New mob_db.yml affecting scripts with @reloadmobdb

norightinfo

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24

Hi, so I was glad that the mob_db.txt has been converted to mod_db.yml, which is so much easier to read and modify, however I counter a possible performance issue, I have a floating rate script which is an sample script provided by the rAthena.

Long story short, so the script uses "setbattleflag" to modify the experience and drop rates, combined with calling a command @reloadmobdb, now here is where the problem occurs, as it reloads the mob_db.yml file, it takes long to finished the load time from the mapserver, and in game it freezes the characters (players). 

Does anyone also experiencing this problem aswell? and do you have any resolution?

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  241

6 minutes ago, norightinfo said:

Hi, so I was glad that the mob_db.txt has been converted to mod_db.yml, which is so much easier to read and modify, however I counter a possible performance issue, I have a floating rate script which is an sample script provided by the rAthena.

Long story short, so the script uses "setbattleflag" to modify the experience and drop rates, combined with calling a command @reloadmobdb, now here is where the problem occurs, as it reloads the mob_db.yml file, it takes long to finished the load time from the mapserver, and in game it freezes the characters (players). 

Does anyone also experiencing this problem aswell? and do you have any resolution?

From what I know it shouldn't freeze unless you use reloadscript. o.o. Do you find any error btw?

45 minutes ago, Ronald said:

From what I know it shouldn't freeze unless you use reloadscript. o.o. Do you find any error btw?

I am using "reloadmobdb" so it should reload, I am not using "reloadscript" this is entirely triggered by the script on npc, and no error.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  911

If you are using other OS it will only take 30-40sec to load . But if you are using windows it takes a minute .

11 minutes ago, Poring King said:

If you are using other OS it will only take 30-40sec to load . But if you are using windows it takes a minute .

This much is true, I am using Windows and it does takes 1-2minutes before it finishes its load. So I guess my only solution to switch it with Linux base distros.

Edited by norightinfo
  • Upvote 1