Spanish Support

Drama

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64

Ok guys, im in this forum from a few years ago, when i start using eathena obviously y get here via google and try to start learning i use the already dead section of Spanish support, no One response to my old topics.

then tried English support with my poor english but really guys the mods or better say the users wont treat me well when they see im of hispanic speaking, may they think of them as superior or i dont know but his response always was in a bad mood.

Due that i seek another forum for support and due that i go to rune (bad choise) then i hear and found divinero from starting from 0 now i can say im at a 70 or 80% and i already are one of their mods and a Scripter of intermediate level.

It's Ok, you guys want to try to revitalize the old spanish section but as Jguy was said, probably that would be a mistake and the section will be dead again, i hope it wont happen, but be realistics, A great quantity of eA users move to Divine due here wont get any kind of support, even if they ask for it in the english section, i get a lot of testimonials from many users that registered in Divine.

Like Eves already say,

DivineRO will still be there for anyone spanish that want support. And even for link it again when you see that the way of a link is better.

So if that is your decition, we should respect it, and like Noa also say:

There can be some kind of deal with DivineRagnarokOnline Forums, let's say, why not just let both of our communities share their stuff in your forum and my forum, advertise in both, that way, people from both boards will be sharing information without having that kind of exclusivity or competence.

I think it was the idea from the beggining, linking Divine to the new eAthena should be a way to recover the trusth of the people who already lost it due his experience with the old forum, may in that way they fell more reliable to share and return to this comunity.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  615

Agreed with All Points above.

Link should be re-instated.

My original post was made under the assumption that this was an actual RO Server (in this case it is not). There is a DivineRO server (which is what drew me to this...)

In any case, they have a VERY big number of people, and I suggest it stays as the spanish section...

@DivineRO: What about english users going to your site? Do you redirect them back to us?

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  802

It was already announced to the community of DivineRO that eA was moving.

You can contact DivineRO easily by contacting me, I'm global mod in DivineRO as well and I'll gladly translate and explain any messages eA wants to send /oh.

We shall talk about a redirect link to eA in DRO, would be a good way to get more visits here ;).

That's what I'm thinking, you write an english topic -> Can you read this? Go to eAthena.net/board

puede leer este? va a foro.divinero.net

• Content Count:  64

Obviously i think that should be the idea, thats why i say that should be a way to restore the trusth of the people who think of eA in a bad way for what they live in the past. Like it was already say, it should be a way to impprove both comunities, and also to impprove ourself at least me i give another try to eA now in try to learn about what i need that is SCR and i see here in eA is what you manage more /oh

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8

Of course i want a link back here, we have 6 years of history and always the only links allowed to share was from the official forum (eathena.net now)

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38

Well, I support the idea of linking to DivineRO again, it is and for years have been an active community, it has people that support it, experience and a lot to offer, I mean, the spanish section in eAthena just didn't survived, I went there too, it didn't made me want to stay.

I must say I came to this new eAthena forums thanks to DivineRO and I support the idea of them linking to this site too, it benefits both communities greatly.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  392

I respect everyone's point of view, It would've been better to add the spanish section and also the redirect link (it's mostly that I really feel more comfortable using IPB but well, maybe i'm just too picky).

Of course i want a link back here, we have 6 years of history and always the only links allowed to share was from the official forum (eathena.net now)

Thanks for that.

Edited by Noah

Yea... this was totally my bad for raising the uproar, and I do want to apologize to DivineRO for not checking out the site before I questioned it... I knew of a server called DivineRO so I immediately thought it was in relation... my bad?

• Content Count:  8

DivineRO haven't got any server and we won't have it never. DivineRO is neutral at that point, we offer support to server admins, and we don't want to compete with them.

• Topic Count:  177
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  909

I think it's perfect all points of view ... but I'm still not agree.....

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  120

I think it's perfect all points of view ... but I'm still not agree.....

Doing a favour to English native speakers...

I think all points of view are perfect ... but I still disagree.....

Ziu, everybody here is giving reasons except you. After reading the whole topic, I still don't get if you want some sort of forever-alone Spanish forum here or what.

Every Spanish speaker involved with eAthena is already in DivineRO, whether you like it or not, you have to accept this. Otherwise, please tell us where are they. If a new forum is created here, I don't really know who's going to be asking for Spanish help in this site, all the FAQs, Guides, Materials, etc are already posted in DivineRO. The whole community of Spanish people is there... come on. Unless you force them to move all the materials, nobody is going to come here... (and you can't do that)

Most of the Spanish speakers who posted in this section got to know of this site thanks to DivineRo's link. eAthena will not loose active spanish users because it never had one.

I expect you'll think about the situation and change your mind.

• Content Count:  70

Leeg, one thing is that in the old forums there aren´t enough activity... but saying that eAthena has never had active spanish users... I think is ok to have only DivineRO as spanish support secion or create a new one here with a link to DivineRO. I think we all must agree with the final decision of the Staff.

Every Spanish speaker involved with eAthena is already in DivineRO, whether you like it or not, you have to accept this. Otherwise, please tell us where are they.

I'd kind of have to disagree; Not everyone likes the forum version that DivineRO uses, not to mention the ads that it has in everysingle thread, and forum's main page. As I stated, comfort is something not many forums have and eA was definitely one of them (that has I mean).

(I'm not talking about myself though..)

@darkmeistersp: unfortunately not everyone will ever agree to everything that a staff says or do.

PS: Lol your sig...

Edited by Noah

• Topic Count:  177
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  909

mods of the Spanish section of the forums.... left to die the section...... why?....

the answer is obvious ...

the solution is easy... change the inactive mods.....

@Leed: leeg:

http://eathena.net/b...dpost__p__52939

ok??......

Edited by Ziu

You guys seem to ignore any word I say, when I have already been a Spanish mod and I'm well aware of the situation. I was also a Spanish mod on RUNE and the spanish graphics community was there. When it closed, I just went to DivineRO and asked the admin to add a Graphics(Spriting and Mapping forum) and it got active after some months. If you really want to contribute to the community, you will have your section in any forum. Since I started working on DivineRO, I contributed with 30+ mapping guides, 20+ spriting guides, and offered people to join a Pixel Art academy inside the forum. I would have never done this in a dead inactive community such as the old Spanish section (heck, I didn't contribute that much even in RUNE).

Problem weren't the inactive mods, we were 6, but we had no activity (no users wanted to use that section). First of all, that section was run by mods with bad reputation in the Spanish community. In the second hand, a international section isn't a good place for a big community like the Spanish one. We needed another forum in another place, such as DivineRO. Sometimes some sections become small for a community (for example, the graphics community moved to RUNE when it was too active, and returned to eA when many artists left RO world). However, this isn't happening in the Spanish community, and DivineRO is bigger and better every year.

Ziu: There aren't potential Spanish mods in eA. Neither there is a Spanish community interested in being active in that section. So it will fail hard. That's not a solution. Even if you release 9999 scripts or whatever, that section will remain inactive. We won't add an international section to let a few users release their stuff there because they are too busy to register in another forum. A dead section is worse for us.

Noah: DivineRO is pretty big and needs a good host, that host is not free, so don't complain about ads. If you want to complain about this matter, please, give serious arguments. It's really interesting how you dislike DivineRO community just because it has ads, and you say absolutely nothing about the old Spanish section. I would like to ask you to leave this conversation since you are not helping at all, just talking about this matter without any previous experience nor knowledge in the Spanish section history.

Anyway, everybody already expressed his/her opinion, we don't need to talk anymore since things are pretty clear.

I won't support another Spanish section in eA. That's my final view on this.

• Upvote 1

You guys seem to ignore any word I say, when I have already been a Spanish mod and I'm well aware of the situation. I was also a Spanish mod on RUNE and the spanish graphics community was there. When it closed, I just went to DivineRO and asked the admin to add a Graphics(Spriting and Mapping forum) and it got active after some months. If you really want to contribute to the community, you will have your section in any forum. Since I started working on DivineRO, I contributed with 30+ mapping guides, 20+ spriting guides, and offered people to join a Pixel Art academy inside the forum. I would have never done this in a dead inactive community such as the old Spanish section (heck, I didn't contribute that much even in RUNE).

Blahblahblahblah... However, this isn't happening in the Spanish community, and DivineRO is bigger and better every year.

No one is denying DivineRO is indeed a great community. And no one is also saying you haven't contribute to the communities related to eAthena.

Noah: DivineRO is pretty big and needs a good host, that host is not free, so don't complain about ads. If you want to complain about this matter, please, give serious arguments. It's really interesting how you dislike DivineRO community just because it has ads, and you say absolutely nothing about the old Spanish section. I would like to ask you to leave this conversation since you are not helping at all, just talking about this matter without any previous experience nor knowledge in the Spanish section history.

You might want to read this again:

I'd kind of have to disagree; Not everyone likes the forum version that DivineRO uses, not to mention the ads that it has in everysingle thread, and forum's main page. As I stated, comfort is something not many forums have and eA was definitely one of them (that has I mean).

(I'm not talking about myself though..)

Noah: DivineRO is pretty big and needs a good host, that host is not free, so don't complain about ads.

This didn't make any sense at all. "DivineRO needs a good host, but the current isn't free so don't complain about ads?" o_O

If you want to complain about this matter, please, give serious arguments.

Oh come on...Give me a break. And you're saying that it's me the one that have been ignoring what you've been saying.

You might as well read this:

I respect everyone's point of view, It would've been better to add the spanish section and also the redirect link (it's mostly that I really feel more comfortable using IPB but well, maybe i'm just too picky).

Thanks for that.

Also note that feeling comfortable in eA, doesn't mean I'm complaining about the ads of D-RO, I was just saying what could also be annoying for other users.

What pisses me off is that you guys have been talking in this thread without giving real reasons, because that forces me to answer and lose my time with useless conversation. This topic is to discuss what to do, not to say if you think its better or worse without reasons. You can't mention that thing about ads if you don't consider it's something seriously related with what to do (it's like saying "I don't like that forum's color"). I will take everything someone says in this thread as an advantage or disadvantage on linking the Spanish section to DivineRO. So avoid talking about non-relevant things such as ads, because what I will understand is that you are complaining (even if you aren't).

"DivineRO needs a good host, but the current isn't free so don't complain about ads?"

I meant that hosting DivineRO is expensive (so ads become necessary).

No one is denying DivineRO is indeed a great community. And no one is also saying you haven't contribute to the communities related to eAthena.

I don't care about that. As I said before, this thread is to discuss if we should link DivineRO to eA or not. We were comparing DRO with the old Spanish section. And I wasn't talking about myself, but about the former Spanish mods. If your section gets closed, you will find another forum where you will be able to contribute and even be promoted to moderator there (I explained this based on what happened to me when RUNE closed).

Have I explained myself?

Sorry if I'm disturbing you, but we can't lose time discussing something we shouldn't even discuss. We made clear that DivineRO isn't a RO server, just an active Spanish community which gives eA support and can replace the old Spanish section. As former Spanish mod, my recommendation should have been enough to take that decision.

What pisses me off is that you guys have been talking in this thread without giving real reasons, because that forces me to answer and lose my time with useless conversation. This topic is to discuss what to do, not to say if you think its better or worse without reasons. You can't mention that thing about ads if you don't consider it's something seriously related with what to do (it's like saying "I don't like that forum's color"). I will take everything someone says in this thread as an advantage or disadvantage on linking the Spanish section to DivineRO. So avoid talking about non-relevant things such as ads.

"DivineRO needs a good host, but the current isn't free so don't complain about ads?"

I meant that hosting DivineRO is expensive (so ads become necessary).

I don't care about that. As I said before, this thread is to discuss if we should link DivineRO to eA or not. We were comparing DRO with the old Spanish section. And I wasn't talking about myself, but about the former Spanish mods. If your section gets closed, you will find another forum where you will be able to contribute and even be promoted to moderator there (I explained this based on what happened to me when RUNE closed).

Have I explained myself?

You have explained yourself already, eversince your first posts that you made, I just want to clear some points in this last one;

I don't think that I have been talking in this thread without giving real reasons, I don't think there was no reason of why you included me into what Ziu has been saying, I'm not defending him or anyone. I'm just giving my point of view and it's not fair that you bring me down to it when if you READ carefully there's really nothing between Ziu and me, I think his post didn't even make sense at all and I couldn't care less about that.

* I also didn't mention anything about the old mods.

Also, the color/skin/theme of any forum is really important otherwise there wouldn't be a thread 'bout that in this forum's suggestions, and you should know that since you're a graphic designer (somehow you're related to art; Artists are too picky).

edit:

There's nothing else to talk about, I respect the decision that was made even if I do not agree with it.

Edited by Noah

• Content Count:  33

Just use the spanish forum of the board to get the topics as the filipino one and pin a redirect to their board with an announce about how they can get full support there easier then here even if this is the roots of everything.

If people want to post there, let them post there, if they want to post here, let them post here.

My honest opinion? The admin of there wants more spanish fanboys active there to keep making money with the ads to make it be worth to have them there but let's ignore this fact because this is just my opinion because everybody loves to keep the money pig working when it provides good money every month even if most of that probably is used to pay the bills[well, we suppose/believe that is for that] but let's not jump for that because that's for another day and not what we're discussing at the moment.

Btw, br users don't use only breathena [and most of them don't even care about that], they use mostly Cronus[and I think many know that and just forgot it at the moment] that is much more advanced in the development according what I saw already from a friend there even if some of the staff in their forums are big assholes that love to ignore people asking for help and because of that many users there preferred to use, in most of the cases, eathena for that and then making worth to have the sections again.

While you're in there make some for others too[yes, it would be needed new mods yadda yadda yadda... someone talked already with the ones from eathena.ws?], let's get this active like before. Add the same as I suggested for the spanish but their languages versions if available.

It can be a nice feature too and try to check/ask the same to them[a eathena link at their forums making this a I support you while you support the mother too].

I'm saying this because usually people come here when they want to get general help. Having a special section for their language makes them be more at home when their english sucks or they're not so good with it when they want to try to explain their problems and a pic doesn't show many things except "Houston we have a problem in a *insert language* laguange" and if they need some specific help and here is not enough they can get it at the specialized forums.

Making this working can also get us, the eathena community, get more publicity. Maybe this can work so nice that some uers can see some good feature in the others and do the translation to english here after talking to the creator to get the credits and the approval making it, in the far end, a bigger community in here with some roots around. You know how some people work better when they can express better if the ground they're working is more familiar.

tl;dr - I do BIG POSTS, I know :V but my ideas are always in them and I can't summarize them good enough so open the spoiler only if you're ready for it

PS - Why do we've html tags inside the spoiler ._. [at least I'm seeing them at the preview after using a spoiler tag even if I fixed it with a copy/paste html ninja execution]

Edited by Triper

That's enough for now... People can use this topic to talk about a redirect link, not about their opinion on admin's intentions. You are wrong Triper, DivineRO already has the majority of Spanish users, we aren't looking for new Spanish fanboys.

Topic closed, enough useless comments have been posted already.