

Edited by Vince

Haha, this deserves a spot here. :)

CpsWo.png

On another note, I think we're about ready to open this all back up again, methinks. Just putting some finishing touches on everything.

Aaaaand,

The Downloads system should be online. Please let us know if there are any bugs, issues or stuff we broke.

@ JManB

the RA Bot Really Spammed the Board

LOL~ On New Content it Reached 55 Pages

Aaaaand,

The Downloads system should be online. Please let us know if there are any bugs, issues or stuff we broke.

AMAAAAAAAAAAAZING I love it!!!!!! I will post my maps for free on there right now D: and a new one to be released too

Man that download section will be a plus to us xD in eA ... we never had this wonderfull tools as here.

Congratz. I'm sure this addition will bring all the users from eA to here instantly, I mean there is no movement of anything on there... its like the time has stopped for those guys

Edit: WTF I need approval to share things, DX

Edited by Olrox

Aaaaand,

AMAAAAAAAAAAAZING I love it!!!!!! I will post my maps for free on there right now D: and a new one to be released too

Man that download section will be a plus to us xD in eA ... we never had this wonderfull tools as here.

Congratz. I'm sure this addition will bring all the users from eA to here instantly, I mean there is no movement of anything on there... its like the time has stopped for those guys

Edit: WTF I need approval to share things, DX

yes

i requested this one to maki

to prevent spamming of junk downloads

and for mods to check the files before it will be publish to public

This is great! A sharing community once again. I'll share my sprites too, as well as the vintage sprites that I had way back 3 years ago! Keep up the good work guys!

GREAT!! :) i can share now my FLux templates.. hehehe

CalciumKid pointed this out too.

We could not find any max dimensions or resizing options for screenshot in IP.Downloads.

Does anyone know if IP.Downloads supports this?

Edited by Brian

Brian,

I am positive that IP.Downloads does support screenshots.

I remember messing with screenshots settings when I used IP.Downloads in the past.

from what I've found so far the problem lies in the chmod over the ftp server that stores the screenshots.

Does SourceForge not allow users to chmod files/dirs?

If they do allow it, I think the number is 777 (full permissions).

Yes, SourceForge allows chmod (via SSH or the php function).

Actually their file system privileges are a little different, so 775 would work.

User bit = when you're logged into SSH

Group bit = when Apache accesses your website files

Other bit = world

But actually, we already moved the forums/website off SourceForge to a dedicated server.

But actually, we already moved the forums/website off SourceForge to a dedicated server.

No wonder forums loads faster... Great work... /omg

so since it has moved to a new server, w/ a configured account, you can chmod folders to 777 via ftp..

did i get it right? /hmm

Yes, SourceForge allows chmod (via SSH or the php function).

Actually their file system privileges are a little different, so 775 would work.

User bit = when you're logged into SSH

Group bit = when Apache accesses your website files

Other bit = world

Oh, that's great to here.

Hopefully, the box is accessible to multiple people so if one admin goes MIA, the forum/website can still be managed.

If ya'll need any bandwidth - do let me know. I have a VPS begging to be used.