Any working client with the current version of rathena's master branch

matheuscscp

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3

Hi, I'm just trying to put together the most simple thing: rathena's master branch (done, I was able to compile and run the server successfully) + ANY working client. I followed this tutorial:

But in the end there's a crash when I open the skills tab, many people are complaining about it as well.

To be honest I don't really care which client I'm running, it just needs to not crash, be in english and work with rathena's latest version (the master branch as of today, for example). Could anybody please provide me a working client which I can simply point to my server? I'm even willing to pay a 100 bucks if somebody manages to help me with that, I just wanna put together a private server with a few NPCs to play some matches with my friends from the old times. I will write the NPCs myself, just need the client to work/not crash.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1507

5 hours ago, matheuscscp said:

Hi, I'm just trying to put together the most simple thing: rathena's master branch (done, I was able to compile and run the server successfully) + ANY working client. I followed this tutorial:

But in the end there's a crash when I open the skills tab, many people are complaining about it as well.

To be honest I don't really care which client I'm running, it just needs to not crash, be in english and work with rathena's latest version (the master branch as of today, for example). Could anybody please provide me a working client which I can simply point to my server? I'm even willing to pay a 100 bucks if somebody manages to help me with that, I just wanna put together a private server with a few NPCs to play some matches with my friends from the old times. I will write the NPCs myself, just need the client to work/not crash.

Thanks in advance!

Hello, depends on your client date, use the correct data folder for it.

You can use Chris English Translation but make sure read the wiki/instruction so that you know how to use it.

https://github.com/llchrisll/ROenglishRE