Script Release Moderators...Please?

Pneuma

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  846

We need moderators to moderate that section to stop people from releasing simple and already posted scripts such as Coin Exchangers and "GM Tools"; Seriously, if one guy makes a well-made one that has a bunch of features then sure he can release it, but then another person comes by with a really simple one then that topic should be removed :/ It'll help with clutter

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  189

</3 You hate my Coin Exchanger script don't you. But I didn't even know there was one already. +1 on this c;

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  392

There are already moderators for that; Admins, Global Mods, Scripting Mods, etc..And I agree that simple scripts shouldn't be allowed, but since there aren't much scripts right now, anything would help for starters.

• Upvote 1

</3 You hate my Coin Exchanger script don't you. But I didn't even know there was one already. +1 on this c;

Hahaha, No this wasn't pointed directly at you my friend. I'm sure once people start joining the new eA people will be putting up coin exchangers and such so they can be considered a 'scriptor'. But seriously, I made the first Promotional Code script on eAthena but I never shared it until one guy decided to make one for everyone and release it :/ which ruined my unique idea...

Hahaha, No this wasn't pointed directly at you my friend. I'm sure once people start joining the new eA people will be putting up coin exchangers and such so they can be considered a 'scriptor'. But seriously, I made the first Promotional Code script on eAthena but I never shared it until one guy decided to make one for everyone and release it :/ which ruined my unique idea...

Well yeah that's true. Well. Now if feel like a noob at scripting after watching Z3R0's guide and I only watched the 1st Chapter which is basically only the commands mes, close, next, and close2 xD. And making an npc ;_____; My scripts are to simple :). Must take precautionary actions, must increase script difficulty ;_________; xD

Well yeah that's true. Well. Now if feel like a noob at scripting after watching Z3R0's guide and I only watched the 1st Chapter which is basically only the commands mes, close, next, and close2 xD. And making an npc ;_____; My scripts are to simple :). Must take precautionary actions, must increase script difficulty ;_________; xD

Here's a site I use for all my script commands :D the only ones it doesn't have are the newest ones in RE like RentItem

eAthena Script Commands

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  392

My scripts are to simple :). Must take precautionary actions, must increase script difficulty ;_________; xD

I'd suggest you to create minigames, like poring catcher or things alike, and everytime you need a script, TRY to make your own instead of using one from eA or any other related website. That helped me a lot when I started, and now ..I'm pretty good.

Edited by Noah

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  615

I understand your frustration. As others have pointed out...

A ) we do not have a lot of content here... (Kinda sad, but true)

B ) Maybe create a post and you can simply have a topic that you keep updated to show everyone's different version and types of NPC's?

C ) There is a report feature, (Every Moderator, Admin) gets an alert (and it is CONSTANTLY on our screen) so we have no choice but to know about it... on old eAthena all we got was a PM and if we forgot about it, or deleted the PM we had no way of remembering... the ModCP that we use here, is in constant swing and we ALWAYS know if there are reports that have gone unanswered...

So I urge you, if you feel there is a problem, and you do not have the power to do anything about it. Feel free to report it. We will review the report and determine the action to take, if any.

I typically respond back to the original reporter to tell them my findings and actions of the requested report, so they know the action was dealt with.

*Edit* Also, I am not going to "Bash" and say someone cannot release something simply based on their script level.

If the script itself works... Then it IS a valid script, simple as it may be, it functions.

Maybe someone doesn't need all the bells and whistles of an advanced script? maybe someone just wants something to do a simplistic task.

Just because the version Player A released was not as advanced as say the version Player B released, does not mean Player A's script should no longer be valid...

My scripts are to simple :). Must take precautionary actions, must increase script difficulty ;_________; xD

I'd suggest you to create minigames, like poring catcher or things alike, and everytime you need a script, TRY to make your own instead of using one from eA or any other related website. That helped me a lot when I started, and now ..I'm pretty good.

I don't use scripts from the old eAthena anymore considering this is more active. And I make my own scripts now, ;_;, and have someone else review it c: (Emistry) xD jk o-o

<3 Z3R0 accepts my newbieness c:

Edited by iFoxkun

• Content Count:  615

well iFoxKun just keep following my tutorials and you'll be up there in no time :) lol

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2223

One of the things you can do to help is rate people's releases!

We have enabled Topic Ratings in all downloads/release sections, so just click the 1-2-3-4-or-5 stars at the top (above the topic title). :D

post-237-0-11144600-1322416388_thumb.png

Hiring staff is one of the things on our to do list.

There is no "Staff Applications" topic yet, but if anyone would like to apply now, you can PM an application to one of the staff and we will review it.

well iFoxKun just keep following my tutorials and you'll be up there in no time :D lol

Someone who believes in me ;D

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  318

Maybe in the future, this position can be possible? Or at least, a moderator can organize threads/delete the ones that are just repeats.

At the moment, I don't believe it's necessary unless we want to plan ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1315

*Edit* Also, I am not going to "Bash" and say someone cannot release something simply based on their script level.

If the script itself works... Then it IS a valid script, simple as it may be, it functions.

Maybe someone doesn't need all the bells and whistles of an advanced script? maybe someone just wants something to do a simplistic task.

Just because the version Player A released was not as advanced as say the version Player B released, does not mean Player A's script should no longer be valid...

This is so true. A script is still a script however simplistic it might be.

We all started not knowing anything once. Everyone should be given a fair chance to develop their skills.

Maybe if anything, Script Release could possibly be divided into sub-categories like

- PvP and GVG (PvP Rankins, Guild Rankings, etc..)

- WOE (WoE Controllers, WoE Modifications...)

- Utilities (Heals, Buffers, Refiners...etc)

- Quests (Headgear Quests, other quests)

- Mini-games (Kill the Poring!, Dice, Stop the Clock...etc)

- Collections (Collections of scripts from a specific person)

- Others (If it doesn't fit anywhere else.)

Edited by Arcenciel

• Content Count:  386

We all started not knowing anything once. Everyone should be given a fair chance to develop their skills.

Maybe if anything, Script Release could possibly be divided into sub-categories like

+1 for Arcencial i agree with this one.

Seems nice with Categories of script so that easily to find.

Regards,

Mindless

+1 for Arcencial i agree with this one.

Seems nice with Categories of script so that easily to find.

Regards,

Mindless

Yes but, would they have to continuously keep adding new subcategories to the forums, well, what if 1 subcategory only has 1 and doesn't grow? So pretty much it will just take up space. There is 1 thing though, "A Search Feature."

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1315

Think of other categories besides those that I listed. I'm pretty sure I covered most of them.

And It's kinda impossible to have one of those subcategories I listed to not grow...ok maybe the Quest won't...

I know we have the search feature but that is irrelevant because we're trying to get scripts organized here.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  55

As I'm a fan of organization, I'm all for subcategories that are organized, as well as people keeping a keen eye on releases. Unless there's a specific function inside of the scrip that differentiates it from all of the others, then they should be removed.

• Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  1335

^ And I'm fan of her redaction

Edited by Olrox

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  387

I agree that scripts that are the -same- should be removed. Who wants to see 25 coin exchangers when they all do the same thing? Not I. But if there is only 1 simple script for a mini game, no matter HOW SIMPLE the mini game is, it shouldn't be removed, just because its 'simple'.

Now if the game was improved upon, I suppose so. I'm not really sure since I don't script and I don't really know whats 'good' and 'bad' as far as scripting is concerned. But I do know that if there are 25 of the same 'script' so to speak, then i'd want 24 of them to be removed.

As far as simplicity is concerned, saying if the script is simple don't allow it to be released, that's like saying if a map is too simple don't release it or if some loading screens / web design is too simple don't release it.

We all started out somewhere, right?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  737

Since there no much content right now, isn't the time to list all released script in a pinned topic, so people will see what already posted and may avoid posting it again. Also it's much easier to do it now and addind little by little, (moderator keep a track at this), then wait it's too crowdy with lame scripts..

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  38

I kind of agree to removal for this, but there are still pros and cons to this issues.

Sometime simple can also help others such as newbies who totally know nothing regarding to scripting. This can improve their scripting skill or at least able to modify the script to what they need. Advanced script is usually useful but does not mean everyone can modify the script since the way that the owner script is way too advanced.

Although, it's really annoying for same script released on the board.

• Upvote 1