Gepard Shield 3.0 Error Message - GRF Encryption

Geezy

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5

Hi, everyone! I'm a freelance GRF modder and I've been wanting to encrypt my GRFs so that my edits are secured, however, when I use @Tokei's encryption feature in the GRF editor, it generates a cps.dll that replaces the server's existing cps.dll. Unfortunately, @Functor's Gepard Shield identifies this newly generated cps.dll as an illegal file and auto-deletes it which ends up screwing up the encrypted GRF. On the other hand, if I don't replace the existing cps.dll, the client crashes. Any thoughts on how to resolve this? Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

image.png

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1530

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Will it be like this every time tho? ? I don't wanna keep bugging him every time I make a GRF for different servers and the same problem arises. Plus, I think it's kind of hard to get a hold of him these days.

Usually people didnt changed their cps.dll. So it should be once when someone create the client and send to Gepard to diff Gepard things inside.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1530

34 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Hi, everyone! I'm a freelance GRF modder and I've been wanting to encrypt my GRFs so that my edits are secured, however, when I use @Tokei's encryption feature in the GRF editor, it generates a cps.dll that replaces the server's existing cps.dll. Unfortunately, @Functor's Gepard Shield identifies this newly generated cps.dll as an illegal file and auto-deletes it which ends up screwing up the encrypted GRF. On the other hand, if I don't replace the existing cps.dll, the client crashes. Any thoughts on how to resolve this? Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

image.png

Give the new cps.dll to Gepard Shield developer, Functor.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5

41 minutes ago, Chaos92 said:

Give the new cps.dll to Gepard Shield developer, Functor.

Will it be like this every time tho? ? I don't wanna keep bugging him every time I make a GRF for different servers and the same problem arises. Plus, I think it's kind of hard to get a hold of him these days.