• Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  241

I hope we can test it soon :)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  59

Wow, This is great :)contact me if you have a beta test .. I want to try this out :) Good luck

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  311

Yeah overall this is the great project i've ever seen! so professional and not so easy to make.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3

This is awesome. Though, it will work as a browser game (with those loading percents, and then saves the files loaded to a temporary folder)?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  615

Wow, this is the first I have seen roBrowser, and I'm impressed, that is really something!

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  379

This is awesome. Though, it will work as a browser game (with those loading percents, and then saves the files loaded to a temporary folder)?

The files aren't saved on a temporary folder (you can't do this in javascript - privilege issue), I used the browser cache to avoid to download them again later (and I try to see if I can have benefit to use HTML5 FileSystem).

Thank you for comments :)

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  250

This is really amazing. Got a question though how about the people who have low speed internet XD

Maybe a "Project" section could be good...

Agreed... This is a good idea

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  974

can we play? :))

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  148

As I already said, such an amazing work, never seen such a project

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38

I'm amazed =o, it seems to be a great work, I would love to see how you did all of that. I'm looking forward for it to be open-source and I'm pretty sure I could learn a lot from it :).

In another note, it makes me wonder why there is not an open-source desktop client; the possibilities for customization would be huge.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  318

I'm really looking forward to this. I prefer browser games because I hate long downloads XD. I love the website! It's a bit laggy to me though. Amazing graphics <3, and keep up the good work! Can't wait to try it =D.

Thank you for all your posts :)

This is really amazing. Got a question though how about the people who have low speed internet XD
Since all game resources have to be download... It sux to have a low speed internet to play :D

That's why I worked on the GRF Viewer to read local GRF instead to download resources (but It sux lol)...

can we play? :))

Currently no, it will be in beta in few weeks; but the access will be reserved to a limited number of person (I will create a post for this).

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  974

i wanna be one who can try it :3

I think all admins / mods should get first dibs @ beta :)

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  241

Haha good one z3r0 , I'm already reserved btw :)

• Content Count:  95

^ LOL you two. D: Not fair, us wants to play too. :)

I'm impressed. Nice work, I'll expect more updates can't wait for it's public beta. .:)

• Upvote 1

I meant at least give us "reserved" spots, and still let other members in extra ones :)

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  318

Or, let the users currently here try first =D. But, that's all up to you! Can't wait for your post about the beta version soon <3. It's much easier to invite my friends to play on a browser game instead of making them download something big as RO (not that it is the largest game, but still...).

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38

Or, let the users currently here try first =D. But, that's all up to you! Can't wait for your post about the beta version soon <3. It's much easier to invite my friends to play on a browser game instead of making them download something big as RO (not that it is the largest game, but still...).

Yeah :D... The users that showed interest first =D

Edited by Erid

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  109

This project seems pretty interesting I heard about it from someone over msn awhile ago but the one question i do have for you is you said that vanguard and other anti hack and bot systems can't be used on this system but what stops people from directly browser hacking and ruining your game like for example using cheat engine to edit value's like money and all of that usually its really easy for people to do that theyre always hacking candystand.com games. While it seems like an awesome project I think the botting and hacking community could really crush something like this or cost you alot of time and money.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  69

awesome :D

This project seems pretty interesting I heard about it from someone over msn awhile ago but the one question i do have for you is you said that vanguard and other anti hack and bot systems can't be used on this system but what stops people from directly browser hacking and ruining your game like for example using cheat engine to edit value's like money and all of that usually its really easy for people to do that theyre always hacking candystand.com games. While it seems like an awesome project I think the botting and hacking community could really crush something like this or cost you alot of time and money.

roBrowser is just a client (running in a browser), not a server !

There is a lot of check client-side to avoid cheat but don't forget that there is also all the server-side check. So yeah you can modify zeny-items with some cheat softwares as all current servers but don't forget that this modifications aren't save in the server.

The only reason than I don't support Anti-Cheat solution is just that I don't know how they encrypt packets. And if ever I'll find this encryption key, all bots will use it and the encryption method will change.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  109

roBrowser is just a client (running in a browser), not a server !

There is a lot of check client-side to avoid cheat but don't forget that there is also all the server-side check. So yeah you can modify zeny-items with some cheat softwares as all current servers but don't forget that this modifications aren't save in the server.

The only reason than I don't support Anti-Cheat solution is just that I don't know how they encrypt packets. And if ever I'll find this encryption key, all bots will use it and the encryption method will change.

Well at the same time you probly wouldn't want to use the same encryption method anyway they use UPX encryption which is why it gives false positives with antivirus but if you made your own would be better in that sense something that simply packs data clients might be useful for people who want there customs safe. And of course something that doesn't set off antivirus on false positives would keep it user friendly. But it looks really good anyhow something needs to kill runescape anyways lol. The other thing I was wondering is you mentioned that it requires a good connection does that mean that the game over all require's higher system requirements and if so what does it require?

And also RSM wise is the structure the same and does it use the same limits or is the creation of new models different. Example

within the normal game client if you go over 5,000 poly's within a model it starts to have texture problems and if you go over 7,000 vertical textures the model causes you to crash because the game rendering wasn't ment to go so high (besides the fact it takes longer to load more lag within game too)

Edited by TrueNoir