[Error]: Server received crash signal! Attempting to save all online characters! Segmentation fault

DEsMOn

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  172

Hellow Scripters

Why i'm getting this in CMD?

[Error]: Server received crash signal! Attempting to save all online characters!
Segmentation fault

because of this Map server crashes...

Can any 1 guide to fix this?

15 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171

Something is crashing the map-server, run your server with gdb and once it crashes upload the output here. https://github.com/rathena/rathena/wiki/GDB

19 minutes ago, cook1e said:

Something is crashing the map-server, run your server with gdb and once it crashes upload the output here. https://github.com/rathena/rathena/wiki/GDB

Okay,

But i noticed twice. when i did @reloadmobdb server crashes with same error in  cmd.

But the problem is this happened before also when i didn't event use @reloadmobdb. So confused why its happening...

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657

7 hours ago, DEsMOn said:

Okay,

But i noticed twice. when i did @reloadmobdb server crashes with same error in  cmd.

But the problem is this happened before also when i didn't event use @reloadmobdb. So confused why its happening...

The error you received, "Server received crash signal! Attempting to save all online characters!", is a generic error that means absolutely nothing besides "your server crashed". You will always get this same error. You most likely have two unrelated crashes there.

As cook1e said above, you want to run your server with gdb (there is a link provided in his post that explains how to use it). Gdb is a debugging tool that will give you a stack trace. You will get the crash reason, followed by the line in your source code that crashed the server, followed by the functions that called your code step by step. To print the stack trace, you will want to use "bt full" after the crash.

You should also always run your server with gdb as you can't predict when a crash will happen.

Once you have the stack trace, you can share it here and people can tell you how to fix your code. Or they'll ask you to provide the code surrouding the crash. Or, if the error is obvious, you might be able to fix it yourself. But either way, we can't help you without a gdb stack trace. Goodluck!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tokei said:

The error you received, "Server received crash signal! Attempting to save all online characters!", is a generic error that means absolutely nothing besides "your server crashed". You will always get this same error. You most likely have two unrelated crashes there.

As cook1e said above, you want to run your server with gdb (there is a link provided in his post that explains how to use it). Gdb is a debugging tool that will give you a stack trace. You will get the crash reason, followed by the line in your source code that crashed the server, followed by the functions that called your code step by step. To print the stack trace, you will want to use "bt full" after the crash.

You should also always run your server with gdb as you can't predict when a crash will happen.

Once you have the stack trace, you can share it here and people can tell you how to fix your code. Or they'll ask you to provide the code surrouding the crash. Or, if the error is obvious, you might be able to fix it yourself. But either way, we can't help you without a gdb stack trace. Goodluck!

I tried installing GDB , after that step doens't work. to be frank have no knowledge about this stuffs. If your okay can u help me out?

4 hours ago, Tokei said:

When i logged in VNC, i've seen something which likes @reloadmobdb..continued with

[Error]: Server received crash signal! Attempting to save all online characters! Segmentation fault

thing is no 1 is there to do @reloadmobdb then how it was doing auto reloadmob db? so i replaced old mob db txt from back up n recompiled n restarted server and did @reloadmobdb no crash happend. My server uses 2 mob db 1 ) is mob_db.yml & 2) is mob_db.txt during test never seen those issues but frequently this started happening...

Asked by DEsMOn

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1507

did u download latest rathena github ?

Try use the latest one.

4 hours ago, Chaos92 said:

Try use the latest one.

No idea sir, those things done by dev.

22 hours ago, Chaos92 said:

Try use the latest one.

See i get error like this n server get crashes 

image.png.0c1dcfccdbe636fc3b3c31ed6be6a489.png

On 5/13/2022 at 8:41 AM, DEsMOn said:

No idea sir, those things done by dev.

Then ask your dev. use GDB to check or just use latest rathena.

4 hours ago, Chaos92 said:

Then ask your dev. use GDB to check or just use latest rathena.

Even he don't no why this is happening..!! He tried to installed GDB but couldn't generate the report for crash.

Can any 1 help me out..

Problem found and issue has been fixed..!! 

mob_db.yml wasn't reading which was leading to crash.

my rAthena reads mob_db.txt weird. 

Update :- Again crash ?

Edited by DEsMOn
Update

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  790

1 hour ago, DEsMOn said:

my rAthena reads mob_db.txt weird. 

Probably outdated rAthena? mob_db was converted to YAML fairly recently (16 Feb 2021).

On 5/16/2022 at 11:21 AM, Playtester said:

Probably outdated rAthena? mob_db was converted to YAML fairly recently (16 Feb 2021).

Ohhh, again i got crashed but wasn't available to see crash issue sad how this gonna fix ?

5 hours ago, DEsMOn said:

Ohhh, again i got crashed but wasn't available to see crash issue sad how this gonna fix ?

use latest rathena.

• Love 1

On 5/17/2022 at 10:29 PM, Chaos92 said:

use latest rathena.

Since 2 days there is no crash, found the solution. reason was Monster METAMORPHIS, just disabled from mob_skill_db.txt problem fixed..

Update :- Crash again after 2day's. ?

Edited by DEsMOn
Update