Client Multiple Grf's

brayan305

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9

Hi guys i'm having trouble with enabling multiple grf's on any client.exe i try , i have tried so far every diff patcher , shin's patcher , the original ones ( i think )

and so far im not successful i can't make my client read my other Grf for some reason... Anyways

I am asking to anyone to please lend me a hand in here , how do i do it exactly or can you make me a client.exe ( fully english ) that reads multiple-grf's

and the basic things on it.. Anyways im using Renewal SVN 650 Version.

Again this is my last resort i tried everything so far on my own and i just can't figure it out on my own..Hoping to get some help.

12 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  383

You have to enable : EnableMultipleGRF diff when you're diffing your client.

Did you link your grf to the data.ini (main folder) ? In the data.ini what order did you choose for your grf ?

Yeah i did exactly as you said in there and also i did it in this order , And also when it patched it , it didn't really work..

[Data]

1=1st.grf

2=2nd.grf

3=rdata.grf

4=data.grf

How you know it doesn't work ? What kind a problem did you occure ? The problem can be due to another thing, like a wrong custom adding ...

Well that's were i'm really not sure of , i added 8 custom items into my "testing.grf = 2nd.grf" and when i go ingame to create it , it won't come up it only says "Item cannot be created - Item created"

That means that there are no .spr .act lua files etc. all that or am i wrong?

Custom item ? You mean hat with a view id ? If you get the message "Item cannot be created" the problem must be in the server side. Because if it's fine in the server side you can create it and get a gravity error due to a bad adding in your grf ...

So what did you use into your item_db ?

45001,Black_Avian_Wings,Black_Avian_Wings,5,,0,10,,10,,1,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,512,,1,1,1141,{},{},{}

45002,Blue_Avian_Wings,Blue_Avian_Wings,5,,0,10,,10,,1,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,512,,1,1,1142,{},{},{}

45003,Brown_Avian_Wings,Brown_Avian_Wings,5,,0,10,,10,,1,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,512,,1,1,1143,{},{},{}

45004,Cyan_Avian_Wings,Cyan_Avian_Wings,5,,0,10,,10,,1,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,512,,1,1,1144,{},{},{}

45005,Gold_Avian_Wings,Gold_Avian_Wings,5,,0,10,,10,,1,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,512,,1,1,1145,{},{},{}

45006,Green_Avian_Wings,Green_Avian_Wings,5,,0,10,,10,,1,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,512,,1,1,1146,{},{},{}

45007,Orange_Avian_Wings,Orange_Avian_Wings,5,,0,10,,10,,1,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,512,,1,1,1147,{},{},{}

45008,Pink_Avian_Wings,Pink_Avian_Wings,5,,0,10,,10,,1,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,512,,1,1,1148,{},{},{}

And i shouldn't get gravity error cuz i did added the customs right , but i just made a new grf , cuz my 1st grf is already too full..

Hmm the max item ID allowed is 32k if I remember ... You can always try with lower IDs.

Let me try give me a second -- Anyways since your helping me on this ( Thanks a lot , i appreciate it. ) Do you know anything of how to make a patcher work using no-ip and wamp?hosting it through your own pc.

---------------Update it kind of works now? i think it works , i just see every item from 2nd.grf as an apple and if i equip them i can't see them-----------

What am i missing?

Edited by brayan305

If you see an apple it means that your item doesn't exist in your item_db (or SQL). But you have been able to create it because it was present before.

For indicate the server, you must edit clientinfo.xml (included in your grf, you can also use it from the data folder). If you got a no-ip adress use it in <address></address>

If you see an apple it means that your item doesn't exist in your item_db (or SQL). But you have been able to create it because it was present before.

For indicate the server, you must edit clientinfo.xml (included in your grf, you can also use it from the data folder). If you got a no-ip adress use it in <address></address>

Anyways i just wanna put some custom items on a 2nd GRF with out erroring and for my client.exe to pick it up.

I know what your trying to say. and i do know this but maybe i expressed in a bad way that you didn't understand what i said , What im trying to say is that

im using wamp server with a website. but no matter how many times i followed up to 7 guides so far , i can't work with the neoncube / patcher , as it won't work 4 me.

im just asking , is it possible for neoncube to work with wamp/no-ip websites ( the ones your hosting on your own )

Edited by brayan305

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  102

the view number of your wings is wrong

The error can be in both side .. Client and server. Adding a custom item doesn't only happens in the Client.

View ids seems corrects but only if you have enable : "IncreaseHeadgearViewID" to up to 1999.

You have also the reading priority of the data.ini, did your modified LUA files are read first ?

For the patcher, It's surely possible, I've never try. But you can use a web host a redirect the patcher into. It might works with the google code storage.