Help with Character Creation (Adding all Hairstyles)

Ashlin

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1

Hi there, been a fan and player of Ragnarok Online for a very long time and decided I'd like to make a private server of my own.

I'm a junior software developer, so I knew for the most part what I'm doing, although there are a few file paths and connections I'm not fully understanding between the client and the server.
First off, the current project is to add new hairstyles to the character creation screen, and I've observed that all of the female and male options for hairstyle are in data.grf under the following paths

data\sprite\Àΰ£Á·\¸Ó¸®Åë\³²

data\sprite\Àΰ£Á·\¸Ó¸®Åë\¿©

One directory is female, the other is male, that much is simple.
However, these hairstyles (42 for each gender) do not all appear during character creation.
I tried adding additional .bmps with the apparent naming scheme to

data\texture\À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º\make_character_ver2

But the client not only failed to display any additional hairstyles during character creation, it didn't even change what previews of hairstyles were available.
It's important to note that I have increased the hairstyle limit allowed from clients in conf\battle\client.conf
I cloned the public rAthena Github and installed my server using Renewal settings less than a week ago, and for the client I decided to go with 2020-06-03aRagexe and I used Nemo to patch the client with the English Translation profile provided here along with the recommended patches that are included with the Nemo application. I also did try to use the "increase hairstyle limit in creation" patch, but that threw an error.

The last thing I would like to note is that by using the server's database via the SQL Workbench, I was able to manually change the hairstyle of the GM account to one of the hairstyles that aren't available through the stylists or the character creation menu (No. 38 is what I went with)
That alone tells me there probably is a method in getting them added, but I simply do not know what that method would be. I searched around a bit and it seemed like the only solution was to use a client that supported the patch I was unable to apply to the 2020 .exe I went with.
However, when I tried to use an .exe that did support that specific patch option, it wouldn't log in to the server, despite it being the same kRO directory I installed my 2020 client into that works fine with no issues (as far as I can tell).

So, if anybody has any knowledge on getting the additional hairstyles unlocked for the character creation setup, that much would be appreciated. Or, if you need more information I'll be keeping an eye on the post until I get this solved, so feel free to ask for more information if it's needed.

If it would be easier for anybody who's interested in helping me figure this out to use Discord, feel free to add me! -> Ashlin#0001

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  924

As far as I know, hair style in character creation is fixed.