Live Vend Database Support

Maki

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1195

jTynne:

One of the things I'm seeing across many of the more established private servers these days is a live vend database displayed on each server's website. Such a feature is extremely useful, however, I've never seen the coded publicly shared. I was given a code snippet from Trojal a long while back that I only half understood (thus it was deleted after many failed attempts at getting it to work) that provided similar results to that of the auction system; that is, the data was stored in the database rather than, presumably, system memory.

So, what I'm getting at is, providing built-in support for server owners to be able to display vending information easily on their websites by storing vend data in a SQL table. To my understanding, adding the support for such a feature isn't too difficult, and I'd commit it myself if I was proficient in C and if everyone was alright with such a feature being added in as an optional feature.

Thoughts?

GodLesZ:

You're right, its not that hard to implement.

A simple database containing the venders and a cross database for the items of the shops.

Some querys to store and release the venders after opening and closing the chats and voila, thats it.

A bit more complex is something like "outgame-buying". Its based on the shop system and enables the player to buy items from the control panel without the need to login.

This is a high security vulnerability but also possible using a web service or something else which is able to talk to the server using packets.

But yes, sounds like a nice and attractiv feature.

But if we do this, the should also provide some basic shop overviews for the most common control panels.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  399

Still hoping to see this implemented. ;w;

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  197

currently the way the emu is coded, would not be possible without a huge rewrite or modificatons.

My server currently has the ability to display vending data and buy from vendors all through php/api

The way it was done in my server is, i had a coder add a socket into the map server where it listen on a specific port with a password of course. And with API we are able to retrieve data and edit data live without resetting or exporting data into mysql. Tho most check would have to be done via PHP cause if not it be messy. While its possible to

Display:

1. merchant name
  2. store name
  3. items vending< which include sockets, + , crafter name, and card in sockets>.
  4. vendor map and coords location.
  5. item sell price

buying:

• only send command to take the item from the merchant and give to the char.

But security checks need to be done via php example. probably best to check for:

• the account to be offline when purchasing.
  • probably best to temp ban the account for the time the transaction is being done.
  • make sure the webserver is located on the same box as server database to reduce any form of lag which may cause duplication.
  • maybe make a system that logs and can check itself for possible duplication due to lag spike.
  • make a menu where the person would select the char that is purchasing and check to see if that char has the correct amount of zeny
  • remove zeny from that char.

there is probably a few other check that need to be done. We still haven't made this live to our server and its still on testing in our test server. So far we have no complaint about displaying data. we still testing the ability to buy from a merchant.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55

This would be an incredibly useful feature. I know that there are websites that take from the official server information, including an active view of what's being sold at that moment, and even the position of the merchant.

Being that I don't have much PHP knowledge, though, I'm not sure how hard it would be to script. I'd imagine a coder would pay a hefty price for that addon. Though, I'm sure the owner of the website I'm talking about could easily be contacted.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  197

problem we are having is that we got the coding part of it down and done. we just need a person with very good knowledge and skills to do the php part. currently the viewing is done and integrated into flux cp as a addon. tho the php scripter that was working on it has been busy and has no time to finish the buying part so it put a stump on our testing.

• 1 year later...

STILL HOPING TO SEE THIS IMPLEMENTED ONE YEAR LATER. TOO STR0NKZ

• Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1195

/Le bump on this

this this this

http://ro.trojal.net/shops.php

Beg Trojal, let us sacrifice in his name and it may appease him.

• Group:  Development Manager
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  732

I have this working successfully. Although I don't have the nice GUI that Trojal has (it would be dependent on the server to write it). If something like this were implemented it would need to have an enable/disable flag as well.

• 1 year later...

• Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2997

Lemongrass implemented this in 27cbc7f.