Athena CLI - The rAthena Scripts CLI

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17

Hi,

I've been thinking about how we could create a better way to code, test and deliver the scripts. My idea is, to create a tool that uses the same code as the server-side to compile a script and check if has any syntax errors. As the "code" is compiled, it can be tested by sending fake packets with some actions from the client-side like click buttons, selecting menu items, typing things and stuffs like that.

Thinking about all the work from scripters, they could create repo with a lot of scripts and testing them, as they want to be secured that works in any condition received from the client-side.

A further idea would be a "package-manager" for scripts, as they compile, test, and push their versions to the script repository. But, obviouslly, only when it all works and makes sense to the community.

?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17

Just for update, i'll be pushing code to this repo: https://github.com/aleDsz/athena

I'm still projecting the features, but the first will be the compilation of a .txt

Edited by aleDsz