A more friendly Str Editor

Tokei

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5

BUG I adjust the [Offset Bias] value and save it, it will be saved as 0.
The value is not saved. @Tokei

The offset bias value save does not operate normally.

Offset Bias value 0 https://imgur.com/Yd9RHzX

Offset Bias value -12 https://imgur.com/Hw2d5yi

str original file (Offset Bias) :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5t5n3hzkq4obnnw

[GIF] Original :

https://imgur.com/n6tHGop

[GIF] Save as Editor and Apply Game :

https://imgur.com/0atNri7

//------------------------------------------------------------
This file cannot be loaded normally.
Files are loaded, but only a portion is loaded.

loaded and saving files will compromise capacity.

And if i apply it in a game, it makes the behavior weird.

test1: (original)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rfkt5yxlc0lh6q7

test2: (original)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/iugt3ywub77tpw7

Edited by ez2ac

• 4 months later...

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657

Finally got around to do some upgrades:

• Fixed a bunch of missing shortcuts.
  • Fixed issues with the bias values not being saved.
  • Added bezier curves (Edit > Add/Delete bezier curve).
  • Added detection for bezier curves for str files.
    • This feature also impact the time a file takes to load as there are many calculations required for this.
    • If you're having issues, you can always disable this option via File > Settings > Attempt to recover lost str information.
    • To move a single control point of the bezier curve, hold the Ctrl key down.
  • It will now draw the entire path of the layer instead of only the current interpolation path.
    image.png.26a1e804f17f32f5ca4eb03ad059cbd1.png
  • You can now navigate through the nodes in the path by clicking on the red-ish dot.
  • You can now change the origin of the layer by moving the cyan dot in the image above.
  • You can reset the origin from Edit > Center origin.
  • Added a scaling option for ease of use, via Edit > Scale. For scaling down by 80%, use 0.2; likewise, for scaling up by 250%, use 2.5.
  • Fixed a bug with the zoom selection when using the mouse wheel and not being able to select a predefined value.
  • Added a visibility option to the layers. There are more options when right-clicking the layer.
    image.png.1d81d7bd9935fec625f892c8b8385b2c.png
  • Added a gif saving option from File > Save as Gif. The feature is far from perfect, but it can help some.
    image.png.5aca032e602463675867c207142f5d77.png
  • Added specific paste options. After copying a keyframe with Ctrl-C, you'll be able to paste which property you are looking for:
    image.png.e19fff65f323acc4316c10b3b7a921ac.png
    As with any shortcut, these can be changed from File > Settings > Shortcuts.
    The texture paste currently only copies the index, not the actual texture. Will fix some other day...
  • Fixed a bug where closing a popup window wouldn't focus the main window afterwards.
  • Fixed a bug when saving a file with texture animations mixed with bias/bezier.

On 4/8/2022 at 12:31 AM, ez2ac said:

//------------------------------------------------------------
This file cannot be loaded normally.
Files are loaded, but only a portion is loaded.

loaded and saving files will compromise capacity.

And if i apply it in a game, it makes the behavior weird.

test1: (original)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rfkt5yxlc0lh6q7

test2: (original)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/iugt3ywub77tpw7

Not entirely sure what you mean there. If the issue isn't fixed in this version, please explain it again.

Edited by Tokei
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  150

On 8/8/2022 at 2:19 PM, Tokei said:

Finally got around to do some upgrades:

• Fixed a bunch of missing shortcuts.
  • Fixed issues with the bias values not being saved.
  • Added bezier curves (Edit > Add/Delete bezier curve).
  • Added detection for bezier curves for str files.
    • This feature also impact the time a file takes to load as there are many calculations required for this.
    • If you're having issues, you can always disable this option via File > Settings > Attempt to recover lost str information.
    • To move a single control point of the bezier curve, hold the Ctrl key down.
  • It will now draw the entire path of the layer instead of only the current interpolation path.
    image.png.26a1e804f17f32f5ca4eb03ad059cbd1.png
  • You can now navigate through the nodes in the path by clicking on the red-ish dot.
  • You can now change the origin of the layer by moving the cyan dot in the image above.
  • You can reset the origin from Edit > Center origin.
  • Added a scaling option for ease of use, via Edit > Scale. For scaling down by 80%, use 0.2; likewise, for scaling up by 250%, use 2.5.
  • Fixed a bug with the zoom selection when using the mouse wheel and not being able to select a predefined value.
  • Added a visibility option to the layers. There are more options when right-clicking the layer.
    image.png.1d81d7bd9935fec625f892c8b8385b2c.png
  • Added a gif saving option from File > Save as Gif. The feature is far from perfect, but it can help some.
    image.png.5aca032e602463675867c207142f5d77.png
  • Added specific paste options. After copying a keyframe with Ctrl-C, you'll be able to paste which property you are looking for:
    image.png.e19fff65f323acc4316c10b3b7a921ac.png
    As with any shortcut, these can be changed from File > Settings > Shortcuts.
    The texture paste currently only copies the index, not the actual texture. Will fix some other day...
  • Fixed a bug where closing a popup window wouldn't focus the main window afterwards.
  • Fixed a bug when saving a file with texture animations mixed with bias/bezier.

Not entirely sure what you mean there. If the issue isn't fixed in this version, please explain it again.

Thanks for this app, it's amazing

• 2 months later...

There is a frame save bug. @Tokei

Edited by ez2on

6 hours ago, ez2on said:

There is a frame save bug. @Tokei

Hello, hmm, can you be more specific?

On 10/26/2022 at 8:31 AM, Tokei said:

Hello, hmm, can you be more specific?

If you save it as ezv,A single frame has been changed.

On 10/30/2022 at 2:02 PM, ez2on said:

If you save it as ezv,A single frame has been changed.

Hmm, I'm not able to reproduce your issue. Saving as ezv works fine on my end. I have uploaded a newer version (1.0.6) to save ezv as 0.95 instead of 0.94 to support tga images. But that doesn't appear to be related to your issue at all, so you'd have to give me a way to reproduce the problem.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 4:55 AM, Tokei said:

Hmm, I'm not able to reproduce your issue. Saving as ezv works fine on my end. I have uploaded a newer version (1.0.6) to save ezv as 0.95 instead of 0.94 to support tga images. But that doesn't appear to be related to your issue at all, so you'd have to give me a way to reproduce the problem.

Saving this file as .ezv changes the frame to a single frame. @Tokei

https://www.mediafire.com/file/tsvv1g3cedek576

12 hours ago, ez2on said:

Saving this file as .ezv changes the frame to a single frame. @Tokei

https://www.mediafire.com/file/tsvv1g3cedek576

Heya,

I see what you mean now; it should be fixed in 1.0.7.

15 hours ago, Tokei said:

Heya,

I see what you mean now; it should be fixed in 1.0.7.

1.0.7 BUG
open and save an existing .str file, the Bias value is lost.

and

As you can see in the picture, which part is this?
This is when i open the ezv file and save it as str.
Original = 00 00 80 7F
ezv → str save = 00 00 00 00

000.jpg

Edited by ez2on

9 hours ago, ez2on said:

open and save an existing .str file, the Bias value is lost.

I am not able to reproduce this issue. Str files do not have a bias value to begin with though, that's emulated. If the bias value isn't showing up, it could be that it simply failed to guess the value properly. Either way, I would need an example (with a file if possible) on how to reproduce.

As for the second part, at 0x10c, the value should indeed be 0x00000000. That is the delay for texture animation. That value, "0x7f800000", means "Infinifty" which is usually the result of a division by 0. That's... a bug with the original str file. I saw it in your EZV file and I fixed the output to say "0" instead as it didn't make any sense to save the value as "Infinity" in a EZV file. As for the str file itself, it has no impact since the animation type is set to normal, and therefore the value isn't read at all. I will make a small change however and make sure this value (infinity) can't propagate anywhere either and fix it when loading the str file instead. I'll wait for more information on the bias issue above though.

Edited by Tokei

6 minutes ago, Tokei said:

I am not able to reproduce this issue. Str files do not have a bias value to begin with though, that's emulated. If the bias value isn't showing up, it could be that it simply failed to guess the value properly. Either way, I would need an example (with a file if possible) on how to reproduce.

As for the second part, at 0x10c, the value should indeed be 0x00000000. That is the delay for texture animation. That value, "0x7f800000", means "Infinifty" which is usually the result of a division by 0. That's... a bug with the original str file. I saw it in your EZV file and I fixed the output to say "0" instead as it didn't make any sense to save the value as "Infinity" in a EZV file. As for the str file itself, it has no impact since the animation type is set to normal, and therefore the value isn't read at all. I will make a small change however and make sure this value (infinity) can't propagate anywhere either and fix it when loading the str file instead. I'll wait for more information on the bias issue above though.

Oh, sorry. I saved it in a different version. haha 
1.0.7 There is no save bug.
I'll let you know when I find a bug.
Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  2

Hello !
First of all thanks a lot for creating this software it's wayyy more convenient than the other alternatives.
I have a little question, would it be possible for the "Save as Gif" option to create Gifs with transparent background because when I set the opacity of the background to 0 the output gif has a solid background composed of the grid that's shown on the editor.

5 hours ago, Thibazu said:

Hello !
First of all thanks a lot for creating this software it's wayyy more convenient than the other alternatives.
I have a little question, would it be possible for the "Save as Gif" option to create Gifs with transparent background because when I set the opacity of the background to 0 the output gif has a solid background composed of the grid that's shown on the editor.

Heya,

Unfortunately, that is not really possible. The gif format doesn't support semi-transparency. One pixel color can be transparent (which is commonly the pink color in RO, or 0xff00ff). While... this is possible to support, it would also make any other semi-transparent pixel look horrible with shades of pink for any of your other semi-transparent layers (I'd show you an example, but I'm on phone right now). It's a limitation of the gif format, there's not much I can do there. That's why I didn't really bother with transparency support while saving gif images and instead opted of rendering the str as they are directly shown in the preview window. I would suggest simply changing the background to black to make these gifs as this is when you'll have the best output. Alternatively, you could change the background color to wherever you plan on displaying these gifs, but you'll quickly see white background isn't a great choice for most str. Saving those animations is just really troublesome.

The only real "solution" I could come up with is saving the output as a series of PNG images (which I'm not sure is actually possible, but worth looking into). Though, that wouldn't really solve what you're trying to do, at least I don't think...?

• Content Count:  2

3 hours ago, Tokei said:

Heya,

Unfortunately, that is not really possible. The gif format doesn't support semi-transparency. One pixel color can be transparent (which is commonly the pink color in RO, or 0xff00ff). While... this is possible to support, it would also make any other semi-transparent pixel look horrible with shades of pink for any of your other semi-transparent layers (I'd show you an example, but I'm on phone right now). It's a limitation of the gif format, there's not much I can do there. That's why I didn't really bother with transparency support while saving gif images and instead opted of rendering the str as they are directly shown in the preview window. I would suggest simply changing the background to black to make these gifs as this is when you'll have the best output. Alternatively, you could change the background color to wherever you plan on displaying these gifs, but you'll quickly see white background isn't a great choice for most str. Saving those animations is just really troublesome.

The only real "solution" I could come up with is saving the output as a series of PNG images (which I'm not sure is actually possible, but worth looking into). Though, that wouldn't really solve what you're trying to do, at least I don't think...?

Thanks a lot for answering, ok I didn't know the gif format was this troublesome ?

Don't worry about it, I just wanted to make "clean" gifs to send them on discord so it's not that big of an issue to have a solid background.

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1167

based thie error notificaton should i install netframework 4.0 ?

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at StrEditor.WPF.EditorControls.FrameViewer._primary_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GLControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4614.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
StrEditor
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/RO%20Files/RO%20Tool/StrEditor%20v1.0.7/StrEditor.exe
PresentationFramework
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4605.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
WindowsBase
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4605.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
PresentationCore
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
System.Xaml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xaml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xaml.dll
OpenTK
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/RO%20Files/RO%20Tool/StrEditor%20v1.0.7/OpenTK.DLL
Utilities
    Assembly Version: 1.2.8346.20600
    Win32 Version: 1.2.8346.20600
    CodeBase: file:///G:/RO%20Files/RO%20Tool/StrEditor%20v1.0.7/Utilities.DLL
TokeiLibrary
    Assembly Version: 1.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/RO%20Files/RO%20Tool/StrEditor%20v1.0.7/TokeiLibrary.DLL
GrfToWpfBridge
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.1
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///G:/RO%20Files/RO%20Tool/StrEditor%20v1.0.7/GrfToWpfBridge.DLL
ErrorManager
    Assembly Version: 1.2.5494.34248
    Win32 Version: 1.2.5494.34248
    CodeBase: file:///G:/RO%20Files/RO%20Tool/StrEditor%20v1.0.7/ErrorManager.DLL
GRF
    Assembly Version: 1.2.8346.20602
    Win32 Version: 1.2.8346.20602
    CodeBase: file:///G:/RO%20Files/RO%20Tool/StrEditor%20v1.0.7/GRF.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
PresentationFramework.Aero2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework.Aero2/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.Aero2.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
PresentationFramework-SystemXml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework-SystemXml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/PresentationFramework-SystemXml.dll
UIAutomationTypes
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/UIAutomationTypes/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/UIAutomationTypes.dll
UIAutomationProvider
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/UIAutomationProvider/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/UIAutomationProvider.dll
ColorPicker
    CodeBase: file:///G:/RO%20Files/RO%20Tool/StrEditor%20v1.0.7/ColorPicker.DLL
WindowsFormsIntegration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsFormsIntegration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsFormsIntegration.dll
OpenTK.GLControl
    CodeBase: file:///G:/RO%20Files/RO%20Tool/StrEditor%20v1.0.7/OpenTK.GLControl.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4550.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
PresentationFramework-SystemXmlLinq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework-SystemXmlLinq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/PresentationFramework-SystemXmlLinq.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  770

I was try to open STR 
and get this message

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at GRF.FileFormats.StrFormat.InterpolatedKeyFrame.Interpolate(Str str, Int32 layerIdx, Int32 frameIdx, Boolean interpolationOnly)
   at StrEditor.Core.DrawingComponents.LayerDraw.Render(IPreview frameEditor, Int32 layerId, Int32 frameId)
   at StrEditor.WPF.EditorControls.FrameViewer._primary_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
   at StrEditor.WPF.EditorControls.FrameViewer._framePreview_MouseWheel(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseWheel(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.OnMouseWheel(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseWheel(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
StrEditor
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Tools/StrEditor%20v1.0.3/StrEditor.exe
PresentationFramework
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
WindowsBase
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
PresentationCore
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
System.Xaml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xaml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xaml.dll
OpenTK
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Tools/StrEditor%20v1.0.3/OpenTK.DLL
Utilities
    Assembly Version: 1.2.8107.23572
    Win32 Version: 1.2.8107.23572
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Tools/StrEditor%20v1.0.3/Utilities.DLL
TokeiLibrary
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Tools/StrEditor%20v1.0.3/TokeiLibrary.DLL
GrfToWpfBridge
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Tools/StrEditor%20v1.0.3/GrfToWpfBridge.DLL
ErrorManager
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Tools/StrEditor%20v1.0.3/ErrorManager.DLL
GRF
    Assembly Version: 1.2.8107.23573
    Win32 Version: 1.2.8107.23573
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Tools/StrEditor%20v1.0.3/GRF.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework.Aero2/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.Aero2.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework-SystemXml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/PresentationFramework-SystemXml.dll
UIAutomationTypes
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/UIAutomationTypes/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/UIAutomationTypes.dll
UIAutomationProvider
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/UIAutomationProvider/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/UIAutomationProvider.dll
ColorPicker
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Tools/StrEditor%20v1.0.3/ColorPicker.DLL
OpenTK.GLControl
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Tools/StrEditor%20v1.0.3/OpenTK.GLControl.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
WindowsFormsIntegration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsFormsIntegration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsFormsIntegration.dll
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework-SystemXmlLinq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/PresentationFramework-SystemXmlLinq.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

image.png.6a81657878296d0459977dabec7dae02.pngrabbit.rar

Edited by LearningRO
Give Example data

5 hours ago, LearningRO said:

I was try to open STR 
and get this message

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at GRF.FileFormats.StrFormat.InterpolatedKeyFrame.Interpolate(Str str, Int32 layerIdx, Int32 frameIdx, Boolean interpolationOnly)
   at StrEditor.Core.DrawingComponents.LayerDraw.Render(IPreview frameEditor, Int32 layerId, Int32 frameId)
   at StrEditor.WPF.EditorControls.FrameViewer._framePreview_MouseWheel(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseWheel(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.OnMouseWheel(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseWheel(Message& m)

mscorlib
StrEditor
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Tools/StrEditor%20v1.0.3/StrEditor.exe
PresentationFramework
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
WindowsBase
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
PresentationCore
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
System.Xaml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xaml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xaml.dll
OpenTK
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Tools/StrEditor%20v1.0.3/OpenTK.DLL
Utilities
    Assembly Version: 1.2.8107.23572
    Win32 Version: 1.2.8107.23572
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Tools/StrEditor%20v1.0.3/Utilities.DLL
TokeiLibrary
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Tools/StrEditor%20v1.0.3/TokeiLibrary.DLL
GrfToWpfBridge
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Tools/StrEditor%20v1.0.3/GrfToWpfBridge.DLL
ErrorManager
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Tools/StrEditor%20v1.0.3/ErrorManager.DLL
GRF
    Assembly Version: 1.2.8107.23573
    Win32 Version: 1.2.8107.23573
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Tools/StrEditor%20v1.0.3/GRF.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework.Aero2/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.Aero2.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework-SystemXml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/PresentationFramework-SystemXml.dll
UIAutomationTypes
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/UIAutomationTypes/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/UIAutomationTypes.dll
UIAutomationProvider
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/UIAutomationProvider/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/UIAutomationProvider.dll
ColorPicker
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Tools/StrEditor%20v1.0.3/ColorPicker.DLL
OpenTK.GLControl
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Tools/StrEditor%20v1.0.3/OpenTK.GLControl.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
WindowsFormsIntegration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsFormsIntegration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsFormsIntegration.dll
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework-SystemXmlLinq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/PresentationFramework-SystemXmlLinq.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

image.png.6a81657878296d0459977dabec7dae02.png rabbit.rar 168.99 kB · 0 downloads

same issue, waiting for the answer to fix this error

13 hours ago, LearningRO said:

image.png.6a81657878296d0459977dabec7dae02.png

7 hours ago, hendra814 said:

same issue, waiting for the answer to fix this error

Hmm, which software was used to create these?

image.png.bdb35f0141f904afd5cdd0728f30e3fc.png

The integer for the frame count is written in plain text with "Fram". That looks like a bug when saving the file. I can't really retrieve that value perfectly, but I can guess it while loading the file and make an estimate.

__

Updated to 1.0.8:

• Fixed the issue above.
  • Added Flip Horizontal/Vertical transformations.
  • Added a new button "Group Edit" to modify multiple frames at the same time. The available transformations for Group Edit are translation, rotation and flip.
  • MVP 1

4 hours ago, Tokei said:

The integer for the frame count is written in plain text with "Fram". That looks like a bug when saving the file. I can't really retrieve that value perfectly, but I can guess it while loading the file and make an estimate.

__

Updated to 1.0.8:

• Fixed the issue above.
  • Added a new button "Group Edit" to modify multiple frames at the same time. The available transformations for Group Edit are translation, rotation and flip.

for rabbit.str its from KRO official
I guess STR editor can't load new effect from official

image.png.1a0478df680f9b7f1b0baf6301ce7ab1.png

thanks right now i can open it ?

On 4/1/2023 at 2:59 AM, Tokei said:

__

Updated to 1.0.8:

• Fixed the issue above.

Hi, i want ask you a question, is it posible change custom aura (tga and bmp file) into str file

10 hours ago, hendra814 said:

Hi, i want ask you a question, is it posible change custom aura (tga and bmp file) into str file

Well, auras are str files to begin with, no? You could open an existing aura, change the textures to your files, and save it again for a quick custom aura.

14 hours ago, Tokei said:

Well, auras are str files to begin with, no? You could open an existing aura, change the textures to your files, and save it again for a quick custom aura.

Can you guide me how to do that?

i try open custom aura files but not showing the files.

image.thumb.png.b3b3b048c2c707120902d28a4bfb5b7b.png

Note: i want create custome hat effect like in this post https://rathena.org/board/topic/132752-guide-add-new-hateffect-aura-style/#comment-413006

Edited by hendra814

14 hours ago, hendra814 said:

Can you guide me how to do that?

i try open custom aura files but not showing the files.

Note: i want create custome hat effect like in this post https://rathena.org/board/topic/132752-guide-add-new-hateffect-aura-style/#comment-413006

Heya,

It took me a while to figure out what you were trying to do. You're trying to edit the client aura effect using the NEMO/WARP patch for more aura options, instead of creating custom hat effects from the guide. That's why you don't see a STR file in your folder. Those are two completely different features and you can't really mix them. Now I can't help you if you're going with the first option since those effects are read directly by the client and therefore do not have STR files. You also can't edit them at all besides changing the BMP file.

The guide you're following provided you with a zip in step 4 which contains what you actually need for making custom hat effects (not auras).

So assuming you've followed the previous steps in the guide, and you defined your new hat effect as this...

HAT_EF_Angelic_Aura = 181
	//...
	[HatEFID.HAT_EF_Angelic_Aura] = {
		resourceFileName = "effect\\angelic_aura\\angelic_aura.str",
		hatEffectPos = -6,
		hatEffectPosX = 0,
		isIgnoreRiding = true,
		isAdjustPositionWhenShrinkState = true,
		isAdjustSizeWhenShrinkState = true
	}

You now have two methods when creating a new hat effect: change the textures or customize it. If you're only going to change the textures, which is what most people end up doing, then it's fairly easy. Duplicate the aura from the example in step 4, then overwrite the textures with your own and that's pretty much it.

If you want to do more edits and more "fancy" stuff with your auras, then here's an example below:

• Open an existing STR file (arcana_aura.str, from your guide's example).
  • Do whatever changes you want in the STR. I'm adding a second layer that I duplicated and then used a random texture I found somewhere.
  • Save the file to wherever you want, as long as it matches with your resourceFileName.
  • (I'm ignoring the particle effect on top that they're showing you in the guide, that part is up to you.)

kRAH8lI.gif

• MVP 1