Spanish Support

Drama

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17

Well im just wondering if we can get one on the board.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  802

As former Spanish moderator, I believe that redirecting it to another board will be better, since Spanish forum was absolutely dead. Actually, many eA Spanish moderators moved to http://www.foro.divinero.net/ (included myself) to give RO&eA support. There is a great activity and constant contributions in that community.

Ah alright

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  241

That would be better Jguy :), atleast that helps some traffic for eA SF :D

• Topic Count:  177
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  909

I totally disagree with this measure......

:)

Well, it's not what we think is right. Whatever will make the Spanish Support section its best will probably be DevilEvil's idea. If they want to move it or redirect it, then they know what is best for the spanish community. I'll agree with whatever is best.

Edited by Mystogan

I totally disagree with this measure......

:)

You should defend you point of view :S. Right now that site has plenty of useful guides (scripting, source, eA-related guides, mapping, spriting, etc.), nice support, and an active community. And the majority of eA Spanish Mods are mods there as well (mainly because in eA Spanish section there was low activity). I believe it's a good idea to redirect the Spanish support there, but I'd like to know your point of view as well.

• Topic Count:  177
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  909

I fully understand your position .....but... I think if we eAthena forum to use this forum ......why?

because other forum...have other Admin, other rules...basically another life .....

for example:

If I want to share some of my scripts (routinely in Spanish) I have to register on another forum and share there, without giving an opportunity for the eathena community... translated into English and share...

is my opinion.....

Yeah, I understand what you say, but that section was pretty much inactive, had inactive moderators, few guides, almost no support, and we couldn't do anything to change that situation (though we tried in the past). It may be a bit annoying to register, but you will share your stuff in an active community and at least you will get some feedback. If I wasn't sure this will be good for us, I wouldn't recommend to add a redirect link.

Regarding the staff, not only me but many moderators from eA are also moderators there :). We share our stuff and give support there because we were looking for an active Spanish community.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8

On DivineRO we have a very hard and intensive revision of all our materials and guides, all inside closed section are approved by recognized eA developers, from eA and from the spanish side of community, i think this way is the best idea for an international support, we can't make again the errors from the past, outdated international sections and really bad moderators and support.

With this, all spanish people get a community with 6 years of history and a solid traffic to language side forums. I understand what you say, new rules, new forum, and new accounts, but you can share your work, here on english and there on spanish, with links to both post, with a few time we can get a strong interlanguage supra-community.

Thanks by the way to the new administrators of eAthena project, from DivineRO, me Eves, as Administrator of DivineRO, and all my staff.

Please, refer to DevilEvil as staff bridge of our communities with some suggestion or dispointment, he pleasurely will transfer to me and i will take part on all of your opinons and ideas.

Regards, Eves, Administrator of DivineRO

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  70

I see now the official Spanish Section is DivineRO, I don´t have nothing wrong with DivineRO, but not all the Spanish Moderators have taken part in this change. I know is better because DivineRO is more active than the old Spanish Section of eAthena, but no one have asked the Spanish Moderators if wee agree with this change :) Now i´m not moderator anymore XD. Do whatever you think is better to the community.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  392

I'd also have to disagree with the decision that was taken, I definitely think a Spanish Forum should be part of this community.

- Comfort that we all have in eAthena.

- Not everyone feels like also registering in another forum.

- The Spanish-moderators that were in the old eA might as well loose their roll as part of the community.

- It is definitely and it has been proven that the more variaty of sites with ' X ' information is the best way to compile and generate new information.

I'm sure there might be some more, but well, let's not go through that.

The best option might be.

To add the Spanish Forum and as well in the sub-forum you might add a Redirect to DivineRagnarokOnline forums (as a, if this information is not enough, you might as well look here -> link).

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  615

I kind of have to agree with Noah...

We should aid in the support of what we can here, with who we have in the event SOMEONE wants to use eAthena (or alternate name emulator that we may change to)... We shouldn't direct them to a different emulator, that has no say about eAthena (or blah blah blah)...

What if they don't want to use that emulator? Are we not going to provide spanish support for it?

brAthena is not using eAthena... if a BR was using eAthena and having problems where would they go? or are we trying to force them to use brAthena because they are BR?

• Upvote 1

There are many advantages in what I have recommended. First of all, the community of DivineRO gathered professional staff members to give eA support, as well as other type of support (such as graphics, scripting, etc.). We don't have to care about staff members that we don't even know if they are doing it good or not.

It is definitely and it has been proven that the more variaty of sites with ' X ' information is the best way to compile and generate new information.

eA.ws doesn't redirect to this site, so we actually need some type of advertising. Having the support of other active communities will help us grow faster (we should start thinking that way). We won't get anything by having another dead Spanish section.

Spanish mods already tried to increase the activity in that section and we completely failed (best thing I could do was applying for graphics mod, because I did absolutely nothing in that section). Considering we recently moved, I don't expect any increase in the activity in the Spanish section (actually I expect even less activity). I have been telling Spanish mods to apply to English mods if they have enough experience. They can also be promoted to moderators in DivineRO community as well (if they contribute and are active enough). Nobody will be giving free mod powers, obviously.

The Spanish-moderators that were in the old eA might as well loose their roll as part of the community.

I think you are wrong. I left the Spanish forum when I was an International mod (since it was dead), but I didn't left eA. And you say Spanish moderatorS, but the only moderator I see here is darkmeister, because others seem to be inactive.

I'd also like to say that almost all Spanish Mods have been inactive for long time. In DivineRO, staff is pretty nice managed, and you get fired if you aren't active/don't support/don't contribute.

My two cents.

Z3R0 +1

When I was reading this thread [ http://eathena.net/b...uguese-support/ ] some hours ago I found it quite ridiculous, how are you going to redirect someone that's in our forums, using our version, to a completely different one, I mean of course it makes sense what Z3R0 said; And I will quote it here again:

We should aid in the support of what we can here, with who we have in the event SOMEONE wants to use eAthena (or alternate name emulator that we may change to)... We shouldn't direct them to a different emulator, that has no say about eAthena (or blah blah blah)...

And specially

brAthena is not using eAthena... if a BR was using eAthena and having problems where would they go? or are we trying to force them to use brAthena because they are BR?
The Spanish-moderators that were in the old eA might as well loose their roll as part of the community.

I think you are wrong. I left the Spanish forum when I was an International mod (since it was dead), but I didn't left eA. And you say Spanish moderatorS, but the only moderator I see here is darkmeister, because others seem to be inactive.

I'd also like to say that almost all Spanish Mods have been inactive for long time. In DivineRO, staff is pretty nice managed, and you get fired if you aren't active/don't support/don't contribute.

My two cents.

Of course the others are unactive, they've been in eA for too long, everything has its time, not everyone makes till the end, but anyways, YES darkmeister is here, but tell me now, what is he doing as an international mod? when there's not even a international support forum aside the 'Filipino' one.

(Also I'd like to add here that no one's judging DivineRO as a community, i'm just sharing what it could work better for eA).

Besides, we're recreating a new community, it doesn't have to forcely be the same staff that it was in the old eA, what we want is for this to work, and run as it should, and not try to slow things down.

Edited by Noah

Also to boot, not to sound bad, JGuy, isn't redirecting say "All Spanish Members" to DivineRO a HUGE advertisement?

Some people could see this as "Favorable" actions... (Just throwing it out there...)

Way huge if you ask me.

It's favourable to both parties imo.

I'd also like to say it's not a RO server though it's called DivineRO, just a RO&eA-related community.

If there is enough support for a new Spanish section, let's add it. But there have been no activity in the old Spanish sections in the last years.

Of course there was no activity, mods weren't doing anything (nor active), old eAthena was pretty dead itself already, the reason of why also spanish people weren't posting or creating, releasing, eAthena didn't update anything, they didn't care at all, I mean you have to give it a touch to the forums as well; Now...There can be some kind of deal with DivineRagnarokOnline Forums, let's say, why not just let both of our communities share their stuff in your forum and my forum, advertise in both, that way, people from both boards will be sharing information without having that kind of exclusivity or competence.

Just like:

I'll redirect my users to your boards if they can't find the information they're searching for, if you do the same. and not just with divine, might as well deal with other boards, I don't know what you guys think, since of course, I don't own a board as big as this one, nor this kind of community.

@Jguy: I know that you're not trying to disagree with us, we know you're doing what is best for this boards but if you compare old eAthena forums sections to another forum, I mean let's face it, eAthena has been dead itself for quite some months already. And trust me, I know you can deal with this and do the best for our community to get back as it was, or even better.

I've removed the redirect for now and left the forum visible. As I mentioned, the original intent was because there were no mods for it, it was not going to be created. I do not want sections without mods. That's what happened over at eathena.ws and we're not going to fall victim to the same mistake.

I know what you mean, and as I said, it doesn't have to be the staff that were in the old eAthena, I mean you're recreating the community.

- Not sure if I made myself clear -

Edited by Noah
  • Upvote 1

Quite honestly, there haven't been decent activity in the Spanish section when I was still mod in ro-enhance (2007). There were a lot of Intl mods and wasn't activity. So problem aren't forums. I have faced the activity lack in Spanish section for long time, so don't expect my support in this. The majority of Spanish devs moved to DivineRO looking for an active community and some feedback when they release their stuff (and some of them also asked me if I could recommend them as moderators for English forums, since they did nothing in the Intl section).

I'm looking at this issue from a realistic point of view.

I know what you mean, and as I said, it doesn't have to be the staff that were in the old eAthena, I mean you're recreating the community.

First of all Jman speaks English. Even if he puts all his efforts, he can't manage a Spanish section. He doesn't have time as well I guess, and obviously it's not the administrator's task. He can recreate the English community, but can't get the Spanish section active. We were 6 mods there, and we decided in the past to make changes in the section and increase the activity, and we had no luck at all. Now we have just an active mod (and I'm sure he's not expert in all RO fields to give complete support) and a dead Spanish community. Most Spanish users in eA doesn't even use that section (I don't use it for example).

In all honesty, I don't want to see another dead section that nobody uses. I recommended DivineRO because they have a good staff, a nice admin, an active community, a constant support and a huge collection of guides for eA, scripting, mapping, spriting, etc. The old Spanish forums had many years to show some activity and it failed, I don't think we should give it another try because two or three people think it's wrong (I can also send this thread to all the Spanish active developers and let them share their view on this as well, and you will notice it's not only my opinion).

Edit:

There can be some kind of deal with DivineRagnarokOnline Forums, let's say, why not just let both of our communities share their stuff in your forum and my forum, advertise in both, that way, people from both boards will be sharing information without having that kind of exclusivity or competence.

I'll talk with the admin of divine and see if this is possible. We should think about it and make sure it will work. I'd also like to have a Spanish section here with active mods and users, but that's not possible and my idea was to avoid another dead section.

First of all Jman speaks English. Even if he puts all his efforts, he can't manage a Spanish section. He doesn't have time as well I guess, and obviously it's not the administrator's task. He can recreate the English community, but can't get the Spanish section active. We were 6 mods there, and we decided in the past to make changes in the section and increase the activity, and we had no luck at all. Now we have just an active mod (and I'm sure he's not expert in all RO fields to give complete support) and a dead Spanish community. Most Spanish users in eA doesn't even use that section (I don't use it for example).

In all honesty, I don't want to see another dead section that nobody uses. I recommended DivineRO because they have a good staff, a nice admin, an active community, a constant support and a huge collection of guides for eA, scripting, mapping, spriting, etc. The old Spanish forums had many years to show some activity and it failed, I don't think we should give it another try because two or three people think it's wrong (I can also send this thread to all the Spanish active developers and let them share their view on this as well, and you will notice it's not only my opinion).

Of course it's the staff task to keep a forum running well and keep the community alive. First of all, you don't have to speak/write/type a certain language to deal with another organization or community, both can just talk in english and deal with whatever that can be done to satisfy both organizations/communities. It's just called making deals, and I'm pretty sure Jguy knows what I'm talking about or what I refer to.

I don't think we should give it another try because two or three people think it's wrong

Well as Jguy said, it was actually just you who stated that and no one else, even people that aren't even latins are here defending our point of view.

(I can also send this thread to all the Spanish active developers and let them share their view on this as well, and you will notice it's not only my opinion).

If that's what they think, then, how lame and dissapointing that is. They're spanishs for god's sake. And so are you. And again, no one's judging DivineRO, we all know they have a good staff and an active community.

I'll talk with the admin of divine and see if this is possible. We should think about it and make sure it will work. I'd also like to have a Spanish section here with active mods and users, but that's not possible and my idea was to avoid another dead section.

That's what I meant, and I'm pretty sure Jguy is also capable of doing that. And I'm sure there shouldn't be a problem if it's going to satisfy both communities. If we all collaborate, we'll get a decent product.

Edited by Noah

I stand Corrected. I did not realize that DRO was not a Server ... I did not want to be directing users to a Server DRO just for the sake of using their spanish support...

I'm totally cool with it now /oh Thanks for the clarification DevilEvil

@Z3R0, yeah, I thought you thought it was a server when you said advertisement /oh. Redirecting to a RO server would be insane lol.

Of course it's the staff task to keep a forum running well and keep the community alive. First of all, you don't have to speak/write/type a certain language to deal with another organization or community, both can just talk in english and deal with whatever that can be done to satisfy both organizations/communities. It's just called making deals, and I'm pretty sure Jguy knows what I'm talking about or what I refer to.

I don't think we should give it another try because two or three people think it's wrong

Well as Jguy said, it was actually just you who stated that and no one else, even people that aren't even latins are here defending our point of view.

(I can also send this thread to all the Spanish active developers and let them share their view on this as well, and you will notice it's not only my opinion).

If that's what they think, then, how lame and dissapointing that is. They're spanishs for god's sake. And so are you. And again, no one's judging DivineRO, we all know they have a good staff and an active community.

That's what I meant, and I'm pretty sure Jguy is also capable of doing that. And I'm sure there shouldn't be a problem if it's going to satisfy both communities. If we all collaborate, we'll get a decent product.

This.

People who didn't read that section can't judge properly. I'm aware of that forum since I were promoted to Spanish mod. Even if we were going to make a section and a redirect link to DRO, our new Spanish community in eA would be divine users, and not eA Spanish users (or a merge of users from both communities) since we don't have any Spanish community active here. We do have Spanish users in eA, but not in that section. We do have two problems now though. One of them is registration thing. I believe it's not such a great problem (how much can it take, 3 mins?). The other one is darkmeister. I guess he will be tested these days and sooner or later will be promoted either in DRO or eA (or in both).

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19

Even if my spanish is not quite good i been providing support for that community since a few months ago, as i thought eathena would die by fall 2011 and i wasn't wrong lol.

I started there just as a lurker by using google translate but i found a very nice community, mostly very active and a nice place to continue practicing my spanish /oh

By the time i started there, i received plenty of help from Mods and users with the language. Hell mostly of the pm's (90%) that i receive there are written in english to try to help me to understand correctly about their inquires.

So at this moment DivineRO is probably 10x bigger than the ea Spanish section as it best. So i don't see a point to keep an useless spanish section where "almost" no one made a post in years, when there is also another community better organized, more active and larger.

I saw a few post from darkmeistersp now helping the community there, so probably very soon he could catch up once again his Mod status if he continues helping like that.

For these reasons i support the points made by DevilEvil about this situation.

Regards,

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8

I see now your point, all rejecters. See the completely empty spanish section. Great Work.

DivineRO will still be there for anyone spanish that want support. And even for link it again when you see that the way of a link is better.