iRO or kRO Mechanics?

Maki

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82

I would have to agree on going with kRo mechanics.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2

IRO, the emu is so far behind its ridicules to even wait on leaks. Waiting on leaks is one of the reason eathena started to fall behind. We should get caught up to iro and then use KRO for whatever new concept or additions that are made.

An excellent point, Daisy. The majority of our players will have little knowledge of kRO and will most likely have migrated from iRO or other private servers, meaning that they will not be fully aware of the differences in content. We should initially aim to provide them with the most KNOWN content (meaning iRO) and then work up from there. In the meantime, kRO will be refining its updates and providing us with more quality changes than if we'd implemented them upon their initial release. In the longrun, this will likely save our developers and contributers time and frustration and lead to higher quality (and hopefully less imbalanced) updates.

Let us not forget as well that rA is in it's infancy. We need to flesh out rA asap so that it has a clear definition and is able to stand on it's own. We must always have a goal in mind, and the most reasonable goal at this time is to get ourselves up to iRO standard and establish rAthena as the future of private servers!

kRO emulation is the end goal, but biting off more than we can chew brings an untimely end and unrealized potential. At times like this it is easy to get caught up in the excitement, but please do not overdo it.

Edited by Amontillado

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  87

What competition? It was explictly stated that this is not a competition. Besides eA is without proper management therefore can not progress on it's own.

Whether you want it to be or not it certainly is in my opinion. If we're not aiming to provide a superior product/service than eA then there is really no reason to be doing this. Seeing that our presence is a response to eA's I personally feel that this is a competition, however, I also believe that you're entitled to look upon this as you wish. I still feel as though we are in our infancy and have much to prove when compared to eA which has been around for much longer. In that regard, I view this as a competition in which the victor will establish themselves as the future of RO private servers.

That being said, your second arguement holds true.

Edited by Amontillado

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  109

Competition or not I think the main point of the topic is mostly just to figure out which either iro or kro should be used mechanic wise. mirabell is correct it would be smarter to stick to iro since its easy for all of us to test on another thing too is because iro gets patches later then kro its usually more refined and bugs fixed atleast for the time being then of course once the svn is to the point were it has all the main classes working you could slowly transist into kro if you wanted to but it would be best to just stick with what is really easy to gather data from and get rathena up to iro's current settings.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  351

Agreed, follow kRO but if there's not info use iRO and put a big red sign on it saying it needs more data and isn't from kRO.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's actually quite simple.

Every time it's possible, we should follow kRO, in other case follow iRO. To be precise, if we have exact and complete info how something works in kRO, just do it this way. If we don't have enough info, it's better to have iRO version of a feature implemented (hopefully temporarily until kRO data is gathered) than nothing at all.

I agree completely, Koreans know their mechanics, % > Def/Mdef tweaks any day.

• 1 year later...

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  135

I'm going to add my 2 cents in on this whole thing.

Regardless the problem is the fact that what ever way we go about this, we're still missing a gap of stuff that needs to be added.

I say we should start doing what's right for not the servers sake but for the servers players sake and update using iRO for NOW...it can always be changed and in reality it would greatly improve rAthena updates at a much faster pace...

Okay so you guys want kRO mechanics? Well while we're waiting weeks and weeks on end for those to be implemented...we could already have a stable system(iRO)...and then upgrade to a much MORE stable system(kRO).

In all honesty the people who are saying "kRO" is being greedy....think about your players enjoyment over your own shelfish wants.

Edited by DR4LUC0N

• Content Count:  399

Posted · Hidden by Euphy, February 13, 2013 - Flaming.
Hidden by Euphy, February 13, 2013 - Flaming.

I'm going to add my 2 cents in on this whole thing.

Regardless the problem is the fact that what ever way we go about this, we're still missing a gap of stuff that needs to be added.

I say we should start doing what's right for not the servers sake but for the servers players sake and update using iRO for NOW...it can always be changed and in reality it would greatly improve rAthena updates at a much faster pace...

Okay so you guys want kRO mechanics? Well while we're waiting weeks and weeks on end for those to be implemented...we could already have a stable system(iRO)...and then upgrade to a much MORE stable system(kRO).

In all honesty the people who are saying "kRO" is being greedy....think about your players enjoyment over your own shelfish wants.

Actually, the only person coming off as selfish in regard to this... is you. Sry, not sry. Calling it as I see it.

"I want what I want when and how I want it."

smh.

@jTynne

Aparently you don't understand english properly. Because nothing I said there had "I want what I want when and how I want it." even in it. Aparently you have an RO server or work for one...maybe think about the players...considering they are losing out on things that they should have because you want kRO. which is taking development even longer...Like someone posted before these are the reasons eA started to fall behind...personally as much as I liked eA...rA was supposed to be so much better....we're just following their footstops into demise.

@jTynne

Aparently you don't understand english properly. Because nothing I said there had "I want what I want when and how I want it." even in it. Aparently you have an RO server or work for one...maybe think about the players...considering they are losing out on things that they should have because you want kRO. which is taking development even longer...Like someone posted before these are the reasons eA started to fall behind...personally as much as I liked eA...rA was supposed to be so much better....we're just following their footstops into demise.

Excuse me, miss thang, but I've been running RO servers since 2007. If you want something official: learn to do it yourself. If you honestly have to rely 100% on developers who aren't making any profit for their volunteer work that's a shame. Furthermore coming on here and telling people how you think they should work because it's what you feel is right is absolutely absurd, and frankly, deserving of a reality check. If you want iRO mechanics, nothing's stopping you from implementing them yourself. Until and/or unless you're contributing quality content to this community, you fall under the category of leech, of which both eAthena and rAthena are just hip-hopping full of.

The developers here have absolutely nothing to gain for spending countless hours working on a project they get no recognition outside of this website for. Personal enjoyment? Hardly when there's not been peace within the staff for the greater portion of the past year, let alone arrogant end-users making demands.

There's a right way and a wrong way to respectfully submit requests, and your display is a tragic mess. Get your life right and try again sweetheart.

• Upvote 1

@jTynne

Excuse me, miss thang, but I've been running RO servers since 2007. If you want something official: learn to do it yourself. If you honestly have to rely 100% on developers who aren't making any profit for their volunteer work that's a shame. Furthermore coming on here and telling people how you think they should work because it's what you feel is right is absolutely absurd, and frankly, deserving of a reality check. If you want iRO mechanics, nothing's stopping you from implementing them yourself. Until and/or unless you're contributing quality content to this community, you fall under the category of leech, of which both eAthena and rAthena are just hip-hopping full of.

The developers here have absolutely nothing to gain for spending countless hours working on a project they get no recognition outside of this website for. Personal enjoyment? Hardly when there's not been peace within the staff for the greater portion of the past year, let alone arrogant end-users making demands.

There's a right way and a wrong way to respectfully submit requests, and your display is a tragic mess. Get your life right and try again sweetheart.

I never knew me adding what I thought was going to make you butt hurt. Kind of funny how out of every one that's said something you're attacking me, man you gotta get a life, you getting mad over peoples opinions is sad, on top of that a leader shouldn't use chat speak(smh, u, 2, ur). I'm done talking to someone who's going to attack someone for their opinions....

ANYWAYS...back to my OPINION, I think that we need to do what's right in reality for the players not us as server owners/developers. I've especially read quite a few posts about peoples players complaining about damage formulas. In reality it has nothing to do with iRO OR kRO formulas...because right now we don't have either...we honestly have a ghetto work around. LOL. If anyone else wants to attack me for my opinion go ahead. Regardless if you're going to attack me or not we're all trying to have the same goal in mind and that's to get a working emulator with as close to 100% everything as possible.

/yawn

• Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2997

@DR4LUC0N and jTynne: If you have to fight, please keep it out of the discussion forums. We're not switching to iRO, as that was decided long ago. Thank you.

• Upvote 1

He pulled my weave first. I'm finna light his extensions on fire.

+1 to no@iRO.

• Upvote 1

Then maybe this thread should be closed so there is no further discussion.