Trying to get necessary files and set up to learn

charlielovesu

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9

Hi everyone, I've been trying to get a decent set up to start messing around with things to learn, but it seems I can't get it together for whatever reason.

If it helps:

My goals to mess around with things for now are pretty straightforward:

1.) Scripting Basic NPCs(can already do this)
2.) add in custom mobs and/or NPC sprites

the latter is what I'm struggling with. I've followed the advice I've gotten in the discord but I don't wanna keep blowing up the discord since this is well beyond a quick help I think at this point.

Here's what I've done:

1.) download server database editor
2.) download Chris' unencrypted .lub files "

I have a working OFFLINE server already and I can't get seem to edit any of the .lub files successfully. the server database editor also does not recognize my db folder. Not sure if I'm specifying correctly.

I've chosen:

C:\Users\Charlie\Desktop\Offline Server\LOCAL RO\01_emulator\01_emulator\01_emulator\rathena_PRERE\db\pre-re

as my path in the server database editor but it says it can't find any of the files it needs to edit.

Any help is appreciated, I'm just trying to get a feel for how to edit and customize things for the first time.

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  27

Drop the database editor and try to edit files directly? They're easy to read and interpret.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  9

On 7/11/2021 at 6:02 AM, PedroProplayer said:

Drop the database editor and try to edit files directly? They're easy to read and interpret.

I have tried this. I have edited the mob_db, jobname.lub,  and npc.identity.lub

here's what I have so far:

I'm just trying to add in a custom mob basically. I am using haziel's SPPO mob. the sprite name is HAZ_SPPO.ACT and SPR respectively. so I'm not sure if I did something wrong. even though I changed my mob_db to renewal's table and updated by GRF it still only shows up with @mi up to mob 1999 and nothing past that. Am I wrong to check if the mob exists in the db by checking @mi and then the mob name? is there a reason the renewal mobs wouldn't be showing up?

jobname.lub npcidentity.lub mob_db.txt