How to add animation for a new weapon type to a class?

Syovere

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5

Okay, I know how to set a new weapon type to be equippable, and how to edit the aspd table so you have more than 1 aspd with a given weapon type.

What I need to know is how to add the animations, so you can actually see, for example, a dagger in a Summoner's paws. I know, of course, that I'll have to do some spritework myself, but I'm wondering about what I need to do to make the client actually show it; what configurations have to be done, where does hte file go, what must it be named, etc.

If it helps (or is necessary), a specific list of what I have in mind is: daggers and possibly 1h swords for Summoners and javelins (bows mechanically) to Super Novices; actual bows would require full new animated sprite movements for Super Novices which would be beyond my skills, but I think I can fit Javelins to the existing attack animations. I also want to play around more with 2h maces, but it seems like they already have a sprite (even if it is just a clone of the basic 1h mace one). Admittedly I'm not 100% sure my Summoner ideas will go through, but y'know. May as well have it set up.

Edited by Syovere

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet