[Info]: Closed connection from '127.0.0.1'.

calaluis

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34

Hello Community,

Through this channel, I need help regarding the no connection between the client and the server, for which, this happened when correcting a false positive from the DDOS attack.

This is what happens on the server side.

[Info]: Git Hash: '4a3dac6c93cb015bccee7bfe361fa4d7b5b6004c'

image.thumb.png.13d6e3e292ab66f621deec6702334872.png

This is what happens on the client side.

image.png.d115b66f1f95a5115506cf8d96680eb8.png

Everything has been tried, everything that appears in the forum regarding this, and nothing at all.

Stay tuned.

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  27

In Which Port are you running the server? Probably the port is used by your OS so it's keep pinging the server. So, rA will detect that as a DDoS attack.
You'll need to give more information, like your connection settings on conf folder, or anything else.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  34

On 12/15/2021 at 4:22 PM, ryukazuna said:

In Which Port are you running the server? Probably the port is used by your OS so it's keep pinging the server. So, rA will detect that as a DDoS attack.
You'll need to give more information, like your connection settings on conf folder, or anything else.

Hello,

Thanks to the information you gave me, I was able to find the problem, for which, I leave it as a blog, in case any may happen to you.

It turns out that the emulator, as everyone knows, comes configured with ports by default. So in my case, port 6900, which is used by the login server, was also being used by an IRC server that I set up recently, without realizing that little detail. So what I did was change the default port to another.

This does not end here with the change made. The message [Info]: Closed connection from '127.0.0.1'. It was starting to appear only on the map server, for which, I took what you told me. What I did was the following: change all the default ports that the emulator uses for interconnection with players (login, characters and map), for unknown ports. with that, I was able to fix that additional problem.

With that, I have a precedent by way of assumption, that the default port of the server map was being attacked. I think it is good practice not to use the ports that come by default, for security reasons.