Can't compile successfully

Echoes

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  155

Hello once again!

I'm trying to create a offline server for test purposes, but could not compile succesfully.

I'm following this guide, but got stuck at step 3:

I'm currently using MVS Express 2017 for Windows Desktop on Windows 10 version 21H2. Tried MVS 2012, 2013 & 2015 but with no luck.

The errors I'm getting are two across different project files:

image.thumb.png.fed79c905977db79f3a5d43410f3dd2c.png

• MSB8036: I tried fixing this error by following the suggestion on error msg, and retarget the solution to both SDK versions available in my MVS, being SKD 10.0.17763.0 & 10.0.14393.0. First time I tried SKD version 10.0.14393.0 got rid of this error, but newer compiling tries made the error come back, and now changing SKD versions do not fix this error.
  • LNK1104: my MVS cannot locate and open file 'ryml.lib', supposed to be @ 'C:\Gravity\rAthena\.vs\build\', but the thing is... there is no 'ryml.lib' in such folder.

image.png.3be2182882e3dae91a1eb6de862ea61b.png

Has anybody came across those errors and have fixed them, or know how to fix them to lend me a hand and suggest what should I do to fix them?

Thank you ?

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  155

On 6/24/2022 at 12:06 AM, Brynner said:

try the 2019 or 2022 version mvs

Hello and thank you for your suggestion.

Now I'm getting a bunch of errors with MVS 2022 Community (couldn't find Express) about 'no file found in directory':

• C1083: Cannot open include file: 'crtdbg.h', 'inttypes.h', 'string.h', 'assert.h', 'float.h', 'math.h', 'stddef.h', 'stdio.h', 'stlib.h', 'time.h'

Tried modifying the install to include Windows C Runtime and other stuff internet said about fixing this error but with no luck, do you have a list of needed components to install? MVS 2019 is the same in this aspect, so I haven't tried that one.

First, I started using VS2022 instead of VS2017 as suggested by Brynner & Geo on Discord. Thank you both for your advices. Geo also told me to install VS2022 with 'Desktop development with C++'.

Second, nitrous on Discord suggested me to build one project a time, starting from the problematic ryml. This suggestion combined with the third step I took: the re-installation of VS2022 now in my 'C:' drive instead made compiling the whole project successful; one at a time VS2022 built the whole project with no further problems.

Thank you again for all your help in troubleshooting my problem. Will mark this post as solution to my post with the steps I took to fix the problems!

Edited by Echoes
Solution found!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5

You do not need to change Microsoft Visual Studio it compiled completely fine on Visual Studio Express 2017 aka Community Edition

On right side the "Solution Explorer" just find "ryml" and right click it and choose "Properties" then from that "Configuration Properties>Platform Toolset" then change that to "Visual Studio 2017 (v141)"  the default value is "$(DefaultPlatformToolset)" which is causing the error at this point you can now compile ryml without error but just to be sure   you can change  "Window SDK Version" to "8.1" too ...

here's short explanation what trigger the error image

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1942

46 minutes ago, Echoes said:

Hello once again!

I'm trying to create a offline server for test purposes, but could not compile succesfully.

I'm following this guide, but got stuck at step 3:

I'm currently using MVS Express 2017 for Windows Desktop on Windows 10 version 21H2. Tried MVS 2012, 2013 & 2015 but with no luck.

The errors I'm getting are two across different project files:

image.thumb.png.fed79c905977db79f3a5d43410f3dd2c.png

• MSB8036: I tried fixing this error by following the suggestion on error msg, and retarget the solution to both SDK versions available in my MVS, being SKD 10.0.17763.0 & 10.0.14393.0. First time I tried SKD version 10.0.14393.0 got rid of this error, but newer compiling tries made the error come back, and now changing SKD versions do not fix this error.
  • LNK1104: my MVS cannot locate and open file 'ryml.lib', supposed to be @ 'C:\Gravity\rAthena\.vs\build\', but the thing is... there is no 'ryml.lib' in such folder.

image.png.3be2182882e3dae91a1eb6de862ea61b.png

Has anybody came across those errors and have fixed them, or know how to fix them to lend me a hand and suggest what should I do to fix them?

Thank you ?

try the 2019 or 2022 version mvs